Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#5426 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00
you're right, that is one creepy looking Sim.

That's my simself...

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5427 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:05 AM
Well then, allow me to insult you some more!
Field Researcher
#5428 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:11 AM
I see your simself and raise you this EA generated puppy I found at a neighbours house.

Also while following a wild horse I found Bigfoot.
Screenshots

Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were going to do anyway - Robert Downey Jr

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? - Captain Jack Sparrow
Lab Assistant
#5429 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:51 AM Last edited by moonstarforever : 24th Sep 2014 at 1:44 PM.

Sure, that's the table...or the chair, whatever you're trying to clean...

Edit: This is completely unrelated but I just found out Sunset Valley is an actual place!

Insanity is like a rose, it'll grow it's thorns hidden away in beauty.
Do not go there, that is where Death and Despair lie in a pair.
Alchemist
#5430 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sirvino
i can't believe some cheap idiots are still using bmp or png these days. jpg or jpeg has been around a long time and better compressinon.

@sirvino Don't be ignorant. .png and .jpg exist for different purposes as well. Not all images need compression or need to be converted to .jpg. Certain file types are used depending on the circumstances.

Just call me Nikel
Site Helper
#5431 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 2:47 PM
bmp exists because it's not compressed. .png handles transparency, while handling color better than gif. But they both produce file sizes that are too big compared to jpg, which is why this site doesn't permit them. Open and re-save a jpg picture about 20 times, and you will begin to see why having it in bmp form can be preferable if you plan to edit it much.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#5432 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 2:20 PM
It took only one day... ONE day until one of my sims was killed by a lightning strike... That's what he gets for playing in a puddle while the weather's like the world's ending. At least we got space for a Plumbot now, resurrecting that sim will most likely never happen.
Lab Assistant
#5433 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 5:07 AM
So apparently if Children are out past curfew, the game automatically forces them to ride their bike home and there's no way to cancel the action. So even if they're on the other side of town and can teleport home in 5 minutes, they're basically going to spend the next 2-3 hours biking.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Field Researcher
#5434 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mister_wolfe
So apparently if Children are out past curfew, the game automatically forces them to ride their bike home and there's no way to cancel the action. So even if they're on the other side of town and can teleport home in 5 minutes, they're basically going to spend the next 2-3 hours biking.

Get a no curfew mod = problem solved

Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were going to do anyway - Robert Downey Jr

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? - Captain Jack Sparrow
Test Subject
#5435 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 11:49 AM
So I wait ages for this old guy to die of old age to make space in my house (I don't like killing my Sims). The day finally comes, but what's this? His cat gets 'harass death' in his queue. Next thing I know, the GOD DAMN CAT has saved this guy from death. What makes it even worse is that the cat itself was only a few days from death anyway. I just ended up moving the old man, his wife and the cat out of the house because I didn't want to have to wait any longer.

TL;DR Cats are only helpful when it's inconvenient to you, even in Sims.
Alchemist
#5436 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alicemcalicepants
So I wait ages for this old guy to die of old age to make space in my house (I don't like killing my Sims). The day finally comes, but what's this? His cat gets 'harass death' in his queue. Next thing I know, the GOD DAMN CAT has saved this guy from death.

Yeah, in my simmies family the dog did that three times in a row. Finally I just made sure that the dog was as far away from home as possible, so that the old guy could finally kick the bucket. It was either that or kill him myself.
Scholar
#5437 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 8:44 PM
She was only a quick little sim added in using MC- Too bad, I could of had fun with her.

ETA: I need to set this picture (shown below) as my profile picture. Um, but should I resize it on Paint or Photobucket?
Forum Resident
#5438 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:20 AM
I had a fire start a while ago and Bonehilda just...watched. Then she walked into the middle of the fire and stood there until the firemen arrived, and by that time, half the family was dead.

Hilda, what the fuck??

Also I found this in my screenshot folder. I think it's the sweater shorts that really make the outfit.

EDIT: I'm digging the matching hat and legwarmers. Girl knows how to accessorize.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Mad Poster
#5439 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
I had a fire start a while ago and Bonehilda just...watched. Then she walked into the middle of the fire and stood there until the firemen arrived, and by that time, half the family was dead.

She planned it.
Forum Resident
#5440 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:42 AM
I think she's trying to recruit more foot soldiers for the skeleton war.

Top Secret Researcher
#5441 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
......Also I found this in my screenshot folder. I think it's the sweater shorts that really make the outfit.

EDIT: I'm digging the matching hat and legwarmers. Girl knows how to accessorize.

She might know how to accessorize but the actual DRESS sense, my eyes hurt!
Lab Assistant
#5442 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PaNdEmIc
Get a no curfew mod = problem solved

Ah, I will need to do this. I had a bizarre scenario yesterday where a child teleported home moments before the clock struck curfew, but he still got stuck with the auto-action of biking across town to find his aunt, the "closest" adult around.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Theorist
#5443 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
So I made a married couple. I gave them both fertility treatment.

Try for baby.
Twins.

Try for baby again.
Twins.

Risky woohoo.
IMMEDIATELY FALL PREGNANT, MORE FUCKING TWINS WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY GAME

Slow day? :D

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#5444 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:44 PM
More like a fondness for self torture. :P
Scholar
#5445 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:14 PM
I loaded my game in anticipation of taking some screenshots. It's in Bridgeport, which I don't play often because of how buggy it is for me.

The first thing I do is look for my sim, and there he is. In the middle of nowhere with one other guy. I can't even zoom out any further than that.

He couldn't move from there either. I had to reset him. wat
Lab Assistant
#5446 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:31 PM Last edited by Darkcloudwalker : 28th Sep 2014 at 3:55 PM.
Default Sim issues in the Utopia
My latest issue has been in Utopia (Future) where if you have a kid who is born and raised there... and has gotten the imaginary friend... expect to see your child a different color every time he crosses your screen. An imaginary friend will literally stand there with the kid (if uninterrupted) and pelt him over and over with those dews. I've been tempted many times to remove the autonomous dew throwing... but it's kind of a big part of Utopia... that and I find it funny when you show up to a club and see all these different colored sims going throughout the place. I mean... I know that in Utopia the dews are supposed to be fun... but the last thing I would want to go to any club looking like is a giant blue smurf. Although back on topic... I've had to 'trap' my sim's son's imaginary friend a few times because he would pelt the child until he was almost constantly going through retching rainbows. I've drank some wild drinks going through my teens and twenties... but I've never puked up that many colors without wanting to kill whomever let me ingest that many.

Scholar
#5447 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:58 PM
Different map, but similar to Nat 619's problem, that looks eerily like the place where I found one escaped butler the other day. The poor soul had run away as far as he could, to the opposite corner of the map, and, yeah, he was standing on some slope by the water.
Forum Resident
#5448 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 6:37 AM
My Townies Have the Worst Fashion Taste Ever: A tragedy in three parts.

I was hooking up with this guy, as is my wont, and I took a picture to make fun of his stupid helmet and his stupid Marty McFly top/sweatpants combo.

After they did the deed, he immediately changed into this:

And that was when I noticed this lady in the background.

Go home, Dresser. You're drunk.

Inventor
#5449 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:25 AM
I found an old screenshot of my Scumthorpe, Sprinkler.
Screenshots

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Alchemist
#5450 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nat 619
I loaded my game in anticipation of taking some screenshots. It's in Bridgeport, which I don't play often because of how buggy it is for me.

The first thing I do is look for my sim, and there he is. In the middle of nowhere with one other guy. I can't even zoom out any further than that.

He couldn't move from there either. I had to reset him. wat

Do you have the fixed version of Bridgeport?

Just call me Nikel
Page 218 of 321