Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Romantic Reputation Recombobulator - V2.1.1 (updated 3 March 13)

by severedsolo Posted 18th Jun 2011 at 3:48 PM - Updated 10th Mar 2013 at 5:38 PM by severedsolo : Version 2.1 released

148 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#51 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:33 PM
With the KillAll, the only messed up system with Generations is the Grounding, I would like a KillAll for that.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#52 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 9:32 PM Last edited by severedsolo : 29th Jun 2011 at 10:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eduardog3000
With the KillAll, the only messed up system with Generations is the Grounding, I would like a KillAll for that.

Sorry, I don't take requests. I like the punishment system anyway, so don't really have an incentive to change it, (although it's easily done) If it becomes a problem, I just get the parent Sim to "Let Off the Hook" and the grounding is forgotten about.

The only "broken" bit of that system is that it is impossible to sneak out. The broadcaster transmit's through walls so the parent's always catch them but I already fixed that. Might publish at some point, but as it's only a single change I wouldn't hold your breath.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Instructor
#53 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 10:29 PM
Still enjoying this mod. You are the man! Works great! =-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 12:02 AM
AWESOME work. I've been using v2 with Twallan's mods and the Twinbrook workbench fix, and it all seems to get along just fine. Thank you for doing this mod!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#55 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hedonist
AWESOME work. I've been using v2 with Twallan's mods and the Twinbrook workbench fix, and it all seems to get along just fine. Thank you for doing this mod!

It should do... as I said, the possibility for conflict is pretty much 0. The only thing it conflicts with is EGC, and that's only because AD85 has put his own code in for killing the system.

Is anybody finding v2 a little... too loose and free? I mean do your Sim's get away with too much? I'm considering loosening the reins a little, don't worry, not to EA's stupid defaults, but just to make it a little more challenging.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Test Subject
#56 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 10:58 AM
Hey, I tried v2 first, then invited a girl to my house FIRST TIME. They had "a good time". I asked her to leave, she left. After about an hour I got the message starting with "Word has been floating around in town ...." and "_____ got caught red-handed cheating with _____." or something like that. I have every EP, and my game's version is 8.0.152. I tried KillAll too. Nothing changed. Any ideas?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#57 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Godjonsheny
Hey, I tried v2 first, then invited a girl to my house FIRST TIME. They had "a good time". I asked her to leave, she left. After about an hour I got the message starting with "Word has been floating around in town ...." and "_____ got caught red-handed cheating with _____." or something like that. I have every EP, and my game's version is 8.0.152. I tried KillAll too. Nothing changed. Any ideas?

Are you using Nraas Story Progression? The default EA Romantic Rep doesn't work like that. It manifests as an uncancellable action called "accuse of cheating" and then the relationship tanks.

Test Subject
#58 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 3:01 PM
Ok, so with this mode, you don't get accused of cheating. I didn't get accused too but do those messages still exist after the mode? Is it normal I keep getting them? I don't use Nraas Story Progression..
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#59 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 3:15 PM
Is your Sim a celebrity by any chance? The message you described sounds awfully like the Celebrity "rumour" system. This mod won't touch that.

If your Sim isn't being accused, or isn't being accused for silly things, then yes the mod is working as intended. I have not seen those messages in relation to the Romantic Rep system, even though a partner of my Sim was betrayed, not by my Sim, by someone else. The celebrity system is the only thing I can think of that triggers those messages, and I don't play celebrities. Specifically the "word around town" bit makes me think it's celebrity related.

Test Subject
#60 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 3:57 PM
Yeah, my sim is a celebrity.. I understand now. Thank you for making me understand :P
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#61 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 6:09 PM
V2.1 has now been released. V2 no longer supported. V2.1 fixes a problem where Married Sim's who were having an affair get accused ridiculously quickly by the non spouse partner, while the spouse remains oblivious. Also have tightened it up a little, so that partners are no longer quite so oblivious. (although you still have a damn good chance of getting away with it).

As ever, feedback, good and bad is appreciated.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 3:02 AM
Thank you for this! It annoyed me so much that my sims were accused of cheating when they never promised to be exclusive.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 11:56 PM
Ahhh haha
Quote: Originally posted by seyugiri
This is kind of long story but totally relevant, so bear with me. One of my sims lost his wife the other night to "suspicious circumstances." Really, I just wanted rid of her. She was producing unfortunate looking kids. So, I moved a prettier sim in for him to marry and have kids with. They had one son who is totally adorable. I was getting ready to have mom and dad chat a bit, when I noticed the "confess to cheating" option. I was curious, because I didn't remember him cheating. His wife died and he moved on. How exactly is that cheating? So I clicked on it. After her "betrayed" moodlet ran out and I was raring and ready to go for them to have some more kids, she decided that she didn't want to fix their relationship and divorced him. WTF, EA? Really? You are ruining my game. I'm scared about what's going to happen to his teen daughter when it's time for her to get hitched, since she's a total tramp. This really sucks, so I am excited to give this a try. I hope it fixes everything EA screwed up.

Thanks. =]

Yup, yup. Same exact thing happened to my sim. She started off with a girl...I then caught glimpse of Vladimir Schlick :lovestruc (from LN) so I killed the girl (she was mortified but you gotta do what you gotta do! ), got a new home, and had Vladimir move in. "Confess to cheating" came up while starting a new relationship with him. I was like huh? ok...So I had her confess to cheating and....he was pissed to say the least LOL They are alright now...happily married with 3 kids...but "confess to cheating" has NEVER gone away. I never dare click it again. I hope this mod will fix this =/

Also, I am now working on the life of another sim...she is a downright hoe with the "be the gf of 10 sims" wish. Let me tell you it is a nightmare having a sim with this lifetime wish, dealing with EA's system...No mater how sneaky you try to be. I had her ditch a 3rd bf in her backyard, located FAR away from neighboring sims. People started pouring into her yard to harras her anyway! Generations indeed made it worse -_- Many thanks to the creator of this mod. I'll be trying the KillAll one
Test Subject
#64 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 10:02 AM
This mod looks very tempting. I have a couple questions before I install, though...

1. You talk about "repairing the relationship" by at least 25 points (EA's default) to prevent auto-breakup. What are some of the actions a Sim can do to repair it? What if the other Sim doesn't want to talk or is bored or irritated when you try, and you are still losing points from your attempts? What if the option to "apologize" has already gone away? What recourse do I have, or what works before the betrayal moodlet times out? (I also thought romantic interactions, like giving flowers would be rebuked.)

2. If EA revamps the romantic reputation system in an upcoming patch, and I want to remove this mod, is it as simple as just deleting this mod in order to restore game defaults? I have used CC skins/eyes before but removed it all. Will this mod work the same way as removing CC and restore EA default actions upon removal? Or is there a file I'd need to backup and swap out myself? Thank you!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#65 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 2:51 PM
1. If I remember rightly, the option to apologise will always appear whenever a Sim becomes bored/irritated. Any sort of social interaction will do, doesn't have to be romantic, but you must repair the relationship by 25 points, or the relationship will end. Or 10 points with this mod, which is much easier. I believe just a simple apology and a couple of trait dependant socials will do it.

2. Yep just remove as normal. You shouldn't even need to clear your caches. This mod simply overrides EA's system, so when it is removed it will just default back to the EA version.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
1. If I remember rightly, the option to apologise will always appear whenever a Sim becomes bored/irritated. Any sort of social interaction will do, doesn't have to be romantic, but you must repair the relationship by 25 points, or the relationship will end. Or 10 points with this mod, which is much easier. I believe just a simple apology and a couple of trait dependant socials will do it.

2. Yep just remove as normal. You shouldn't even need to clear your caches. This mod simply overrides EA's system, so when it is removed it will just default back to the EA version.

Yay! Thank you so much, severedsolo, this is so good to know. Thank you for providing this wonderful mod! I'll be using V2.1 :D
Test Subject
#67 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:29 PM Last edited by CrimsonGamer : 8th Jul 2011 at 4:41 PM.
Hello, thanks for the great work. I just bought the sims 3 a few days ago and just began modding my game. I have the folder setup and I have no-mosaic working. I also installed the killAll mod but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm still getting negative rep, other than putting the .package file into my package folder, is there anything else I need to do? My package folder currently only has the no-mosaic package and the killAll. Thanks again.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have all expansions and I am updated to version 1.22
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#68 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:37 PM
That should make it work... can you elaborate a little on what you mean by negative rep? What exactly is your Sim's relationship status, what is their rep, and what exactly happens when the rep is changed.

Are you sure that you aren't being bitten by the Celebrity system instead?

Test Subject
#69 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:43 PM
That should make it work... can you elaborate a little on what you mean by negative rep? What exactly is your Sim's relationship status, what is their rep, and what exactly happens when the rep is changed.

Are you sure that you aren't being bitten by the Celebrity system instead?

Wow, thanks for the very quick reply. I was boyfriend/girlfriend with another sim in the household. And was flirting with another sim on the lot. Then my current girlfriend started getting upset and our relationship went downhill. Or am I missing the point of this mod?

Maybe it is the celebrity system affecting me? Some how my sim became a celebrity just by talking to one? Even one of the other sims on the lot who was just my room mate started to dislike me because of my actions.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#70 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:49 PM
Oh yeah.... this mod won't fix that. TS3's Jealousy system is weird, even if they are on the same lot and can't even see the cheating then they will get accused.

What this Mod does is fix the Reputation system. That is, a Sim won't randomly accuse of cheating for no reason because a friend of a friend told them about the cheating. If they are still on lot then your going to get accused. KillAll in particular just kills it completely (as the name suggests)

Reputation and Jealousy are 2 different things on the code level, although I can see how you'd get them confused, as they manifest very similarly in game.

You want a Core or Script Mod for that, AwesomeMod, possibly EGC, although that might be a little difficult for you to configure if you're just starting out. Or Nraas Woohooer.

Those mods have lots of other functions you may or may not want though. Another option is to purchase the "No Jealousy" LTR. Again, unrelated to the Romantic Reputation system.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:51 PM
Great help! Very quick responses and guided me in right direction. You're simply awesome.
Test Subject
#72 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 3:14 AM
Hi severedsolo! Just installed your mod today but haven't fired up my game yet. I have one more question:

Does this mod fix the "till death do us part" glitch that has occurred as in when a spouse dies, the game now thinks they are still married/engaged and the surviving spouse gets a cheater reputation if they develop a new romance or try to remarry?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#73 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 4:25 AM
I honestly have no idea I wasn't even aware that was a glitch. So this is a guess... although an educated one.

Marriage and living together seems to be treated as an automatic Level 3 romance. This may cause you problems, although v2.1 downgrades the chance of being accused to 20% full stop. If the game actually treats them as married then the chance of being accused will probably be there.

If however the game just considers them to be romantic interests (This is the scenario I'm hoping for...) then it shouldn't be an issue. The mod is specifically designed to make the system ignore romantic interests that aren't being actively pursued.

I THINK that living together is what causes the automatic Level 3 thing, as ghosts live in the "NPC Household" then hopefully the relationship will decay to Level 1, like an old romantic interest. The marriage being Level 3 actually came to light when my Sim was cheating while on vacation, as she lived with her partner, and was "Woohoo-ly Active" with him, that may have been what was causing it.

Within theory, a relationship's visibility should begin to decay after an hour of no contact. After 24-48 hours the visibility should be 0. Assuming that your Sims don't get jiggy with the ghost, then it SHOULD be fine. (Although you may have the ghost accusing you or something... but that isn't really an issue as you're not pursuing that anyway)

As I said though, the above is all guesswork. I haven't come across this issue yet. If you get a "Naughty" reputation then don't worry about that, as that's actually a good one.

Test Subject
#74 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 6:57 AM
....Within theory, a relationship's visibility should begin to decay after an hour of no contact. After 24-48 hours the visibility should be 0. Assuming that your Sims don't get jiggy with the ghost, then it SHOULD be fine. (Although you may have the ghost accusing you or something... but that isn't really an issue as you're not pursuing that anyway)

As I said though, the above is all guesswork. I haven't come across this issue yet. If you get a "Naughty" reputation then don't worry about that, as that's actually a good one.

Super. That makes sense. I'm real excited to try this mod!

And yeah, many players on the Sims 3 website have been complaining about this dead spouse glitch. The game still views the dead partner as an "active" romance, so the surviving spouse then damages their own reputation by seeking a new mate. Dumb. I wonder if it helps to move the dead spouse's headstone to the Mausoleum and throwing away the key?!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#75 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pamhamlet
Super. That makes sense. I'm real excited to try this mod!

And yeah, many players on the Sims 3 website have been complaining about this dead spouse glitch. The game still views the dead partner as an "active" romance, so the surviving spouse then damages their own reputation by seeking a new mate. Dumb. I wonder if it helps to move the dead spouse's headstone to the Mausoleum and throwing away the key?!!

I doubt it, as the dead are still registered by the game when they are in the Mausoleum.

What MIGHT help though, is Twallan's Overwatch. I use it to "Cleanse the Dead" to keep my saves small. Of course that also means it wipes out family trees

Page 3 of 6