Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 7:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Every time I try to play the game, it immediately stops responding and I am stuck on a black loading screen.
This has happened to me before, quite recently in fact. However, somehow I had fixed it. Today for the past hour it's been impossible to start up my game. I have generations, seasons, island paradise, late night, showtime, world adventures, and supernatural with quite a bit of custom content. I've tried clearing the cache, getting rid of problem CC, bypassing the launcher (which it won't let me do), I've even done a reset of the game and nothing has worked. All that happens is that a black screen pops up very soon after pressing play on the launcher and within a second the game is no longer responding and I have to quit it using the task manager. This is tiring and I just want this to be fixed. I've played the sims since I was little and this is honestly making me so sad (as childish as it sounds).

I have a laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. The processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU, M 430 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz.

The chip type is a GeForce GT 330m, and the DAC type is integrated RAMDAC. Display mode is 1680 x 945 (32 bit)(60Hz)

It's never had problems running the game before, and for it being sims 3 it ran pretty smooth with minimal freezing. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm really trying to avoid having to uninstall everything and start over.

I'll be grateful for anyone who tries to help, thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 10:20 PM
I've had this happen after deleting a sim and this worked for me. Simply delete the downloadedsims.index file from your Sims folder, in the SavedSims folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Open up options.ini in your user folder with notepad.

find the line

Fullscreen = 1

and change it to

Fullscreen = 0

--

If this fixes your problem, you can either play in window mode from now on or update your graphics driver.
(Or you can try switching to fullscreen mode after it boots up in window mode, save the game and quit. Then try to boot up again see if it works.)

I tried that but it didn't work. Somehow I got it to work though, although it still is acting a bit strange. Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I've had this happen after deleting a sim and this worked for me. Simply delete the downloadedsims.index file from your Sims folder, in the SavedSims folder.

I don't have a SavedSims folder, nor the downloadedsims.index file either. I don't think I've ever had one