Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 3:23 AM
Default Fairy Colony
So this is kind of a loose challenge. I decided to make a story and thought it would be easier to put all the rules here and link it than to explain it in story.

The first thing you should do is make your sim. They can look as whimsical or as normal as you desire. They have to be a fairy though(duh) they should also have at least one bad trait and two good traits.

Good traits include
•Adventurous
•Artistic
•Brave
•Charismatic
•Disciplined
•Family-Oriented
•Friendly
•Gatherer
•Green Thumb
•Virtuoso

Bad traits include
•Absent minded
•Childish
•Coward
•Dislikes children
•Evil
•Innapropriate
•Insane
•Loser
•Rebellious
•Shy
•Supernatural Skeptic
•Unstable

Next step is making your house. You can turn on cheats for this. Make your house as big and as furnished as you want it to be because if you want to add things on later you can't use cheats for more money.

Basics
The sim you have created is the leader of this new colony. This sim CANNOT get a job, but they can grow, paint, sculpt, etc. to earn money. They don't have time for a job, their first and foremost priority is the colony. Your fairy now must recruit other fairies and have children. You must become best friends with a fairy to invite them into your household, then you can make them get a job. Your fairy can have children with humans, werewolves, vampires, etc. but if the child is not a fairy, the least popular fairy in the colony must move out with the child and you must go and replace them immediately. Your sim is also not allowed to get married until they are an elder, because they can no longer take care of the colony. When your sim is an elder they must also choose an heir. This heir must have more good traits than bad traits, must have best friend relationship with current leader, and must be full blooded fairy. The new leader can be anywhere from Teen- to Adult, you would want the younger leader, to have the longest reign.

Other Fairies
and
Social Standing

You may control the other fairies if you wish, or you don't have to. You can also split up jobs or have everyone do a little of everything. I find it most effective if the fairies with Natural Cook trait are chefs, those with the nurturing and family oriented trait are caretakers of children, and green thumbs are gardeners. No one is allowed to to hire a maid, or clean up messes, getting help from a human or touching garbage is beneath them. Instead half-blooded fairies a must clean up after the others, this is the only job they can have inside the colony. If you have pets installed, those with animal lover or equestrian traits can also get horses/unicorns and become jockeys.

Goal
The goal is to have a self sustaining fairy colony and last for 3+ generations. If you feel like continuing the challenge, then the current leader can move to a different neighborhood with the old leader, the old leader's partner, two full blooded fairy women with the highest relationship, and two full blooded fairy men with the highest relationship, to start over. You can do this after one generation or after many generations of development.

As a final note, you should get the portrait panel mod and master controller, it might be hard to do this challenge without it.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 9:17 PM
This sounds like fun! I think I'm going to give it a try!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 10:11 PM
You happened to catch me in between challenges. I'm trying this
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 3:57 PM
When I tried this I got two fairies to move in and then when I decided to control the leader of a little while the other two were just starving themselves and they both drowned themselves in the pool.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 4:44 AM
Wow, I wasn't sure anyone would do my challenge thanks guys! When I was doing it my first baby was a human and I had to get rid of a fairy I just got. There was also a lot of fighting.