Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 10:58 PM Last edited by brae1100 : 6th Jun 2014 at 12:32 AM.
Default The Sims 3 Frostbitten Challenge.
On the streets, alone, all you have is the food in your stomach and the clothes on your back. The coldest winter in Simlonian history is present, now the question is, can you survive it?

Hello everyone! Welcome to the Frostbitten challenge! A challenge where the only things you may own is the things that your sims find!

Alright, so here comes the backstory!

In the year 2016, temperatures have drastically changed due to increased Sim population and increasing enhancements in pollution, making every season's expected weather to significantly change. Now,IN the winter, all of Simlonia is caught in the coldest snow storm in existence. Every hour someone dies of frost bite, and already 20% of the population has decreased in numbers due to freezing alone. Now here you are, on the streets, caught in the eye of the storm, trying desperately to survive this cold winter. Problem is, this cold lasts 2 years. And the biggest question is, can mankind survive?

So, let's state the rules, shall we?

RULES:
  1. You absolutely HAVE to have Seasons to play this challenge, or else you wouldn't be able to have weather and weather related deaths.
  2. Every season must be Winter, and nothing else. It wouldn't make sense for this game to take place in winter when it's fall in your game, would it?
  3. Your sim must be homeless, nothing else. The only way you can get un homeless is if you marry someone of mid class or higher.
  4. NO CHEATING. The only cheating allowed is to reset y our family funds to 1,500 Simoleans.
  5. You may only have 1 sim when starting, maybe a pet if you wanted, but nothing else. Kay?
  6. You can have children if you..-ahem- 'WooHoo', with a person.. One night stand or not.
  7. You CAN go to other lots to warm up, but only if you are away from your owned lot and another building is nearby.
  8. You can purchase the basic stuff, but it must look as if it came from the trash! (E.G: Rusty fridge, backyard grill, camping bag, tent. Go look at Sims3Symbiotes first episode of 100 Baby Challenge: Final Hope for an example. :3)

OPTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:[*] You may use any town you want, but I suggest Snow Falls by Vinifar7 on The Sims 3 website.[*] any expansion can be installed.

Now, for some Achievements.

ACHIEVEMENTS:
  1. Mid-Born; Have a baby with a high class, or 'wealthy, sim. +150 points
  2. Back to square 1; After marrying well, waste all your money and become homeless again. -200 Points
  3. They Froze Kenny!; Die of freezing while wearing an orange hoodie! +300 points for referencing!
  4. She's Beautiful; Have a baby girl! +300 points!
  5. He's so handsome!; Have a baby boy! +300 points!
  6. THE COLD NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAYS!; survive 3 days in the cold in your swimwear! +600 points (cause that's damn impressive.)
  7. Your breath smells like garbage.; Eat food out of garbage! (Yuck!) +190 points (i could never d that..so. ya.)
  8. I'm Coming Elisabethe!; Die of frostbite. -900 Points.

All positive points add up to = 1840

All negative points add too = -1100

All points together add to = 740.

I hope you guys enjoy the challenge! And keep me posted in your sim's progress! I wanna know how it goes! !
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 12:17 AM
This sounds challenging! I had one of my Sims in The snow in her everyday for about 9 sim hours and she started teeth chattering. I managed to get her back to her shack (this was the teen runaway challenge i was doing) and she lay on the floor for 5 sim hours all blue. Luckily she survived. So i cant imagine what it would be like not having a home!

edit: are you allowed to go to community lots fo warm up and can we get a sleeping bag or are we meant to just pass out?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by calientedama
This sounds challenging! I had one of my Sims in The snow in her everyday for about 9 sim hours and she started teeth chattering. I managed to get her back to her shack (this was the teen runaway challenge i was doing) and she lay on the floor for 5 sim hours all blue. Luckily she survived. So i cant imagine what it would be like not having a home!

edit: are you allowed to go to community lots fo warm up and can we get a sleeping bag or are we meant to just pass out?

Only to get out of freezing temperatures, but that's only if you are away from your klot and nearby a shelter with warmth, and if you can find it in the trash, you can buy it. (That means yes, yes you can. :P)
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 12:35 AM
So you can buy a sleeping bag then? Or do you have to find a bed in a dumpster? Lol i am slow today.

i might do this or something based on this on my youtube channel soon. Looking for new lps to do bit no creative juices left. My youtube user name is Simply Cali if anyone wants to subscribe and watch out for an lp which aspects of this in it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by calientedama
So you can buy a sleeping bag then? Or do you have to find a bed in a dumpster? Lol i am slow today.

i might do this or something based on this on my youtube channel soon. Looking for new lps to do bit no creative juices left. My youtube user name is Simply Cali if anyone wants to subscribe and watch out for an lp which aspects of this in it

It would be MUCH more realistic if you found it in the garbage, but, that;s unlikely, so, you can purchase one right away,.

EDIT: I JUST read the part about you having a youtube account. That'd be so awesome! If you DO happen to use my challenge in a LP, Thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 8:40 AM
i have been playing this challenge for about an hour (real time), I have found that giving my sim the klepto trait is helping a ton, my sim stole a tv and a bed and is currently relaxing in the house I build with the money from a car she stole
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jessiscool
i have been playing this challenge for about an hour (real time), I have found that giving my sim the klepto trait is helping a ton, my sim stole a tv and a bed and is currently relaxing in the house I build with the money from a car she stole

Nice! *I didn't even think about that. :O*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:09 AM
IM thinking of makin another seasonal challenge, say, summer? I dunno, but, this WILL be continued!
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 3:27 AM
Achievement Get
THE COLD NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAY
The one time insane sims are useful
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JustMeHere
Achievement Get
THE COLD NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAY
The one time insane sims are useful

Congratulations! I tried getting that, but my poor sim died before then ( May you rest in piece Mrs Poop NUgget)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 7:28 PM
Hello anyone still reasding this thread! I hope you all know that this week there will be a new challenge and I hope you gjys can view it!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 1:39 AM
hmm... when I'm done the quads challenge, this has a good chance at being the next one I do!