Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CC modders list that are Active in 2017?
I lack the skills to mod/create CC outside of Sims2. I know there are lists that various folks have posted that have hyperlinks to modders websites but if those modders still have websites in 2017 frequently they aren't active or have moved on to other stuff/no longer create content for Sims2 as it's a good ol game as this point.

Posting requests here is a no-no, but does anyone have a current, updated list of modders that may take requests in 2017? Maybe a thread exists out there? My googling/searching just showed old threads/old sites that are either down, or inactive now in 2017.

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:43 PM
a sticky in the Where Can I Find section shows modders/creators that would take requests.
I take each of them is required to post in that thread if they no longer take requests.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:43 PM
There is a place here,
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=533540
Located in a sticky thread in the Where Can I Find sims 2 forums.
Ninja'd by mdsb759!
I am not in that list, I still hesitate, but I still create. I have many ongoing projects as we speak. No modder, but clothing, furniture, objects, I still make these.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:58 PM
Thx Rosebine! That thread is quite extensive but most posts are pre-2017 so I'm not sure they're still around lurking or onto Sims3/busy elsewhere. I'll try PMing a couple & post my request on over there.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:05 PM
When you say modders, what are you interested in? Do you mean CC generally, like skins and objects, or do you mean mods and hacks which change the way the game works (the meaning of the word we generally understand here)?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 11:05 PM
CC mostly - sorry. Modding seems like it's much more involved/time-consuming and for the piddly things I'd like to see it's really not worth addressing (like swimming dogs/fishing cats).

Alchemist
#7 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 11:37 PM
I'm not sure there is a current list of modders that take requests, but if I were you, I'd go here:
http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...php?board=172.0

It's an update forum that links to sites with new TS2 CC. You can follow those links and find out if the creators take requests.

There's also a TS2 request forum here too.
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...ne47&board=16.0
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 12:15 AM
swillfly, modders in sims 2 means people who make hacks, not people who make cloths, hair ect. People who make body shop cc or other items are simply known as CC makers not modders. Unlike newer games sims 2 has kept the older terminology.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~