Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 6:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Seasons
My sims 3 can read custom content but not the package kind of files?
So, I have tried every tutorial for the past 5 hours but I just can't figure out what I have been doing wrong. My game can read custom content but not the ones that end in ".package". I also place the sims 3 files everywhere and it just doesn't work. I have attached photos for you to see my final placement, and it still doesn't work. I don't know whether I have been naming it wrong or what. Is it because my game is from Steam? Please help
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 7:14 AM
None of your screenshots show where you are actually putting the content (or I need to have my glasses adjusted again, which is entirely possible).

Sims3pack files go into Downloads, where they are read, recognized, and installed as the player chooses by way of the Launcher.

Package files go into Mods\Packages and the game reads them upon loadup all by itself; the Launcher is not involved, has nothing to do with these files, and is not supposed to recognize them at all. So what have you put into Packages and how do you know that they aren't being read -- have you gone in-game to see if the items show up or if you have mods, that it's working as intended or not? Do the two sample test mods included with the Framework you downloaded, NoIntroMovie and NoBuildSparkles, work as intended?

It is also a Best Practice to clear (delete) the four or five cache files in your game folder whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way. They can get clogged with outdated information and prevent things from loading or functioning as they should. They will each respawn on the next attempted startup.

CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompostiorCache.package
socialCache.package (this one is optional)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 7:50 AM
Omg, It finally worked thanks for helping me out! Thank you so much. 💕 turns out the problem was it was clogged and that I was putting the CC and packages together.