Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 199 (Who?), Viewed: 47444 times.
Page 8 of 8
Field Researcher
#176 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 1:30 PM
I am a big fan of R&B, pop and some rap music.
Test Subject
#177 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 4:27 AM
Pop, rock, and R&B, mostly.
Field Researcher
#178 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 2:27 PM
Too bad this thread has died. Time to bring it up again.
Anyway, i listen to trance most of time. Airbase, Leon Bolier, Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Orjan Nilssen, Markus Schulz, Marcus Schössow,Cliff Coenraad, Ronski Speed and the like.
Sometimes i also listen to minimal, tech and house, like Arnej and Deadmau5.
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 2:50 PM
I love music that my parents call 'weird' (eg. Bon Iver).
I love music that makes my brain explode (eg. Nero).
I love music that can teleport me to another time (eg. The Beatles and Cream).
I love music that I can dance around my room to when I'm getting ready in the morning (eg. Lady GaGa).
I love music that makes me fall in love (eg. like Ed Sheeran).

I'll listen to anything, really.
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 9:58 PM
I listen to a pretty wide mix of things. My main genres are pop and R&B. I have dozens of songs from Mariah Carey, MJ, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston, TLC, Aaliyah...basically the music I grew up listening to. There's a lot of 90s music on my iPod, some from random artists I only enjoy one or two songs from (George Michael's probably the most random one). I also listen to some rap/hip hop (usually the 90s and early 2000s stuff, Outkast is a favorite one), a bit of J-pop and J-rock (mainly Utada Hikaru, a few other artists here and there), some Spanish-language music (mainly Selena and Shakira), a few songs from the odd 'alternative' bands (not sure if Fall Out Boy and Panic At the Disco count as rock) and a very tiny smidgeon of rock (just Evanescence and a couple of songs from Linkin Park). There's also a few orchestra pieces and piano interpretations of songs that I enjoy. I don't delve into country or the various subgenres of rock, I just never cared for the sound.

I've been listening to a lot of upbeat music like Rihanna and Britney, but I'm also enjoying Evanescence's new album. I'm just happy to listen to anything that's not infected with dance/techno these days.
Forum Resident
#181 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 11:36 PM
Anything that properly (IMO) uses wind instruments, and then some more.

Not too far from accurate, actually.

I mostly listen to Classic Rock (particularly Progressive - Jazz Rock and some Southern Rock) and Classical (Pretty much all kinds, although Romantic and Contemporary I wouldn't call my favorite - Impressionist, Baroque, and Renaissance are my top favorites, at the moment). On top of that I enjoy some Soft Rock (Bread, Eagles, America, Jim Croce etc.), Baroque/Chamber Pop, various types of rock from the early 2000's, and some 'Ska Punk' (Streetlight Manifesto is the only one I really listen to. They are really quite different from what else is called 'Ska Punk' with amazing brass/saxophone parts which I love despite them having a sound that I wouldn't have even given a chance if they didn't have wind instruments. ).

Otherwise I do listen to a little bit of jazz, Big Band, and swing, but I don't particularly listen to much of it. I know it's good but I haven't found much.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Forum Resident
#182 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 8:28 PM
JPop FTW!
Test Subject
#183 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 4:26 PM
Just about everything expect Country, folk, or Polka
Instructor
#184 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 7:57 PM
These are the groups I currently listen to the most:

Rammstein
Oomph!
Green Day
Depeche Mode
Pet Shop Boys
Oasis
Beatles
Muse
Kent
I also always love classical music.
Test Subject
#185 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 11:45 AM
Total metal head! I listen to everything from symphonic to death and I'm absolutely in love with post-hardcore :3
Top Secret Researcher
#186 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 4:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieKristina
These are the groups I currently listen to the most:

Rammstein
Oomph!
Green Day
Depeche Mode
Pet Shop Boys
Oasis
Beatles
Muse
Kent
I also always love classical music.

Love Rammstein!!! ^.^ Anyway what I like:

Classical
Rammstien
Green Day
Linkin Park
Opera (oh yeah, I love it ^.^ )
Ladytron
No Doubt
Aqua
Muse
80's Music
The Cranberries
Mika Nakashima
Within Temptation
Evanescence

I like A LOT more, but...My brain is soooooooooooooo not working. -.-"

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Top Secret Researcher
#187 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 4:36 PM
Hardrock, Metalcore, Melodic death metal, Post-hardcore and Dubstep. Classical could be there sometime.

Caring little prick. Slightly psychopatic. Barely used. Madly in love.
Caution!: Likes to provoke.

Roots in a Pentagram
Top Secret Researcher
#188 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 4:56 PM
Anything that isn't stupid.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Scholar
#189 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 1:10 AM
I like Tegan and Sara.
Top Secret Researcher
#190 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 2:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankokomando
I like Tegan and Sara.

OH MY GOODNESS! I knew forgot one! Well, two. I love Tegan and Sara! I have "The Con" album. >.< I need more though *le sigh*

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#191 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 5:05 AM
Quite a few things.... but I do not enjoy generic rap or teen music, or a lot of rock music.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Forum Resident
#192 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 10:58 AM
The noisy trash I listen to sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

Both graphical and technical fidelity are in an embargo.

Let there be love, let there be hate, let there be speculation! The Sims 4 rated RP for Repulsive Preconception
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 6:26 PM
The soundtrack to the film 'The Virgin Suicides' by Air is something I enjoy listening to a lot. I find myself enjoying more instrumentals rather then sonjgs with actual lyrics nowadays. I don't know why that is, but I just do.

"Just Breathe"
Top Secret Researcher
#194 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
The noisy trash I listen to sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

You listen to Justin B?

Caring little prick. Slightly psychopatic. Barely used. Madly in love.
Caution!: Likes to provoke.

Roots in a Pentagram
Scholar
#195 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 3:18 AM
Hard-core ganster rap.
Scholar
#196 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 3:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandvoort
You listen to Justin B?

Holy shit, you're so clever.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Field Researcher
#197 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 10:25 AM
Lana Del Rey, Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, Perfume, Yelle (Their MVs are so gloriously bizarre :D), Alan. :3

... and so very, very, many others. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by em-em
The soundtrack to the film 'The Virgin Suicides' by Air is something I enjoy listening to a lot. I find myself enjoying more instrumentals rather then sonjgs with actual lyrics nowadays. I don't know why that is, but I just do.

*hi-5* That movie (and its soundtrack) are amazing. :D

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 7:27 PM
I'm not really sure if I have a preference any more as far as genres go, but I listen to a lot more rock than anything else.

I love everything-in any language- apart from country, reggae, and gospel.

Been downloading like crazy...so many great creators here! Neglecting forums...will be back soon...ish.
Test Subject
#199 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 6:02 AM
Right now I am listening In the end,

Bucket elevator | Filter Press
Test Subject
#200 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 3:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot93
METAL
Heavy Metal more accurately
I love Machine Head and Children of Bodom

I love Bodom!! Got to see them live last year and it was the best day of my life!

I listen to Heavy Metal too, death/black/prog/metalcore, etc. I'm not very good with genres as some bands merge genres or play multiple genres. I also like elecro/dance and hip-hop especially on the dancefloor but I don't listen to them outside the club much.

My fav bands are:

Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Metallica, Bullet for my Valentine, August Burns Red, blessthefall, Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, In Flames, Sum 41, Disturbed, Trivium, Three Days Grace, old Linkin Park, Slipknot, Blindside, Drowning Pool. Sadly in my country metal doesn't get much coverage so I'm always looking for other bands to listen to. Feel free to throw suggestions if you have similar taste :D
Page 8 of 8

Section jump