Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 5:57 AM
Default Testing Cheat???
Has anyone else notice that the testing cheat is not working now???
It takes the cheat "as in no error" But no options, when you click on sim/object/mail box.
I seached all day to found one person that has notice this, and no one is talking, is it just me????
Thanks for any comments.
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 6:26 AM
The boolProp testing cheat works with all EPs. If it's not working in your game perhaps you have a technical issue with your game, in which case you will need to post in the MTS2 Help Forum as we don't support technical issues here.

http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Formerly known as boolPropped
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 8:03 PM
Hi simsuncensored,

I locked your thread because from what you wrote, it sounded like your cheat wasn't working and you needed tech help to get it working again.

Now that you've clarified in your PM, I can tell you this: userstartup.cheat files are put into your game automatically, including a short list of cheats. You can edit the list and remove the testingcheats cheat if you would like. Here is a tutorial about the userstartip.cheats file:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...erstartup.cheat

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boolPropped
Hi simsuncensored,

I locked your thread because from what you wrote, it sounded like your cheat wasn't working and you needed tech help to get it working again.

Now that you've clarified in your PM, I can tell you this: userstartup.cheat files are put into your game automatically, including a short list of cheats. You can edit the list and remove the testingcheats cheat if you would like. Here is a tutorial about the userstartip.cheats file:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...erstartup.cheat

I was refreashing my inbox for your reply hehe,
anyways yea I know about userstarftup cheats, I checked the file and didn't have any commands in it adcept the testing cheat enabled false, I removed it and my testingcheat is still not working, so guess I need techical help after all.
thanks, going to MTS2.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 4:24 PM
This might be stating the obvious, but are you "shift clicking" the mailbox? Whenever I use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, I have to hold shift and left click the mailbox.
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YesPlease
This might be stating the obvious, but are you "shift clicking" the mailbox? Whenever I use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, I have to hold shift and left click the mailbox.

Thanks for your reply, That is so stupid, and something I would totaly do lol.
I am sure that wasn't the problem at first, but after getting upset trying do many times, I may have did just that (or not do it) at the end. going to double check myself thanks.