Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2014 at 2:46 AM Last edited by lop90804 : 24th Dec 2014 at 9:29 PM.
Magic Life Home for Supernatualy Challenged Children
SUPERNATURAL AND SHOWTIME REQUIRED
Story:
"Ok, just send her over tomorrow. Thanks, love you bye" You say as you hang up. You then immediately realized to just told the social worker you love her. You just can't help it! You haven't been able to sleep since the new werewolf toddler came in. That call was yet another fairy whos parents used their magic and disappeared.So, you now have to add that fairy to your list of all the other orphans in your home.

Ok, so basically your a sim who runs a supernatural orphanage.

Mods: None required, but portrait panel is useful if you want more sims.

CAS:
You create one YA sim, and 7 toddlers/children each of differing occult stages of course.

House:
Doesn't really matter, it can be a small shack, a basement home, or a luxury mansion. It just has to accommodate all the sims.

Gameplay:
I also suggest you color code the sim by their type, like all fairies are blue, werewolves are green, etc. You want all these kids to age up well, as well as taking in any new kids in need of a home or better parents. You must adopt new kids as the old move out, unless you just want the first 7 you started with.You can get new sims by adopting them and then going into CAS to change them. You must roll a die to figure out what supernatural. If you adopt anything other than human (Don't know if its possible) You don't have to roll again
1-Witch
2-Werewolf
3-Fairy
4-Genie (or plantsim)
5-Vampire
5-Ghost (You choose COD)
6-Your choice (Yes, you may choose human if you really want to)
Rules:
NO CHEATS after building your house. AT ALL
Babysitters are allowed, but only if your house is in chaos, and no other services are allowed for the rest of the week. (including police and firemen adoption is OK)
Butlers are not allowed
Maids are allowed
All toddlers must learn to walk and talk and be potty trained.
Children must keep at least a B in school, or the have to do all the cleaning. (cancel the maid, make the child do it)
Boarding school is a MAJOR no no.
There must be a backyard playground for your sims.
When they become a YA, you can move them out with one toddler/child of your choice. (They decided to adopt little Johnny over there)
Pets are encouraged
If you want it as a legacy, use one of the children and keep taking kids in. If not, this challenge ends when there are no more children in the house
Have fun and post feedback!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th May 2014 at 5:46 PM
This challenge i might be able to do with my attention span of a gold fish
Instructor
#3 Old 26th May 2014 at 5:48 PM
Does the challenge ever end, or is it ongoing?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th May 2014 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Does the challenge ever end, or is it ongoing?

Oops. Ill edit it and put that up there
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th May 2014 at 8:58 PM
I think I might give this one a try and make an LP series out of it! If I do, I will post a link and pics.
Scholar
#6 Old 27th May 2014 at 10:11 PM
Can I use a mermaid instead of a genie because I unistalled Showtime?

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th May 2014 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus
Can I use a mermaid instead of a genie because I unistalled Showtime?

Sure, if you can figure out how. I originally was gonna do it, but I didn't know how it would work.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th May 2014 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lop90804
SUPERNATURAL AND SHOWTIME REQUIRED
Story:
"Ok, just send her over tomorrow. Thanks, love you bye" You say as you hang up. You then immediately realized to just told the social worker you love her. You just can't help it! You haven't been able to sleep since the new werewolf toddler came in. That call was yet another fairy whos parents used their magic and disappeared.So, you now have to add that fairy to your list of all the other orphans in your home.

Ok, so basically your a sim who runs a supernatural orphanage.

Mods: None required, but portrait panel is useful if you want more sims.

CAS:
You create one YA sim, and 7 toddlers/children each of differing occult stages of course.

House:
Doesn't really matter, it can be a small shack, a basement home, or a luxury mansion. It just has to accommodate all the sims.

Gameplay:
I also suggest you color code the sim by their type, like all fairies are blue, werewolves are green, etc. You want all these kids to age up well, as well as taking in any new kids in need of a home or better parents. You can get new sims by adopting them and then going into CAS to change them. You must roll a die to figure out what super natural.
1-Witch
2-Werewolf
3-Fairy
4-Genie
5-Vampire
5-Ghost (You choose COD)
6-Your choice (Yes, you may choose human if you really want to)
Rules:
NO CHEATS after building your house. AT ALL
Babysitters are allowed, but only if your house is in chaos, and no other services are allowed for the rest of the week. (including police and firemen)
Butlers are not allowed
Maids are allowed
All toddlers must learn to walk and talk and be potty trained.
Children must keep at least a B in school, or the have to do all the cleaning. (cancel the maid, make the child do it)
Boarding school is a MAJOR no no.
There must be a backyard playground for your sims.
When they become a YA, you can move them out with one toddler/child of your choice. (They decided to adopt little Johnny over there)
Pets are encouraged
If you want it as a legacy, use one of the children and keep taking kids in. If not, this challenge ends when there are no more children in the house
Have fun and post feedback!

What if, when you adopt a child/toddler/baby and they are already a supernatural? Do I need to change their occult type to whatever I rolled? For example, I had a genie that adopted a child and she turned out to be a vampire, would I have to change her occult type if I rolled for a witch or different occult?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th May 2014 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dedreav0531
What if, when you adopt a child/toddler/baby and they are already a supernatural? Do I need to change their occult type to whatever I rolled? For example, I had a genie that adopted a child and she turned out to be a vampire, would I have to change her occult type if I rolled for a witch or different occult?
No, tbh, I didn't know that was possible
Field Researcher
#10 Old 28th May 2014 at 4:18 PM
No, tbh, I didn't know that was possible

Me either, I was very surprised.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th May 2014 at 12:14 AM
I made those edits into the post
Scholar
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 1:34 PM
Sure, if you can figure out how. I originally was gonna do it, but I didn't know how it would work.

Through Master Controller.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus
Through Master Controller.

Oh, Ok. If you roll a six you could choose. That would also include mermaid, mummy, etc.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 3:51 AM
Anyone trying this? Any feedbacK? I really want to know what people think
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 11:48 PM
I am going to do this. Starting tomorrow and i will upload as an Lp to my youtube channel. Will post links when i get it up. Which will be either today or tomorrow. I might tweak the rules to make it harder for myself though if that's okay
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by calientedama
I am going to do this. Starting tomorrow and i will upload as an Lp to my youtube channel. Will post links when i get it up. Which will be either today or tomorrow. I might tweak the rules to make it harder for myself though if that's okay

Any changes are welcome. I might even add them to the challenge. Please do post links, i really want to see it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 2:30 PM
Clarified some things, changed how adoption works
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 4:53 PM
Has anyone tried this? Any feedback?
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 4:59 PM
Oh, Ok. If you roll a six you could choose. That would also include mermaid, mummy, etc.

How could you get a mummy?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blazeand Flame
How could you get a mummy?

It comes with WA. If a sims dies of mummy's curse. I don't know if it is possible for kids, I listed it without thinking. Sorry
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 1:37 AM
Im going to give it a try. I need something different to wrap my mind around and I want to play with the occult.
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 10:07 AM
Has anyone tried this? Any feedback?

It is a very good challenge, the first one I have ever managed to finish, though it is hard to keep them all happy
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blazeand Flame
It is a very good challenge, the first one I have ever managed to finish, though it is hard to keep them all happy

If you could add/remove one rule, what would it be?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 4:17 AM
My question, is how if your suppose to use babysitters on a limited bases do you make money? You have to pay bills and feed everyone. With three toddlers I have yet to have time to even plant a garden.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
My question, is how if your suppose to use babysitters on a limited bases do you make money? You have to pay bills and feed everyone. With three toddlers I have yet to have time to even plant a garden.

a few ways, the nraas careers mod has the homemaker career, the children, mooching, be creative
Page 1 of 2