Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 9:32 AM
Default The Sims 2 Castaway (console): Anyone else played this game a lot?
I miss it so much, I played it during all of my teenage years.

I remember it having a ridiculously beautiful atmosphere (especially the second island) and a lot of clothing items I could never manage to create them all.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:08 AM
PSP version? It was the same game if I'm correct. Ahh Airplane island. Good times. That cave was always a midway house because I didn't have to worry about storms smashing my bamboo huts and i could squash more stuff in.
The maps were beautiful, chickens, chimps, rain storms, boar attacks and cut scenes. Proper fishing, food recipes and farming for coconuts, starfruits. Forcing sims to do manual labour when the tropical storms tore through all but the cabin and bungalow walls and roofs.
Did you ever complete the game and discover all the locations?
All 6 sims sitting around the same campfire.

That was a Sims Spin off done really well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
PSP version? It was the same game if I'm correct. Ahh Airplane island. Good times. That cave was always a midway house because I didn't have to worry about storms smashing my bamboo huts and i could squash more stuff in.
The maps were beautiful, chickens, chimps, rain storms, boar attacks and cut scenes. Proper fishing, food recipes and farming for coconuts, starfruits. Forcing sims to do manual labour when the tropical storms tore through all but the cabin and bungalow walls and roofs.
Did you ever complete the game and discover all the locations?
All 6 sims sitting around the same campfire.

That was a Sims Spin off done really well.

Oh yes I did discover all of the locations, my favorites were definitely the second island plains, the second island hidden lagoon, the second island east beach and the volcano island waterfall lagoon
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 3:44 PM
I played and completed on PSP. It was a pretty good spin-off game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I played and completed on PSP. It was a pretty good spin-off game.

The LAST good game of the series tbh
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 7:17 PM
I only played the PC version from when it came out and I still play today.
I have all 3 stories games and play at least 1 of them every other day or so.

EA missed the boat on these for many players would have loved to buy more and different hoods for these game with the story and all.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I only played the PC version from when it came out and I still play today.
I have all 3 stories games and play at least 1 of them every other day or so.

EA missed the boat on these for many players would have loved to buy more and different hoods for these game with the story and all.

Ah I have played both and honestly the Console version is just so much better
Scholar
#8 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 8:53 PM
I still replay that one from time to time and I must say I like it much better than the PC Castaway. I adore the game's openness and how new blueprints are unlocked by simply exploring and trying things out. Sure you've got the diarys with the goals, but for the most part these contain actions you'll take sooner or later anyway. Sandbox gameplay at it's best! And of course the little detail of growing facial hair. I'd love to have that in a sims game of the main line (but then again, I'd also love to have their floors needing to be vacuumed/swept now and then).

On a sidenote, is anyone else making their poor starting sim pass through the initial thorn hedge naked to preserve their clothes a while longer?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 11:00 PM
I had it on PS2 and I loved it. I can't remember much about it now, but I enjoyed how clothes and hair styles started to become more rugged over time... And the monkeys. Can't forget the monkeys!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
On a sidenote, is anyone else making their poor starting sim pass through the initial thorn hedge naked to preserve their clothes a while longer?

I ALWAYS used to do that, and then make the monkeys of the 1st island hunt me the materials to make a Sewing Kit so I could fabulous all the time
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 6:04 PM
I only have the DS Version, which was definitely different from the PC/PS version. Still were obsessed with it, just because I love islands, tropics etc...
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 9:26 AM
I loved the PS2 Version.

I completed the game 100% more than a few times, Wonderful game.

I grabbed the music and put it in my Sims 2 game.

I even Created a Walk Through for Neoseeker.com.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.