Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 5:56 AM
Hi frillen,

Firstly thank you for the tutorial.
Secondly, I was loading up Home Crafter Plus after making the tiles and the tiles shows up the original image (solid) even though they were transparent when I was using them. Just wondering if that was meant to happen?

Cheers
Luthien

Elen síla lumenn’omentielvo
A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luthien
Hi frillen,

Firstly thank you for the tutorial.
Secondly, I was loading up Home Crafter Plus after making the tiles and the tiles shows up the original image (solid) even though they were transparent when I was using them. Just wondering if that was meant to happen?

Cheers
Luthien

Sometimes Homecrafter will show them non transparent even though they're transparent when used in the game.
I believe that if the game or Homecrafter+ creates the thumbnails for the floor before you add the transparancy, they will always show them as non-transparent, however if you've done it correctly the transparancy will still work when they're used in the game.

A little warning though: If you edit a transparent tile in Homecrafter+ they will loose the transparancy, besides that they should work just fine!

Life's a game, so let's play!
Instructor
#28 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 1:11 AM
Thanks for that. It does work perfectly except for the tumbnail not reflexing the transparency. Is there any way to create a tumbnail to show the transparency?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luthien
Thanks for that. It does work perfectly except for the tumbnail not reflexing the transparency. Is there any way to create a tumbnail to show the transparency?

If you mean creating your own thumbnails, no that's not possible, but you can force the game to recreate the thumbnails by deleting the following file:

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails\BuildModeThumbnails.package
The next time you start your game it will automatically recreate the thumbnails so they will reflect changes made to textures from within SimPE
The thumbnails in Homecrafter+ will still not show the transparancy, but they will in the game build menu!

Instructor
#30 Old 5th May 2006 at 1:42 AM
My apologies for the lateness of this reply but I didn't receive a message prompting me of your reply.

Thank you for all your help and this excellant tutorial. Will give your suggestion a try.:baloons:

Scholar
#31 Old 15th May 2006 at 5:43 PM
Great tutorial
thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 5:24 PM Last edited by Archeron : 3rd Jul 2006 at 9:31 PM. Reason: Forgot the result i want
Default Glass tile with metal border
Is there any way I can create a Floor Tile with Glass (not invisible, like the part 1 glass) with about 25 pixels of a grey~white metal moldure? I was looking for a high bridge made fully by glass...

PS: Here's what I want, I want it as a floor...

PS AGAING, REPLY TO THE POST DOWN: But I want the glass in the middle semi-transparent...
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#33 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 6:55 PM
Uh...the second tutorial does something similar.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 9:33 PM
The RGiles tutorial didn't worked for me, the floor tile just seems black, nothing more. I'm looking for a glass, like the ones they have in some fences...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 12:59 AM
Archeron if you look at part 2 of my tutorial, you should be able to do it, it's just a matter of setting the alpha transparancy in your image to a suitable level and leaving your frame solid

Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 2:17 AM Last edited by Archeron : 4th Jul 2006 at 4:12 AM.
Thx... I've tried it... But it got a black transparency... Well, it's at least semi-transparent... I want it like the image... But I don't know how to change the alpha transparency, and create a solid moldure... Sorry, but I'm new to it...

Should be easier if you tell me how, but I'll see if i can try it for myself anyway...

EDIT: Alright, Thx, I've got something as nearly as i wanted, i've setted the alpha to grey... It's transparent at the middle, and the moldure is now white...
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#37 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 2:45 AM
Black in the alpha is invisible, white is solid, in between are different opacities.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 1:04 AM Last edited by summerbear5 : 26th Oct 2006 at 1:26 AM.
ok I tried this on a floor tile and it worked! but I tried the same proccess on some wallpaper and it didn't work...why does it not work for wallpaper? and it there a tutorial for transparent wallpaper?

Summer
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 2:49 PM
Summerbear5:
Transparent walls probably won't be possible, I myself and a lot of others have tried to but failed, walls don't work the same way as floors do, so the same technique can't be used - Sorry, I wish there was a way to do transparent walls!

Mad Poster
#40 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 3:06 PM
Summerbear5,

The most likely alternative is Numenor's wall-windows
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70222

Invisible and transparent walls do exist in-game, yet not available in the UI. Lol, just think of the column deck and the screen deck respectively.

Yet, there's no known way to make custom ones on the HCP products yet.
However, enabling some in-game ones can be done. may read
Modding InfoCenter - Partitions: walls, fences, fence arches
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=106473
or use Numenor's wall mod
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=59793
Field Researcher
#41 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 4:09 PM
Or you can make a new type of wall, changing walls script.

I'm going to stop modding the sims 2.
Test Subject
#42 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 12:39 AM
http://www.pimp-my-sims.com/selecti...room/index.html

That is an example of flooring.. Reflective... Semi-Reflective flooring. I sent and email to find out how it was done. If I get a reply I will let oyu all know!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 1:41 PM
Thank you soooo much. This is a good and understandable tut and it explaines a whole lot about these options
Inventor
#44 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 5:59 PM
Is there any way to do this with just simpe? For some reason, vista does not seem to like homecrafter at all.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reyn
Is there any way to do this with just simpe? For some reason, vista does not seem to like homecrafter at all.

You will need a guid for the floor tiles to avoid conflicts!
A simple solution would be to ask if someone will clone a certain amount of floor tiles for you.
All other settings in floor tiles can be changed from SimPE

Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Archeron
Thx... I've tried it... But it got a black transparency... Well, it's at least semi-transparent... I want it like the image... But I don't know how to change the alpha transparency, and create a solid moldure... Sorry, but I'm new to it...

Should be easier if you tell me how, but I'll see if i can try it for myself anyway...

EDIT: Alright, Thx, I've got something as nearly as i wanted, i've setted the alpha to grey... It's transparent at the middle, and the moldure is now white...

Could you upload that please!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 11:01 PM
thank you so much! very nice tutorial
Banned
#48 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 2:12 AM
Thank you for this Frillen.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 10th May 2009 at 6:51 AM
i have a problem. when i right click on the image in simpe, there is no option labeled "build TXT." can someone tell me why it is not showing up?
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:19 AM
Thankyou.
I haven't made tiles yet but have been looking for your tutorial, I knew it was out there. I'd like to upload a few things, but after seeing all the promoted works of art, some of them from years ago, it seems like anything else would be passe. At least they are inspirations; I'd like to contribute as much.
Page 2 of 3