Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 10:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Flicker/Camera Movements
Hello,

I recent;y installed the Sims 2 game onto my new laptop. I also installed GunMod's camera mod from here into my game.
However, sometimes when moving the camera I get a flicker - like the neighbourhood flickers and the water disappears from the hood for like a second or so. Now, I don't think its the mod because on my old laptop I had that camera mod and it worked fine and I had no problems on my old laptop at all (even though it had an intel graphics card).

I don't have a screenshot, as I forgot to take one. But was wondering if someone could help understand what it is.
Below are my specs. But I do have a question though - when looking at my Graphics property I have a AMD Radeon Graphics control center that pops up. Does that mean that I have an AMD Graphics card? Or is that something else?

(The question above is just for my not so smart self - because I don't know alot about computers so asking other people)

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:03 AM
You might be suffering the same problem as I am, where you have two graphics chips and the game is defaulting to the integrated chipset. It's recommended that you don't use the Intel HD Graphics chip to run the game--it'll burn it out quickly. So my advice would be to find a way to make TS2 to default to your dedicated graphics card (if it applies here). However, be forewarned. My game hates me right now, likely because it doesn't recognize my graphics card. Do at your own risk--I am no expert.

Someday, I want to work for EA so I can give The Sims franchise the jump-start kick in the ass it deserves.