Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2017 at 1:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Editing premade worlds
I'd like to edit the terrain paint of a premade world
>http://modthesims.info/t/469942
I followed both methods listed here step by step but CAW still gives me the unable to load message. Where can I go from here? ;o;
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 30th May 2017 at 5:19 PM
Hm... some questions first to get a better picture of what might be the reason:
- Can you open/edit any other (own or the included SV lite e.g.) worlds?
- did either of the methods work for you in the past or is it your first try?
- after import of the single files did you make sure to "save" and not to "save as"?
- which world is it? I could give it a try.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2017 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
Hm... some questions first to get a better picture of what might be the reason:
- Can you open/edit any other (own or the included SV lite e.g.) worlds?
- did either of the methods work for you in the past or is it your first try?
- after import of the single files did you make sure to "save" and not to "save as"?
- which world is it? I could give it a try.

So I've been reading reading reading since I've posted this and I think it may have been that I didn't have the world installed so CAW had nothing to pull from??
May that have been it? I'm using a different world now and placed the .world file in the main directory. Trying again.

edit:
2nd method worked
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 30th May 2017 at 7:05 PM
It actually doesn't matter if the world is installed or not - you are not using the game/caw to import the original world, but s3pe. The important thing is that it's not a sims3pack, but a .world-file as found in your game installation folders in the "shared packages" folders. Not to be confused with the .world-file in your caw user data folder).

Glad it works for you now!
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2017 at 7:26 PM
It actually doesn't matter if the world is installed or not - you are not using the game/caw to import the original world, but s3pe. The important thing is that it's not a sims3pack, but a .world-file as found in your game installation folders in the "shared packages" folders. Not to be confused with the .world-file in your caw user data folder).

Glad it works for you now!

Thank you! Would you also know how I go about exporting it correctly? ;o;
I just found out I can't save it for whatever reason, CAW crashes upon me opening it back up. So I wanna finish quickly and then start playing
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 30th May 2017 at 7:50 PM
Hm, if you can open it and save after editing, it should export just fine... Do you get an error message?
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th May 2017 at 8:00 PM
Hm, if you can open it and save after editing, it should export just fine... Do you get an error message?

I just went ahead and exported. I can save but if I close CAW and try to open the world it will crash. I think that's mentioned in the thread. I'll just keep reading.

Also the world I made crashes the game lol
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 30th May 2017 at 8:32 PM
Do you use SuperCaw? Have you checked if your sims game version and the caw version match?
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th May 2017 at 8:42 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 30th May 2017 at 9:17 PM.
Do you use SuperCaw? Have you checked if your sims game version and the caw version match?

Did not use super caw and the version matches
just removed replaced trees and terrain, saved (the resources provided by the thread could not be saved/caused a problem), exported, installed, crash on both sides
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 30th May 2017 at 9:32 PM Last edited by Vincent T. : 31st May 2017 at 6:53 PM.
Well, I honestly wouldn't use method 2 at all. I use a third method which I think is introduced somewhere here on MTS, too, but I can't find the thread (it also is very similar to method 1). But I never had any problems to edit premade worlds, no matter if EA or custom worlds (store worlds are a different thing though). So, this is what I do:

- use S3PE to export ALL files (--> export to file) from the ready world-file you want to edit (best into a fresh empty folder which you find quickly again - there are usually a LOT of files in a world file. It also may take a while and S3PE might not correspond for some minutes, just give it some time. As I said, a LOT of files.
- make a new world in caw as in method 1, save and exit caw.
- use S3PE to import all files into your new caw world-file. "Save". Just save, do not use save as!!! Delete the WIPD ressource. Save again (just save, not save as!!!)
- now you can open the world in caw again an proceed with step 4 of the first method.

If nothing helps, let me know which world you want to edit and I'll see if I can make you caw files from it (for private use).
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th May 2017 at 9:39 PM

OH wow if you could make caw files for me from this world > http://newwheelchair.tumblr.com/pos...leyitatumblrcom < that would be great I just dont play with the EPs required and so I get the ugly replacement trees and plants and I HATE IT. They do not match the aesthetic.

But based on the tutorial thread a lot of my questions are being answered.
This is all new to me but it makes sense its all just so tedious. Still not sure what I need to do when exporting to make sure the world works though and doesnt crash when I load it.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 30th May 2017 at 9:54 PM
Well, not having all EPs/store/cc might be a reason for the crash. I'll try tomorrow if I can make caw files. Which EPs do you have?
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th May 2017 at 10:02 PM
Well, not having all EPs/store/cc might be a reason for the crash. I'll try tomorrow if I can make caw files. Which EPs do you have?

:U oh
I'm playing with generations, seasons, ambitions and town life. I'm going to try your method and somehow make the world all base game if possible.
dodgy builder
#14 Old 31st May 2017 at 1:20 AM
Is it that tiny little Island? Why don't you make it yourself. It probably takes you a day.

Instead of replacing trees and objects from ambitions etc.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st May 2017 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Is it that tiny little Island? Why don't you make it yourself. It probably takes you a day.

Instead of replacing trees and objects from ambitions etc.

I have no idea how to do that and since I'm only replacing trees I feel that that's a little extra. If it is possible for me to just replace the trees and export it as a working world I'd rather just do that ;o ;
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 31st May 2017 at 7:30 PM
Will pm you for results
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st May 2017 at 8:26 PM
Will pm you for results

Awesome! ok
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 31st May 2017 at 9:16 PM
I will recommend a real pretty world for you - the one you linked is cute..but this one is Beautiful!
http://nilxis.tumblr.com/post/10328...wers-gift-empty
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st May 2017 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I will recommend a real pretty world for you - the one you linked is cute..but this one is Beautiful!
http://nilxis.tumblr.com/post/10328...wers-gift-empty

Oh thank you but I assure you I have played in hylewood SEVERAL times. The problem is that I cant fit the somber aesthetic. Pleyita's worlds are light and clean which is closer to my play style.