Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 10:06 PM
Default Help
So I have had Sims for a while. While I love the game, I am getting bored of doing the same thing over and over again. I have tried everything from cheating, to having affairs, to doing challenges. I want a challenge that I truly enjoy, and that keeps me occupied. Something that preferably doesnt keep me in CAS for too long. Or just a new family idea. ANYTHING! Please?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 10:21 PM
Things I'd recommend would be trying out new worlds (there's lots of really great (and free!) player created worlds out there, in addition to the EA ones), trying out new family structures, and creating sims that have traits you don't normally use, or who are in careers you don't often use. Obviously your options do depend on which expansions you have, but there's just so so many possibilities that even if you've had the game for years, I doubt you've explored them all in depth.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 10:29 PM
try your hand at making better homes and building on the maps too...
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:20 PM
Honestly, CAS can be fun! Really fun! Make a wacky sim with your eyes closed (so drag the sliders up and down until you want to stop), and then dress them crazily and give them random traits and favourites! Play with them, make them have babies, start fires, rule the world...whatever makes you interested!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 12:44 AM
Thanks for the great tips. I have tried this and more, and nothing seems to work, Are there any more suggestions?
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 1:19 AM
Take a break?
I know after a while if I get bored of a game then it's time to play another. i was on a Skyrim spree for a couple weeks and now i'm slowly getting back into Sims because I missed it.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 1:28 AM
I really never get bored with the game...but there's so many ways to spice things up. Rotate families and link vacation/travel worlds so your building on-going relationships in other worlds and visit back and forth. Right now I've got legacy games in Enekjaer IP and Storybrook and have those two worlds linked so the families visit back and forth and continue to progress...also have those two worlds linked to games in Winchester and Tiny Island and visa-versa. I've just put Suvadiva Resort into the mix. It's fun everyone visits back and forth to/from all four worlds go on trips together, kids move out and move to one of those towns to start a family and on and on...It's great fun to rotate both worlds and the families within those worlds.
Start building custom career buildings. Here Are Some Tips to get started. There are loads of great custom careers here on MTS and on Miss Hissey's site that can be used with your custom career building project.
Or rebuild a world using a theme and collect CC to fit into that theme and/or start writing illustrated stories.
If all else fails, and I've been meaning to give this one a shot for a long time now.. try This Challenge by rosselin
Alchemist
#8 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 2:37 PM
You could also combine your favorite movie, tv, some other game, cartoon, etc. with Sims 3 by creating the characters in cas and maybe even creating the world from that movie, tv, etc. to play them in. Loads of fun. That's what I'm currently doing, combining my two favorite games.
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
You could also combine your favorite movie, tv, some other game, cartoon, etc. with Sims 3 by creating the characters in cas and maybe even creating the world from that movie, tv, etc. to play them in. Loads of fun. That's what I'm currently doing, combining my two favorite games.

...would that game be the one I'm thiN7king?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 4:45 PM
Mate and kill mate and kill mate and kill MATE AND KILL

Alchemist
#11 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 4:46 PM Last edited by varpunen : 19th Nov 2014 at 5:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
...would that game be the one I'm thiN7king?

I wish but not that futuristic, though. Maybe someday.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 8:50 PM
Dump a ton of supernaturals down and screw around with them.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 9:31 PM
1. Do you have all the EPs/SPs? If not, get a new one, especially one of the later ones, which tended to add more radical gameplay and interactions than the earlier ones. Then build new characters based around these new EPs. For example, if you get Showtime, create a whole new roster of showbiz sims. If you get WA, create a bunch of adventurer sims.

2. Rebuild/renovate lots or your entire world. Create a new venue, a new park, etc.

3. Create weird/unique families with an intriguing backstory, like maybe a family of super spies or ones based on TV show characters or famous people.