Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 3:02 PM
Default what do i need to know?
I havent played ts4 often in awhile, and I'm way behind, the last time the game was updated was early last year, and I currently only have base game, outdoor retreat, romantic garden stuff, and get together. I do want to get updated and get more EPs and such. What may I need to know? I know that I'll have to be online, definitely back up the sims 4 folder. Ill need a lot of patience to update/add EPs and it'll probably take at least a full day to do. Anything else I should be aware of, or just know in general?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 5:17 PM
what do you need to know in terms of what? for installing you already said everything... except i highly doubt it'll take all day. It only took me like an hour or two to install base game and any expansions.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 5:45 PM
What are you asking? Which EPs and GPs etc. to prioritize?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 5:54 PM
Be aware of possible bugs?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 5:55 PM
Be aware of simulation lag? Not sure what you're asking with that board and open-to-interpet question.
Scholar
#6 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 6:18 PM
A full day to install packs? Woot? The one good thing about Origin is that you can just point and click and then after a couple of minutes it's all there. Unless your internet is on par with 3rd world countries.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Theorist
#7 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
A full day to install packs? Woot? The one good thing about Origin is that you can just point and click and then after a couple of minutes it's all there. Unless your internet is on par with 3rd world countries.

He could be in Australia in which case it will almost definitely take the entire day :\
1mb/s download speed
Scholar
#8 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 6:49 PM
First get rid of all your global mods, download Sims4Studio and let it batch fix all your general mods, you will want all your tables compatible with Parenthood, bathtubs compatible with Toddlers, TVs compatible with the console, etc etc, then buy the packs you want, let them download and install then your well up to date in no time.
Theorist
#9 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
First get rid of all your global mods, download Sims4Studio and let it batch fix all your general mods, you will want all your tables compatible with Parenthood, bathtubs compatible with Toddlers, TVs compatible with the console, etc etc, then buy the packs you want, let them download and install then your well up to date in no time.

Then cry when you have to do this all over again for beds, tables, counters, chairs, sofas, bathtubs etc because pets is here in November c:
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:50 PM
Wait, so backing up my folders, and downloads isn't enough? There's another process I have to go thro? Is it easy?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 11:03 AM
Citysim was giving you instructions on how to update your downloads without having to redownload all of them. Downloads often work with certain expansions and stuff packs, but then stop working or create problems in the game when players add more stuffpacks/gamepacks/expansion packs or with some of the game's updates.

You could always start by pulling out your download folder (the mod folder), adding whatever packs/expansions you want, updating your game, and then slowly adding back in the cc and modded content a little at a time to test it. Or you can do as Citysim suggested.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.