Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 2:27 AM
Creating a backpack with morphs
Hi,

Im trying to create a backpack with morphs but I'm having trouble. Here is what I did: I cloned the black swim suit in TSR, used it as reference for morphs and bones in meshtoolkit. I'm using the backpack as left earring categorie (accessory). The "multiplier reference" I used was an earring, but it was the same size as a normal multiplier (you can see that my texture ended up covering the full body of the Sim).

Here is an image of what is happening:

Someone have an idea of what should I do, please? Wich reference mesh should I use to create morphs and bones and wich item should I clone? I have downloaded some backpacks to see what is like but they have no morphs, it was 'static'. I never created an accessory before, only clothes.

I have milkshape, workshop and meshtoolkit.

Thank you so much if anyone can help.

lavoieri.tumblr.com :)
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 12:56 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 21st Apr 2014 at 11:14 PM.
I would think pretty much any top mesh would be fine as a reference. The morph explosion in the top pic is probably caused by the vertex ID numbering overlapping with the top. You need to give the accessory its own separate range of vertex ID numbers, probably starting above 40,000 or so. This can be hard to do in TSRW since it renumbers automatically, so if you clone a top and import a mesh it'll be renumbered like a top.

The only EA morphing accessories you could clone are in WA and a couple of other expansions. I've done a similar custom morphing accessory, let me see if I can find it for you to clone.

Edit: Here's my accessory kneepads, classified as a necklace, in both .package and .wrk form. You should be able to import, replace the mesh with yours, and classify it as whatever accessory you want.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 12:29 AM
Oh my god thank you so much!!

Just need to confirm something, I imported your .wrk already and changed to female and left earring. Now I should import my mesh, but I'm not sure: I should use a top reference to morphs and bones and after import it to your .wrk? I won't lost the vertex id number or something like that? Or later I should use the verted id tool?

And just another dumb question, when I import a mesh TSR always open 2 pop ups, I always answer YES for both. Is that right?
I'm going to test everything just need to dinner fast, brb, and thank you so much

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 3:52 AM
Yes, use a top as reference for morphs and bones. TSRW should do the vertex renumbering.

Try clicking Yes to both pop ups. If you get an error, click No to the first one and Yes to the second.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 4:32 AM
I was testing here... I deleted cache files to test the new file.
The good news is that my morphs are working now, no splitted anymore ^_^
The bad news is my texture, still the same:

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 12:33 PM
Could you upload your .wrk file?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 7:39 PM
of course, here:
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Lara Croft Legend Backpack by Lavoieri.rar (990.1 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 11:14 PM
Sorry - I made these kneepads a very long time ago and had forgotten that this TSRW version of them didn't work. Try the version attached to this post - hopefully it will work.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  KneepadsTSRW2.zip (158.9 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

Sockpuppet
#9 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 11:33 PM
Here is a file you can also clone, think it is basegame compatible.
Never released it cos it is a bit to high polygon...

Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Bloom_afAccesoireAdaWongTopgear.7z (515.3 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 3:00 AM
Hi again and hi Bloomsbase, thanks for your help too. So, I tried the clonning with the two files, the second kneepad and adawongtopgear, but then I got the same splitted triangles when morphed, like before :\ I imported the mesh multiple times, combining "yes and no" in the pop-ups. It only worked with the first kneepad, but then my texture didn't work in game.

And I did note that the second kneepad has 4 lods, very high to low. And the adawongtopgear has 3 lods, very high to medium. You guys can add and delete lods? I didn't know that was possible.

If you have any ideas of how can I fix my texture (same covered up body above ^). Is there any way to change that 40000 thing but stay with Workshop?

Sockpuppet
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 2:55 PM
i made mine with tsrw, should not give any deformations on the morphs.
Can i see you file?
nm, you uploaded already.

You got to stick to a accesoire as original clone.
Converting clothing will not work.