Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 9:02 AM
Rabbit hole fix? Fired for not going to non-existant job building?
So needless to say I updated to 1.67, and I've got all the major expansion packs except into the future, no stuff packs. I've deleted my stuff, reinstalled the packs like 3 times, and made sure there was NO custom content while trying to do this... Ughhh..

The buildings that are normally used for the criminal career aren't working. I've tried "fixing" them by deleting the mask building, and replacing it, but the rabbit hole doesn't actually show up. It's just a lot with a fake building after that.

And I thought maybe it'd fix it if I could get something like a rug they could disappear on, on the lot, but none of them are updated/if they are, I can't actually place the rug anywhere. It just appears like I'm still holding the rug-item even after I click to place it.

Anyone got any ideas? My game is freshly installed and I finally just got the town (midnight hollow) how I wanted it, but my sims can't go to work. They just stand there, and get told "you're missing work!!" and then after so long they get fired from their job... but there's nowhere for them to go to work!

So far this is the only rabbit hole that doesn't work, I haven't seen if others are being weird.... I'm gonna check the other neighborhoods for their already placed criminal lots, but I doubt I'll have much on that. Any ideas, anyone? This was tried without custom content, and with, which is mainly hair files and a few store content items. I just want my sims to go to work at this job, it's really frustrating.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 9:07 AM
Have you tried changing the lot of the rabbit hole to a different one (it should still be a community lot, just a different kind) and then changing it back?

You can put MasterController by Twallan in and reset the lot or reset everything. That might help as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by empressofskies
Have you tried changing the lot of the rabbit hole to a different one (it should still be a community lot, just a different kind) and then changing it back?

You can put MasterController by Twallan in and reset the lot or reset everything. That might help as well.

How do I reset a lot like that then? I mean I already have the master controller, I just keep taking it out in case it's causing any trouble. I'll try it. And I wouldn't know how to change it to a different type.. I want it to be the career it's supposed to be, but it's just a normal lot. I don't know how to make it a career lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 5:01 PM
OK, I found the menu thing to reset the lot, but it's still just a regular community lot...
dodgy builder
#5 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 9:02 PM
The criminal hideout can probably just be a visitor allowed, it doesn't really matter. The building will just make it what it needs.

Have you tried removing cache, or just follow the typical game issues troubleshooting guide under help in the menu above?
Instructor
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaitinValen
So needless to say I updated to 1.67, and I've got all the major expansion packs except into the future, no stuff packs. I've deleted my stuff, reinstalled the packs like 3 times, and made sure there was NO custom content while trying to do this... Ughhh..

The buildings that are normally used for the criminal career aren't working. I've tried "fixing" them by deleting the mask building, and replacing it, but the rabbit hole doesn't actually show up. It's just a lot with a fake building after that.

And I thought maybe it'd fix it if I could get something like a rug they could disappear on, on the lot, but none of them are updated/if they are, I can't actually place the rug anywhere. It just appears like I'm still holding the rug-item even after I click to place it.

Anyone got any ideas? My game is freshly installed and I finally just got the town (midnight hollow) how I wanted it, but my sims can't go to work. They just stand there, and get told "you're missing work!!" and then after so long they get fired from their job... but there's nowhere for them to go to work!

So far this is the only rabbit hole that doesn't work, I haven't seen if others are being weird.... I'm gonna check the other neighborhoods for their already placed criminal lots, but I doubt I'll have much on that. Any ideas, anyone? This was tried without custom content, and with, which is mainly hair files and a few store content items. I just want my sims to go to work at this job, it's really frustrating.

I actually had a similar problem with the business office a long time ago. At some point in the game my any business career office broke. Couldn't click it in Build/Buy, couldn't have my Sims enter it. It's like all interactions with it just broke.
At some point it was fixed, so I have no idea what happened... It's weird though. Maybe you're in the same situation since it's just one lot. Maybe try reverting to an older patch version? Or the latest one if you haven't done that already. I'm currently running 1.63 and everything is fine aside from my crap performance (Too little RAM)