Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 2:15 PM
Default Make boat with sloped walls
Hello,

For my new, work in progress, Sims 3 world I have some lots placed half on the sea so that you can build realisticly into the terrain and make boats etc.

However i'm a bit stuck now.

Does anyone know if it's possible to make sloped walls, that not only have one side sloped but the entire large side.

Here is a paint of what I mean:

Black = The sides
Red = Lowest (underwater?) level
Blue = Deck level

I Think I have seen shapes like this before when I played around with walls, foundations and the constrainfloorelevation cheat, but they seem nearly impossible to do when you want them to do

Thanks for any help on this, I know i've been asking alot of near to the impossible stuff lately, but isn't that the most fun, renewing and challenging to build?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 3:33 PM
No it's not possible to use build tools to do this, but you may be able to find, or create, objects that will fit against walls to give this effect on the outside.

Or... I wonder if anyone has made a fence that could do this. Then you just make the higherfloor one tile larger all round than the lower floor.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 4:55 PM
Thanks, maybe I could play around with the Retaining Wall fence, but the front wouldn't look so nice I guess
dodgy builder
#4 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 9:51 PM
By using cfe and a headache of click, click, click you may be able to lift the side floor tiles to do that. Some people here at MTS used to do that before. I've never done it, so can't help you much. Whoden made a glass pyramid, and I think he must have used the floor to do it, but I don't really know.
#5 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 9:58 PM
well the other way round, narrower at the top, is possible like that, but not widening at the top

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
dodgy builder
#6 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 10:22 PM
I just couldn't understand the logic in that, so perhaps this is suitable?

Boat with sloped boug by Volvenom, on Flickr

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 8:53 AM
That looks exactly as I want it yes

I will try to build it next time, looks really hard though
dodgy builder
#8 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 9:14 AM
Didn't even take me an hour, lol. Just a few minute. I just placed the tiles on the foundation a bit further out and lifted them with cfe against the outer regular walls

I didn't even know it would be that easy. Now I can make it for my own world as well, so thanks for the kick in the butt
#9 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 9:21 AM
So what exactly is the blue bit? Ceiling tiles?

dodgy builder
#10 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 10:43 AM
It's the floortiles underneath yes, or ceiling tiles
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 7:13 PM
I know this is super super late, but how did you do those sloped walls? I would love to know this.
dodgy builder
#12 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 9:57 PM
I don't remember, but it looks like I built 2 walls, one within the other, and lowered the inner one with stairs and cfe ... or something.