Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 7:54 AM Last edited by justJones : 14th Feb 2014 at 12:51 AM.
Default The Epic Boredom Challenge of Epicness (Updated 6/29)
Inspired by this old challenge and my current boredom with The Sims 3.

Updated 6/29/10: Changed the list and made them 98.827% less conflicting.

To Begin the Epic Boredom Challenge of Epicness *echo*
1. Accept the fact that you are bored of The Sims 3.
2. Accept the fact that this challenge will probably make you do something you don't want to do in TS3, like divorce your Sims.
3. Accept the fact that, if you want to become un-bored with TS3, you will need to step out of your comfort zone and try something new in TS3.
4. Accept the fact that the Epic Boredom Challenge of Epicness is epic. And has a really cool echo effect when said.
5. Go to a random number generator site. Generate 3 random numbers between 1 and 10. (Column format doesn't matter.) You cannot play in a custom world that would make following one of the rules impossible, such as any rule involving premade ghosts in a world with no premade ghosts.
5a. If you have an expansion pack installed, generate one more number per EP installed.
6. For the first number, use the corresponding rule in your family.
Do not open the spoiler until you have your numbers. Doing so will put you in the "Oh, I don't like that one, what if I get it?" mindset and potentially make you permanently bored of TS3.

7. For the second number, use the corresponding rule in your family.
Do not open the spoiler until you have your numbers. Doing so will put you in the "Oh, I don't like that one, what if I get it?" mindset and potentially make you permanently bored of TS3.

8. For the third number, use the corresponding rule in your family.

8a. This is for people with World Adventures. If your number is greater than 5, then, if you rolled a 6, go by rule 1. If you rolled a 7, go by rule 2, etc.

8b. This is for people with Ambitions. If your number is greater than 5, then, if you rolled a 6, go by rule 1. If you rolled a 7, go by rule 2, etc.

8c. If you have both WA and Amb, your first number will be for the World Adventures category and your second number will be for the Ambitions category.
9. Accept again the fact that the Epic Boredom Challenge of Epicness is epic.
10. Have fun! :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 10:27 AM
This challenge is made of awesome.
Alchemist
#3 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 1:03 PM
I didn't get 10 for the Ambitions category, (which is a good thing because I never played Strangetown in TS2 and couldn't remake a family I never saw or played, lol), and I wanted to point out that in my current Twinbrook, using EA's storymode, Zo Whelhoff married Tay Bayless, not Notzo Curious. Notzo has engaged himself to some Schmidtt girl the game moved into the neighborhood. Bunny Curious hooked up with Goodwin Goode (His pregnant girlfriend's family moved out of the neighborhood early in my game). So I don't think you can predict who will be the spouses of the Curious kids in every neighborhood.
Maybe if someone your Sim gets to know in the game later marries a Curious, you have to avoid that person, if it's your best friend?
Scholar
#4 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 1:17 PM
Well, nice idea, but many of the options conflict. How should I make a married couple with conflicting traits if I'm only allowed to create a YA/A who isn't allowed to marry? How should I get a child from each country if I'm only allowed to adopt?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 1:22 PM
Quote:
4. Start with any combination of YA/A Sims, just no kids. Every child must have a different mother or father without divorcing. If their spouse find out, s/he must be killed.
By this, do you mean that a married couple can not have children together, but each parent must find another sim to reproduce with? And that they can not breed with a sim that has already donated genes to one of their children?

Thanks for trying to cure my boredom!
I rolled 4, 8, 5, 2, and 1 - looking forward to the mummy/ghost hybrid x(

Well I can't look under the hood but nothing will erase the joy of gunning townies down in front of City Hall - suzetter
Alchemist
#6 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Well, nice idea, but many of the options conflict. How should I make a married couple with conflicting traits if I'm only allowed to create a YA/A who isn't allowed to marry? How should I get a child from each country if I'm only allowed to adopt?

Yeah, I agree with this. It's a good idea but it's not thought out enough. Ideally you shouldn't have rules in one category that conflict with a rule you might roll in another category. In the 'Other' category you have a few options that force certain kinds of traits on your Sim which negate any rule you rolled in the 'Traits' category. It would be better if the only rules that deal with Traits are in the Traits category, and not have new Family rules in the EP categories that conflict with rules in the Family category, etc.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 8:18 PM Last edited by Six_by_Nine : 1st Jul 2010 at 1:42 AM.
I'll try to re-do some of these, I guess. *starts thinking*

EDIT:
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
I didn't get 10 for the Ambitions category, (which is a good thing because I never played Strangetown in TS2 and couldn't remake a family I never saw or played, lol), and I wanted to point out that in my current Twinbrook, using EA's storymode, Zo Whelhoff married Tay Bayless, not Notzo Curious. Notzo has engaged himself to some Schmidtt girl the game moved into the neighborhood. Bunny Curious hooked up with Goodwin Goode (His pregnant girlfriend's family moved out of the neighborhood early in my game). So I don't think you can predict who will be the spouses of the Curious kids in every neighborhood.
Maybe if someone your Sim gets to know in the game later marries a Curious, you have to avoid that person, if it's your best friend?

Well, Notzo is supposed to marry Zo. Like, in TS2, Bella Batchelor is married to Mortimer Goth, but, in TS3, they might not always marry 'cause...well, it'd get boring if the same thing happened over and over and over (and over).
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 6:52 AM
Okay, I love this. It is truly the most epic.
Here's what I got -

Expect pictures of the ensuing hilarity.
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 8:25 PM
Wow, this is awesome! I might even do it a couple of times for fun! I only really looked at the ones I got, so it'll still be a surprise! I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, so here're the numbers I got: 2 7 9 6 4. This'll be great!
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luminescense
Wow, this is awesome! I might even do it a couple of times for fun! I only really looked at the ones I got, so it'll still be a surprise! I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, so here're the numbers I got: 2 7 9 6 4. This'll be great!

Just click on the gray buttons that say "show spoiler", directly underneath each numbered category.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luminescense
Yeah, what Tigger said. The reason it says not top open the spoilers yet (if that's what this is about) is because if people open it just to look, they might go, "What? Play with Insane Sims? Bleh, I don't like that..." thus making them not do this challenge, thus making them bored of TS3 permanently! :U
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 4:40 AM
I'm so going to do a legacy with this.

Thank you for saving me from hours of boredom!

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 5:59 AM
Finally, something I think I'll be able to follow through out. I agree with refox 14, thank you for saving me from my boredom! I truly think this challenge is epic AND awesome!

Make two parents & two kids. Have the parents hate each other & see how the kids turn out. (This will be interesting because my married Sims NEVER have a low relationship: I love it already)
Every Sim you make in "CAS" must be Insane (I love insane Sims :D)
Never sell anything. Hoard everythig. (So far, so good)
You can not sleep in tombs while going on an adventure. (My Sims hardly go on vacations, once again, this should be interesting, just because they rarely go)
Make a simbot/ghost hybrid (Um...?)

Yeah, about about that^^
How exactly do I make a simbot/ghost hybrid? (If someone can answer this, I would greatly appreciate it; either way, I'm still going to do this)

THANKS AGAIN! :D

My Traits: Artistic, Good, Hopeless Romantic, Loner, & Virtuoso,
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 7:05 AM
Quote:
How exactly do I make a simbot/ghost hybrid? (If someone can answer this, I would greatly appreciate it; either way, I'm still going to do this)

The same way you do for a Sim: burn it, starve it, or let it die of old age. Simbots can't get electrocuted because they're robots. Their energy will refill and they'll get the "Refreshed" moodlet. The can't drown, also, because, if they go into water (even after your Simbot is reprogrammed without the Hydrophobic trait), they'll immediately get out, then short out. Once you have the Simbot's urn, wait for the Oh My Ghost! opportunity and bring his urn to the Science Facility.

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 5:54 PM
It seems like this challenge was full of ghosts for me. This is what I got:

9. Have two ghosts have a baby together. Fire Sim having a baby with a drowned Sim...? <-- Never tried that before -- I have had half ghost and half human babies though.... (2 ghosts)
6. Make a Mean Spirit Sim that's also Good. <-- this should be weird to do. Is it even possible? Aren't they conflicting?
7. Use testingcheatsenabled to make everyone in your family hate everyone in a random family in the neighborhood. <-- lol.... nice touch
1. Make a mummy/ghost hybrid. <-- O.o + 1 ghost
1. Make a simbot/ghost hybrid. <-- + 1 MORE ghost....

Looks like I will be killing a bunch of people to get this to work O.o
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
Just click on the gray buttons that say "show spoiler", directly underneath each numbered category.

I know. I meant that I don't know how to make the spoiler button, which is why I put down just the numbers. I didn't want to put down what I got in words since that would spoil some of the options for people who haven't started doing the challenge yet.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 7:16 PM
Hmm, my sim apparently shoud:

1) never marry and have as many kids as possible
2) I should ask someone else to give traits - (I couldn't ask anyone at the time, so I did a random number generator: 72 numbers - pick 5 numbers - and chose from Sims Wiki list of traits of 72.) It chose: athletic, ambitious, savvy sculptor, coward, mean spirited.

3) do every opportunity and adventure. My fourth number was a 4 so I assume I can't do anything with it?
4) Be an Investigator and beat sims, break into house, etc. An unscrupulous investigator, apparently.

Sounds like one of those flawed characters in some HBO/Showtime drama/comedy.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Paradys
Hmm, my sim apparently shoud:
3) do every opportunity and adventure. My fourth number was a 4 so I assume I can't do anything with it?
No, you can go on adventured, but you just can't sleep in the tombs. At night, either go to the base camp, or just try to stick it out for the rest of the tomb.

Quote:
I know. I meant that I don't know how to make the spoiler button, which is why I put down just the numbers. I didn't want to put down what I got in words since that would spoil some of the options for people who haven't started doing the challenge yet.
Spoiler tags are like this: [spoiler]HALLO THAR![/spoiler] But I wasn't really worried about that 'cause other people did that and people that are gonna do the challenge will probably get their number first. But if you feel more comfortable using the spoiler tags, go for it.

Quote:
6. Make a Mean Spirit Sim that's also Good. <-- this should be weird to do. Is it even possible? Aren't they conflicting?
Surprisingly, Good only conflicts with Evil.

Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Six_by_Nine
The same way you do for a Sim: burn it, starve it, or let it die of old age. Simbots can't get electrocuted because they're robots. Their energy will refill and they'll get the "Refreshed" moodlet. The can't drown, also, because, if they go into water (even after your Simbot is reprogrammed without the Hydrophobic trait), they'll immediately get out, then short out. Once you have the Simbot's urn, wait for the Oh My Ghost! opportunity and bring his urn to the Science Facility.
Ohhhhhhhh! Okay! Thank you!!!! :D

My Traits: Artistic, Good, Hopeless Romantic, Loner, & Virtuoso,
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 4:35 PM
This is great! I love that the are lists specific to each expansion pack.
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 5:53 PM
thanks for this- I've now got 3 hateful roomies, with unusual traits, living in a bomb shelter, with a murderous mummy in their midst! Let the games begin.
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 3:40 AM
Here's What I Got...

Gigantic family filled with old people and two brand-new parents dealing with their evil toddler. And did I mention they're all crazy? Also, one of the grandparents (the most innocent-looking one) is a hardcore private eye who doesn't play by the rules.

ilovethischallengeforever :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 4:52 PM
Feel honored, this will be my first challenge ever. Here's what I got:

7. Have a baby with the first service Sim to step on your lot, regardless of marital status
3. For every Sim you make in CAS, hit random once. There's your traits.
2. You can never call for services. Ever. Even in an emergency. This also means no fire alarms or burgular alarms. If you need to have a baby with an NPC, call for services once, introduce yourself to the Sim, then dismiss them. Now you have their phone number.
1. Make a mummy/ghost hybrid.
4. Make an Investigator that beats up other Sims for information, breaks into their house, etc.

The random trait-thing is bugging me ... I'm excited how this will turn out ...
Instructor
#24 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:13 PM
ok i didn't quit got what the challenger was talking about so i went and do what i understood and i got this rules:

10. Make one YA or A Sim. Make him/her never marry, but try to get as many kids as possible. (the thing i always do in-game im happy i got this)
9. Give your Sims the personalities of someone you know.
4. Make your Sims live in a bomb shelter. (im not sure how to do this)
3. You can not sleep in tombs while going on an adventure.
2. Make an Evil Simbot that tries to destroy the pathetic human race. (so how exactly will a simbot destroy the pathetic human race? or do i just need to give it an evil personality?)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
ok i didn't quit got what the challenger was talking about so i went and do what i understood and i got this rules:

10. Make one YA or A Sim. Make him/her never marry, but try to get as many kids as possible. (the thing i always do in-game im happy i got this)
9. Give your Sims the personalities of someone you know.
4. Make your Sims live in a bomb shelter. (im not sure how to do this)
3. You can not sleep in tombs while going on an adventure.
2. Make an Evil Simbot that tries to destroy the pathetic human race. (so how exactly will a simbot destroy the pathetic human race? or do i just need to give it an evil personality?)

For the bomb shelter, just make a house that's underground with maybe a lookout tower or something. Think "post-apocalyptic". Or just take Hunter Cottoneye's house in Riverview. ;D

For the evil Simbot, just make him Evil, Mean Spirited, whatever you feel fits, make him beat up Sims, try to start a fire to kill a Sim (make sure he doesn't die himself), etc. Or, if you have any mods that allow you to kill Sims, you can use those.

Page 1 of 3