Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:23 AM Last edited by melodoo : 17th Aug 2014 at 12:31 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default SOLVED My Sims refuse to age
I don't like to cheat, and I like to create big happy families. One of my daughters, in the fourth generation, won't age.
Everyone gets excited for her birthday, and the "Age Up" or whatever it is in her queue, but then it just stops.
She's currently a toddler, and won't age into a child. I've scoured the web for solutions for the past six hours, tried everything I can think of

- Using the birthday cake
- testingcheatsenabled true "Trigger Age"
- resetsim and then both of the above
- shift clicking and editing in Create-A-Sim (stuck infinitely in loading screen)
- moving out (stuck infinitely in loading screen)
- editing town
- removing all custom content from my game then all of the above
- deleting the cache's in the documents folder
- downloading "The Master Controller" which I don't think is updated for this patch, and broke my game. I had the saves backed up so no worries.

At this point I'm just beyond frustrated, but I've put so many hours into this family... I don't know what to do.
Any ideas to anything else I can try out?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:38 AM
master controller:
there are different versions of Master Controller for all patch levels- so on which patch level are you? if your game is fully patched you can use the latest version of Master Controller thats available at nraas.

patch level:
if your game isnt fully patched you should do so. a lot of errors are due to unpatched the sims 3 versions. of course you need to sort your mods out that arent for the latest patch level then and redownload newer versions of these! Game Help:TS3 Patching or see here: Game Help:TS3 Patching:Patch Download

the aging trouble:
do you use sims from the exchange? if they were created with aging set off they wont age even if your aging is set to true / enabled...Crinrict Aging Troubles
also other simmers encountered aging problems in "overstuffed" households like here: http://modthesims.info/t/527327

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 12:26 PM
Alright, somehow silly me downloaded an old outdated version of the master controller. Whoops.

Reinstalled the updated patch for 1.67, forced a hard reset, she still wouldn't age naturally.
Using the Master Controller to trigger her age transition works, however!

Thank you!!!