Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 9:36 AM Last edited by gaxili : 4th May 2016 at 8:41 AM.
Feedback for a Lord Of The Rings World (Misty Mountains added!)
PLEASE DO NOT REUPLOAD / ALTER OR CLAIM AS YOUR OWN
I started this project back in January, and since then a lot of progress has been made. I decided to team up with Crowkeeper and now we are trying to recreate Middle Earth for Sims 3 as a playable world that will work on regular laptops but keeping it as authentic as possible
A special thanks to the build creators for this world: Nylaba, PJ, Crowkeeper
EP's required: World Adventures, Pets, Super Natural

These are the areas, that are built so far. We are also working on: The Misty Mountains, Mirkwood, Minas Tirith / Gondor and more. We would love to hear your feedback

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 10:00 AM
This morning, I was looking for a new world to download, I found you on Tumblr. And now, I'm finding you here! You are very welcome on this section of MTS. I really enjoy this world but unfortunately, I'm not a Lord of The Rings fan. I hope I'll be able to help you thought. From what I see, it is quaint and I love the feelings you're giving to your world. Well done! <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Titi022002
This morning, I was looking for a new world to download, I found you on Tumblr. And now, I'm finding you here! You are very welcome on this section of MTS. I really enjoy this world but unfortunately, I'm not a Lord of The Rings fan. I hope I'll be able to help you thought. From what I see, it is quaint and I love the feelings you're giving to your world. Well done! <3

Hi Titi022002! Thank you so much for the lovely comment! What's your Tumblr name? Well the world could also be used for Medieval gameplays or fantasy themed ones, but I am glad you like it!

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gaxili
Hi Titi022002! Thank you so much for the lovely comment! What's your Tumblr name? Well the world could also be used for Medieval gameplays or fantasy themed ones, but I am glad you like it!

You're welcome, my Tumblr's name is Titi022002. I will use this world for sure, this is going to be a good experience to play! Will there be custom content?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 10:37 AM
You're welcome, my Tumblr's name is Titi022002. I will use this world for sure, this is going to be a good experience to play! Will there be custom content?

Oh I am glad you think so I haven't made a world before, so I have decided to spend as much time as needed to finish this one. There will be a very small amount of custom CC that is two wall paints, a couple of statues and a roof paint. I think that is it :-P
The rest is EPs and few store content objects! :D

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gaxili
Oh I am glad you think so I haven't made a world before, so I have decided to spend as much time as needed to finish this one. There will be a very small amount of custom CC that is two wall paints, a couple of statues and a roof paint. I think that is it :-P
The rest is EPs and few store content objects! :D

Alright! Thanks for those precious informations. I've suscribed to your tumblr page.
I'm looking for more of your world, it has a lot of potential.
Instructor
#7 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 12:09 PM
This is a very beautiful world! I have to admit that I have actually never seen Lord of the rings - but I agree with Titi 022002 that the your world has amazing atmosphere!
The architecture is great - cant see anything that I would change.
I also really like your choice of plants/trees.

The terrain painting is probably still a work in progress so feel free to ignore this message but I just wanted to say that it would be nice to make some "shading". For example in the town of bree I would use dirt under the fence and then some dark grass and then lighter one and lighter one and blend it into the surrounding terrain...In general it would be pretty if you used Some darker paint under all Houses/fences and of course dirt under all trees.

I am looking forward to your updates
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 2:56 PM
It is so cool, I love it!

I would reccomend putting a lot of LLAMA's down. You're jots pushing roads, right? With this, sims can travel fast without roads. You don't have to put them in all houses, but perhaps somewhere on many community lots. Not necessarily all, but since the graveyard and base camp are close to the library for example, you can just put it in one of those buildings.
Instructor
#9 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 3:18 PM
This looks great, i would love to see the progress if this

I need a cigarette
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 3:25 PM
Alright! Thanks for those precious informations. I've suscribed to your tumblr page.
I'm looking for more of your world, it has a lot of potential.

Thank you, that means a lot. I will try to keep the custom content very limited so more can play.
I always build due to my own interest, but knowing that someone else like your work makes it even more fun to build I subscribed back, and will be looking forward to more of your posts!

Quote: Originally posted by Crowkeeper
This is a very beautiful world! I have to admit that I have actually never seen Lord of the rings - but I agree with Titi 022002 that the your world has amazing atmosphere!
The architecture is great - cant see anything that I would change.
I also really like your choice of plants/trees.

The terrain painting is probably still a work in progress so feel free to ignore this message but I just wanted to say that it would be nice to make some "shading". For example in the town of bree I would use dirt under the fence and then some dark grass and then lighter one and lighter one and blend it into the surrounding terrain...In general it would be pretty if you used Some darker paint under all Houses/fences and of course dirt under all trees.

I am looking forward to your updates

Hi Crowkeeper, thank you so much for the nice message! I found it quite helpful, as I have never build a world before. I tried out the blending thing in my Dwarf City with the mountains surrounding the city. It looks much nicer once it is shaded. I will add it to my to do, so when the world is built I will start making objects and the terrain blend together. Oh, and have I told you how much I appreciate your work?

Quote: Originally posted by simsgal2227
It is so cool, I love it!

I would reccomend putting a lot of LLAMA's down. You're jots pushing roads, right? With this, sims can travel fast without roads. You don't have to put them in all houses, but perhaps somewhere on many community lots. Not necessarily all, but since the graveyard and base camp are close to the library for example, you can just put it in one of those buildings.

Thank you for this useful information and the sweet comment! The world with be with no roads, so it might take a whole bunch to travel from The Shire to Ithilien for an example I will add one to each community lot in each city, so the fantasy folk will be able to travel! I thought about adding some sort of horse stables to the houses, but I might do a combination instead Thank you for the advice, it will definitely make it easier!

Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 4:35 PM
Ooooo... another drool-worthy world!!

*sigh* I really miss my gaming computer. Right now I'm stuck with BG+Amb+LN+ST, so I might have to skip playing this world...

I still look forward to this world being released, though! Once I've saved enough to build myself a gaming computer, I'll certainly be having a world-installation splurge

Anyways, good to see you here, gaxili Sims 3 always can use "New blood" in the creation department, so to speak

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 6:09 PM
@simmer4eveer
Thank you so much! I will make sure to post updates in here frequently, because frankly now that I've started on the world I can't stop again

@pepoluan
Thank you for the warm welcome! That means a lot I don't have that many expansion packs either, but I know exactly what you mean when downloading a new world. Sometimes it just doesn't look like the pictures, and that's too bad
I would be honored if, once you get your gaming computer, wanted to try it out! :D

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 7:21 PM
This is a lovely update! I definitely appreciate looking at your world. It's awesome! Sceneries would be perfect on this world.
Instructor
#14 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 10:42 PM
this is amazing

I need a cigarette
#15 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 10:59 PM
Love the update, even if it is a Dwarven update
Theorist
#16 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 11:40 PM
Impressive stuff. I've got a medieval savegame and these shots are making me want to fire it up again. Any chance of an overview shot? :D

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 12:45 AM
Nice update! I'd be curious what's going inside some of the buildings.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 7:26 PM
This is a lovely update! I definitely appreciate looking at your world. It's awesome! Sceneries would be perfect on this world.

Thank you so much, Titi! It means a lot
Quote: Originally posted by simmer4eveer
this is amazing

Thank you, simmer4eveer! I'm really glad you like it :D
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Love the update, even if it is a Dwarven update

Hehe! I could imagine Thranduil wouldn't mind if the Dwarven realm got skipped Hehe! I love Dwarfs, I already have this one I might add to my game!
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Impressive stuff. I've got a medieval savegame and these shots are making me want to fire it up again. Any chance of an overview shot? :D

I would love to see your medieval game! Do you share screenshots anyway for one to look at? I am trying to get an overview shot, unfortunately when the world is 2048x2048 I can't get EIG to zoom out completely.. Any advice on this? I would love to do an overview, I think it's a must for a world in creation..
Quote: Originally posted by simsgal2227
Nice update! I'd be curious what's going inside some of the buildings.

Thank you! Currently all buildings are unfurnished (Except from walls and floors) because I thought it might ease any chance of lag when playing. Would you prefer decorated? I will try and decorate one, and add the screenshot here

Scholar
#19 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 1:15 AM
From what little I know of LOTR, #2 is more accurate. From an aesthetic point of view though, I love seeing all those little round houses nestled in between the hills. I'm not terribly fond of #2 in its current state, aesthetically. And achieving the best of both options in one design would probably result in a fairly complicated/labour-intensive build.

So helpful, I know...

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 5:56 PM
This is lovely! I like the 2nd picture, but maybe be you could make it "better". Let me explain, I think the house could look more "natural" and "shading" better with the cliff. The 1st one is simple, though it's very cool.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 6:54 PM
This is lovely! I like the 2nd picture, but maybe be you could make it "better". Let me explain, I think the house could look more "natural" and "shading" better with the cliff. The 1st one is simple, though it's very cool.

Agreed! Thank you again for the great feedback :-) It was made in 4 minutes, so it's lacking some proper work! I found a round door, and I think I'm starting to cope with these kind of houses

But I might do @Crowkeeper's tutorial on and cover the houses in the hills

Inventor
#22 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 6:58 PM
I love you for this!!!

As for the Hobbit houses option 1 definitely looks more esthetically good, but seeing they lived under the ground it would be better with something closer to option two. Crowkeeper really had a neat idea! Also if something like this is possible, it would look ok I think: https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...ckborough_1.jpg
Theorist
#23 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 3:07 PM
I'm not really feeling the bendy stone walls. You can get away with it on wooden fences but not stone lol

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I'm not really feeling the bendy stone walls. You can get away with it on wooden fences but not stone lol

I see what you mean :-) Though I got my inspiration from http://smeagel.webs.com/photos/Midd...e/Rohan_dg8.jpg which is from LOTR. Might change it to wood if it looks better :-)

Field Researcher
#25 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 5:37 PM
I think the best option if you want to mimic that building is to use a foundation around it. That way you'd have a straight line on the top and a curvy one at the bottom adapting to the terrain's shape

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Page 1 of 12