Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 11:18 PM
Error when Trying to Snap Sim into Newly Created Slot
So hey,

I'm currently attempting to recreate the TS1 Superstar diving tank . As a starting point, I cloned the AL large aquarium. Switching the meshes, adding the needed bones and animations for the doors all went well.
It's went it comes to creating the interaction that I hit a snag: while I managed to add and direct my sim to a new routing slot, I am unsuccessful when I later try to have them snap into an added container slot. First of all, knowing how to 'number' this new slot is a bit tricky: the aquarium only has one already existing container slot, but it has an I9 value of 8, and I'm unsure of how to number mine (1? 9? One more than the highest value in that list?) Then comes my second issue: I can place a sim into that slot using the moveobjects on cheat, but not through the "Snap into Slot" function. I don't know whether that is due to how I've numbered the slot, or something else. The error code the game provides me with is a generic "Undefined Transition" one. I've tried to change the I9 value of the slot, its # in the text list, and the number the 'Snap into Slot' function calls upon - but to no avail.

Can anyone help me out with this? Do I need to completely reorganize the object's slot structure?
I've included my package file with this post. The 'Snap into Slot' function is called by the 'Interaction - Dive' BHAV.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  CandK_TS1SuperstarDivingTankRemake.rar (892.6 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 2:49 PM
You are trying to snap the sim into container slot 9 when there is only 1 container slot which I believe would have to be slot 0. The slot file has two container slots but that is irrelevant when there is only 1 in the resource node. After you add another container slot it should become (container) slot 1.
I'm quite sure the I9 values point to the names in the 'Bones' text list so you need to add the name of your new container slot there then point the I9 value to it.
The 'slot_aquarium_10_antichambre' has an incorrect leading space in the 'Bones' text which may cause a problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 4:13 PM
Thank you! But that wasn't it, sadly I've tried to point the BHAV to slot 0, 1, 9, etc, but I still got an error each time, even after reorganizing and tiding up the slot and bones lists. I'm wondering if the issue might not have to do with it's various 'values' in the slot list. Maybe it isn't fit to 'support' the way I'm trying to snap a sim into it? (Which would admittedly be strange since I took the info from a functioning object.)

Anyways, I think I've found another way to have the sim cross the entrance if the slot won't work. I just need to figure out how to change locomotion height.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  CandK_TS1SuperstarDivingTankRemakeV2.rar (896.7 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 2:53 AM
Yes, after checking out in game I found that because it's initializing as an aquarium sims can't be placed into it's slots, only items that can go on a counter could, after fixing that it has not been initialized with the ability to support any weight. The 'Function - Init' has to be re-written.
I've placed a file on box.net for you (DivingTank.zip 1.58mb) which contains a couple of files. The file DivingTank.package is your file with just enough changes to get the sim into a slot. Notice in the 'Interaction - Dive' I've used the global 'Debug - Snap Failure' (0x0171) to give a clear message when there is a problem.
https://app.box.com/s/mzlkcdxgkmycdb10kgz3kuq287ovwacz

The other file EssenceOfSim.package is something extracted (unchanged) from The Sims2 Angel and Nurses Stuff, it's part of the space holiday set which is based on the 1960s movie Barberella. As a themed item it's probably of little use to you but it has a lot of slots that are laid out a bit more tidily and should help you see how the slots in the resource node, slots file and the Bones.text work together and the (weird) numbering used in the op-codes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 3:59 PM
Thank you! :3 I will look into it today.