Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 11:06 AM
Default Custom Content Anonymous?
I am starting to think that I need to join a Custom Content Anonymous support group. The amount of downloading I have done is ridiculous. I have not even been putting much time into the actual game because I am too busy downloading. Haha.

Anyone else this way?
Advertisement
#2 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 12:23 PM
Sounds like me. I have traded real life shopping with Sims downloading, to an extent, at least. I don't have enough families to live in the pretty houses I make and download, and I don't have enough houses to use all the pretty furniture :einstein

But it's great fun!
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 1:10 AM
Haha, yes it is. I just downloaded even more content. =P
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 1:00 AM
I got nearly 20GB of CC. I just checked it a few days ago. It was a BIG surprise cause the last time I checked it, it was only just over 6GB and that was just at christmas. I actually need to delete alot of it cause I'm running out of space on my pc.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 8:13 AM
Hi, I'm Tree4me, but my friends call me Liz.
"Hi Tree."

I have downloaded so much custom content so much I currently have 23GB of custom content, so I have just beaten you Magic! :P

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Site Helper
#6 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 2:12 PM
My CC is all on a disc now (which my husband has hidden. ) because I had so much that there wasn't enough room to de-frag the hard drive, and we were at 43% fragmentation. So I'm back down to 1.5 G (In two weeks)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tree4me
I have downloaded so much custom content so much I currently have 23GB of custom content, so I have just beaten you Magic! :P

Wow! 23GIG is just... insane! lol I can't even imagine how many hours it'll take for your game to load.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 3:43 AM
I don't use all of it, I just have a bad downloading habit. My parents are trying to cure me of it, but I just can't stop! I use about 3 GB of the stuff and it already takes yonks to load.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 7:12 PM
haha - I totally have that same problem.

Hmm, maybe it's not us though- people need to stop making some awesome cc! Hahha
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 7:05 AM
Exactly! If people made cc that wasn't so good, then we wouldn't be downloading too much!

This would make a great social group.

Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 10:47 PM
Wow, I thought I was bad. I only have 629 MB of custom content. I have over 10 GBs left on my hard drive out of 116 GB (Not including the other drive which has 108 GB), so plenty of room to download more. Haha.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 5:12 AM
My downloading of custom content is so insane, I have stopped doing homework. I have to sit at the computer and wait for the downloads to end, then...

"Oh. My. God. I. Want. That!"

Then I download that, and then I start uploading...

Field Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 10:14 AM
I almost doubled my download folder (but it's not 20G yet!!) when I started going through older stuff at MS2, and the checking out the links from the WCIF and Updated content on this forum. I can't resist!! So many lovely things!!

But to find them in the game is the really hard part. Where is that bowl with lemons? Where is the shelf with pottery? Where is that lovely Victorian wall? I end up going through all my cataloges again and again, searching for a spesific item...
Undead Molten Llama
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 3:15 PM
Yeah, that frustrates me too, Kyria. I download all this cool stuff and then I can never find it when I want it, especially the deco stuff which it seems can be cloned from just about anything, so it can be anywhere in the catalog. So I tend to go in cycles. I'll get a ton of stuff and then I'll get completely frustrated and get rid of all of it except the hacks, which are generally tiny files and I don't have to find them in a catalog, and the few things that I use all the time. Then I start over. I don't think I've ever had more than a GB or two, though. It's hard to tell because mine is broken out over about 10 different user accounts, each created for a specific purpose, like one for Legacy, one each for other challenges I decide to play that I want to keep separate from other games, one for experimental lot-building and working through tutorials, one for historical neighborhoods (so I can use global replacements for vehicles, for instance, without it affecting anything else), etc.

I think when I first discovered CC, I went totally crazy and dl'ed everything I could get my grubby hands on, but now I've whittled it down to the stuff I consistently use and have gotten rid of the stuff that looked nice in previews but that turned out to be bugged or plain old ugly in-game. So, I still have lots of nice stuff, but my game only takes about 1-10 minutes to load, depending on which user account I'm using.

EDIT: For those who get frustrated trying to find their CC in their buy catalog, I have just discovered the Categorizer at Paladin's Place . So I know what I'm doing tonight... (Yes, Deco section, I am looking at you. )
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 3:42 PM
I definitely need help as well! I decided I'd had enough when my game was taking 30 min + to load so I checked my DLs and saw that I had approx 44,000 (about 5GB).

So since then I have deleted all the crap I know I won't use (while still downloading new shiny pretties) and I am going through the stuff that's left to see what I do want. I have also decided to stop using realistic stuff and start using stuff that a bit more maxis-match (but not completely). I've been doing this for weeks now (I only really go on my puter on the weekends) and I'm so sad that I haven't been able to play. I'm really starting to think I'm sadly pathetic - I mean, I can't remember when the last time I got to play was and I have no end in sight to the organizing (so no idea when I will ever get to play). And through it all, I just don't have the heart or stomach to delete everything and start over

It's a sickness really...but one that I'm not overly prepared to be cured of just yet!