Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 4:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashes cause of clothing tool
Does anyone know any other hacked object that allows you to plan outfit on your lot without having to buy any clothes, pretty much you can choose any outfit while planning it like they all already bought. Same way this clothing too works, only I can't use it cause it crashes my game when my adults age to elders, even when I age them with sim modder or sim blender it keeps happening the same thing, so if anyone knows where i could find hack like this I would be more then thankful. Thanks in advance for any information.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 4:55 PM
Are you sure it is a clothing tool and not some other CC?
I had crashes once during male adults aging to elder. The other 'transitions' worked out fine. When I did the 50/50 method I could remove the faulty CC and from then on the males could age also again without crashing the game.
I would remove the last CC you added and go back in to see if the aging then goes as planned. If so, you know the culprit is in those last CC.
If not, you should do the 50/50 method to narrow it down.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 5:46 PM
I once thought I had a problem with a photobooth. It turned out to be a problem with a blouse, which crashed the game, but only when someone wearing it used the photobooth to take a picture. Nothing is too weird to be true in this game. Testing's the only way to be sure.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 6:15 PM
This is what I was afraid of, now I have to check all cc and there is too much of it, hope it won't take a lot of time to find the cause even I doubt it somehow
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 9:20 PM
It doesn't take as long as you think it will. That's what the 50/50 method is for. Get a drink and a book and possess your soul in patience. You might be able to narrow it down right away.

Since it's crashing in elder clothing, take out your downloads and test; if it doesn't crash, you know it was a download. So I suggest putting your clothes back first; it it crashes, then you don't have to worry about any of the rest of it, but can just do the 50/50 on the clothes and ignore the rest.

And if it doesn't crash when you put the clothes back - well, that's a good chunk of your CC right there that you don't have to test because it's been found innocent.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:24 PM
I 'just' took out one half of my downloads and started the game with the other half. It still crashed when the adult to elder aging came up. (And I had saved the game just before that moment so I could get quickly on to testing again.) Then I knew it was in that half and could cut that in two to test again, until the game didn't crash anymore because that piece of CC was finally 'singled out' and removed.
Meaning: you can quickly reduce the amount of the to be tested CC.
The 50/50 process may be shorter than you might think now it will be.

Another note: I read on this forum it's best to leave certain downloads in. Like Rebecca's (farm) animals. Those animals are basically NPC's and it can corrupt if just simply removed from the game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:52 PM
I had my elder male section crashing last year. It was an old outfit which had somehow became corrupted. It is far more likely to be an item of clothing and not the clothing tool.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:18 PM
In my case it had nothing to do with clothing. I forgot what the faulty item was, but it weren't clothes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 2:00 AM
Yes it was something from clothes section, still not sure what was exactly since I removed more then one file, and it was really fast done, lucky me lol. Thanks to all of you for answering and help.