Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 10:26 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 21st Feb 2019 at 4:16 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
deformed pets glitch, please help?
I pretty sure this is the wrong place for this..but it said sims 3 pets.....so.

Ok, two months after it came out I got sims 3 pets. Ever since I installed it I have had deformed pets, we're talking straight out of a horror film deformed pets here.
I've done everything possible, uninstalled and installed multiple times and I don't know what to do.

Then I searched the internet and every source says it's a graphics card issue? Now the game is installed on my mother's windows vista computer. So it's up to her what I can and can't change.

But also according to her there is no graphics card in the computer.

So what can I do to have normal looking pets....Also, off topic but I think this is effected too. The grass in the world, in game is very well, blah. And I've seen pics with very detailed grass and dirt, Is that a graphic thing too?

Help appreciated. Sorry if it's in wrong place.
I'll post pics later,

Also my game is patched to 1.55-something And I have every game up to Island paradise except; 70's,80's and 90's, Diesel, Katy Perry, and movie stuff.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 11:19 PM
You did post in the right place. If the computer you're using doesn't have a graphics card, you need to stop playing TS3 on it. Computers can come with an integrated graphics chip instead of a graphics card, which is fine for some things, but TS3 needs a graphics card - and a good graphics card at that. If you keep playing TS3 on a computer with no graphics card, then these kinds of glitches are inevitable; but more importantly, you're damaging the computer, and eventually it'll just stop working. Since it's your Mum's computer, I imagine you don't want that!

I'd suggest talking to your Mum about the possibility of installing a graphics card and improved power supply into her computer. If she's not willing to let you do that, then it's probably time to look into a computer of your own. I know these are expensive options, and I'm sorry about that - but TS3 is an expensive game to play.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You did post in the right place. If the computer you're using doesn't have a graphics card, you need to stop playing TS3 on it. Computers can come with an integrated graphics chip instead of a graphics card, which is fine for some things, but TS3 needs a graphics card - and a good graphics card at that. If you keep playing TS3 on a computer with no graphics card, then these kinds of glitches are inevitable; but more importantly, you're damaging the computer, and eventually it'll just stop working. Since it's your Mum's computer, I imagine you don't want that!

I'd suggest talking to your Mum about the possibility of installing a graphics card and improved power supply into her computer. If she's not willing to let you do that, then it's probably time to look into a computer of your own. I know these are expensive options, and I'm sorry about that - but TS3 is an expensive game to play.

Oh my. really? I did not realize that.
Actually she says it's fine to get a graphics card, but neither of us know where or what to look for, any suggestions? And what do you mean improved power supply, is that because of the graphics card or something different? Sorry this is all new to me.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 12:32 AM
Which country are you in? What sort of budget would you be looking at, roughly?

Yes, the improved power supply is needed by the graphics card. Different power supplies supply a different amount of electricity to your computer, and the amount of power you need is basically calculated by adding up the power needed for each component of the computer. An integrated graphics chip needs very little power, so it doesn't add much to the computer's overall power requirements, and the computer probably has around a 300W power supply at the minute. A graphics card will need more power - how much more will depend on the graphics card - so you'll need a power supply which puts out more watts of electricity.

Is your Mum's computer a prebuilt, that she bought from Dell or HP or another company like that? If so, do you know what its model number is?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 12:55 AM
We live in the USA. Can't really afford to spend much on things for games like this.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but only understood half of what you said, I don't speak computer. I meant; how do you get improved power supply, does it come from the graphics card?

whether it's pre-built or not I don't know, my dad bought it at the store for mom as anniversary gift several years ago. I do know it says ACER on the monitor and tower.

And if it requires all this extra expensive stuff, then really I can't be bothered, there are six users on this computer; myself and my mom included. and we can't afford to spend or waste time on a game.

......I play it too much as it is.....he he he
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 1:03 AM
Sorry - I misunderstood your question! If you look at the back of your computer, probably at the top, you can see one face of a box, usually black, which has a big fan, a switch, and the socket that you plug the power cord into. That's the power supply. If you install a graphics card, you'll also need to take that box out and replace it with a better one - or you can get a shop to do it for you.

If it's an Acer, then that sounds like a prebuilt, so it will have a model number somewhere which would make it easier to find out what parts it currently has - that's important information when deciding on an upgrade.

If you don't want to, or can't afford to, upgrade the computer, I totally understand. If you change your mind, though, please feel free to post here or in the Computer & Technical Help forum, and we can help you pick out a good graphics card and power supply, which will play TS3 and stay (hopefully) within your budget.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 5:17 PM
Problem solved
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Sorry - I misunderstood your question! If you look at the back of your computer, probably at the top, you can see one face of a box, usually black, which has a big fan, a switch, and the socket that you plug the power cord into. That's the power supply. If you install a graphics card, you'll also need to take that box out and replace it with a better one - or you can get a shop to do it for you.

If it's an Acer, then that sounds like a prebuilt, so it will have a model number somewhere which would make it easier to find out what parts it currently has - that's important information when deciding on an upgrade.

If you don't want to, or can't afford to, upgrade the computer, I totally understand. If you change your mind, though, please feel free to post here or in the Computer & Technical Help forum, and we can help you pick out a good graphics card and power supply, which will play TS3 and stay (hopefully) within your budget.

Thank you for the help, and finally the problem has been solved, in a weird way......The computer's mother board suddenly stopped working just before Christmas, so we both ended up getting refurbished windows 8 computers with graphics cards and it worked the pets are normal everything's fine.

So problem solved and thank you for the help.
Sincerely,
Katie

P.S. if someone could delete this thread for me that'd be fine, please.