Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 9:25 PM
Default Way to determine FOR SURE a predestined hobby!
Note: these are the DEFAULT personalities given when you click on a star sign in Create-A-Sim. If you change the points around at all, the talent may be different.

Aries and Leo: Music and Dance
Gemini, Sagittarius, and Scorpio: Sports
Cancer and Pisces: Tinkering
Libra: Arts and Crafts
Taurus: Games
Capricorn: Cuisine
Aquarius: Nature
Virgo: Science
Bonus: If you use the 5-of-everything personality as often as I do, the natural talent is Cuisine.
I’m not sure that you can HAVE a natural talent in Film and Literature or Fitness.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 9:27 PM
it also bases on what they enjoy such as crime or food or school.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 9:30 PM
Any idea what the pattern is for sims born ingame? They seem to be assigned random astrological signs.
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kustirider2
it also bases on what they enjoy such as crime or food or school.

No, if you use the default personality for these star signs, I guarantee they will have the Natural Talent I listed. :D

Since interests change after a sim has been made, I don't think they have an effect.
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 9:36 PM
I all depends on the personality points.

Most of my Sims are either outgoing / active or outgoing / playful (and they're all slobby and have about equal nice and playful / active points) and for these personalities, the hobbies are fitness (outgoing / active) and nature (outgoing / playful).
transmogrified
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elekanahmen
I’m not sure that you can HAVE a natural talent in Film and Literature or Fitness.

3-4 of my legacy Sims (born in game) have Fitness as their natural talent. I'm also playing HP's megahood, where Coral Oldie has a natural enthusiasm for Film & Literature.
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 9:41 PM
Yes,, the personality points are key. For every possibly personality point combination, there is a specific Natural Talent.

But, my version is if you want ot make ABSOLUTELY SURE a sim has a natural talent in something, you can use the default starsigns to be sure.

(You can use cheats to change a sim's personality later, but I think their natural talent stays the same.)
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
3-4 of my legacy Sims (born in game) have Fitness as their natural talent. I'm also playing HP's megahood, where Coral Oldie has a natural enthusiasm for Film & Literature.

...oops.

In that case, I'll find some personalities that create those and list them.

Thanks for the notification!
Alchemist
#9 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 9:42 PM
i remember that i made a house with one woman who had kids with various different men and every single generation/kid had the same hobby
Instructor
#10 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elekanahmen

I do have a natural talent in fitness, a born in game sim actually. She's a Gemini, neat 5 points, outgoing 10, active 9, playful 2, nice 6 (Thanks SimPe).
transmogrified
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 9:51 PM
Don't know if this will help, but here's the spread on two of my Fitness Sims:

Tabitha (Gemini): Neatness 4, Outgoing 9, Active 8, Playful 3, Nice 3.
Raine (Sagittarius): Neatness 2, Outgoing 7, Active 9, Playful 7, Nice 4.

Oh, look, Nerina and I had the same idea. Looks like Outgoing and Active = Fitness.
#12 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 6:25 AM
As far as the Star signs, 4/5 in my Sim family are correct by your equation.. the only difference is that my Sim hubby is a Cancer, and has an unearthly talent for Games o_O
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 10:23 PM
Well, maybe you didn't use the exact Cancer personality that comes when you click it in CAS?
Instructor
#14 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 11:30 PM
Well, i'm only playing one family atm, and Claude the wife has Music&Dance and i chose her personality.
Meanwhile, i forgot to arrange Donny's personality so i have no clue what it is - i haven't checked yet. I still havent' discovered his predestined hobby.
I don't think it's cuisine, sports, tinkering, music & dance, arts & crafts, or Fitness.
But i may be wrong. :D

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Scholar
#15 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:29 PM
Snooty Sims have a whole page with the hobby/personality traits on it.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 9:02 PM
My sim Ashley has 3 Neat, 8 Outgoing, 10 Active, 8 Playful, and 6 Nice points, since she was born in-game, she has extra personality points, and her natural hobby is Fitness and Outgoing and Active seems to equal Fitness like you guys said.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Scholar
#17 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 2:48 AM
No wonder all my simmies are music and dance... I like to give lots of outgoing points.
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 7:47 PM
I have one sim that doesn't have a predestin hobby, he came with the game. his family came with apartments. anyways he's tried everyone, has points and those little green marks in every hobby but nothing that is a natural, no silver outline. the others in the house, all inborn sims, three our his kids. they all have differnt hobbies. So I'm not sure whats up with him.
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 11:29 PM
Ah ha! No wonder one of my Scorp sims constantly goes for Sports. As a Scorpio, I've gotta say that I'm about as far from being sporty as is humanly possible, heh. I'd have picked art or literature, as most of the Scorps I know are artsy or writerly.