Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 8:49 PM
Default New Patch - 31st March
Apparently, when you go into the game through the launcher, there's a new patch to download. I've been searching the official forum, and other places for a list of what it's supposed to fix before I download it, but haven't found anything yet..

Just wanted to give the folks here a heads-up about the patch

UPDATE - found a link; this is all it says :S
http://launcher.thesimsmedieval.com/ (click on the underlined patch to get the info)
In case that doesn't work, the patch only 'fixes game instability issues encountered by some players.'
No other details? No specifics? Hmmm.... since my game works well at the moment, I don't think I'll download this just yet without specifics on what it does...

...Titanium white...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 9:04 PM
According to a user in simforum.de the changelog of the patch is dated April 1st and simply says that some stability issues are solved.

oh, and the user warned that the savegame might get corrupted if a quest is active.
Giblets for hire
#3 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 11:52 PM
I'm guessing it resolves the crashes with the security upgrade.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 1:09 AM
Why are people so afraid of patches? It may take an extra one or two to fix everyting, but it was a non-issue on a new released game for me. There was no CC to mess up, and following directions is still adviseable from time to time.

Burn The midnight oil, it will be daylight soon...
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:32 AM
patch notes: http://launcher.thesimsmedieval.com...ches/1856847366 (or should I say "note" )

And the patch does warn you that installing will reset your active quest, if you have one... just as well, because everything was going wrong for me on that quest
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:34 AM
Billy

On previous occasions EA have released patches that actually make the game less stable, in a few cases they have had to take the patches down. But people have had their games ruined in the past. So that is why people get nervous and want to know exactly what it fixes.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 6:27 AM
in my game the camera seems a bit more stable now less jerky anyway

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 8:06 AM
I wanna know what's in the patch though before installing it. I don't want it messing up my gameplay
Instructor
#9 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 8:09 AM
The patch note was kinda vague. Does anyone know if this patch addresses the BSOD issues?
Scholar
#10 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 9:58 AM
I don't know if it's because of just the patch or my having the core hack too, but since I installed the patch yesterday, I can't complete Fountain Of Legend any more. After I talk to the King to request releasing either of the two guys from the stocks (I literally tried once with the monk and once with the peasant), the quest is in limbo. There doesn't seem to be any person I can pay the fee to. Clicking the King is missing that option entirely. I tried the advisor too, and for that matter the builder, executioner, guy in stocks, nope, the option just isn't there. :/

So I guess there can be a reason to fear patches after all...
Inventor
#11 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 10:14 AM
I'd say, take out the core mod and try without
Scholar
#12 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 10:35 AM
Ah, nevermind. Looks like my memory was failing me and there was one more step before getting that choice. Sorry about that.
Instructor
#13 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 1:00 PM
Quote:
Moraelin says:

After I talk to the King to request releasing either of the two guys from the stocks (I literally tried once with the monk and once with the peasant), the quest is in limbo. There doesn't seem to be any person I can pay the fee to. Clicking the King is missing that option entirely. I tried the advisor too, and for that matter the builder, executioner, guy in stocks, nope, the option just isn't there. :/

You need to click on a Messenger Box to pay the fine, then go get a Pardon from the Advisor. You should be able to proceed from there.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Inventor
#14 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 2:10 PM
My game plays so much better after the patch and all the mods are working fine after. I played for several hours after the patch. I use integrated video on my computer and I was having video problems before. It would be like a CTD, but the screen would just black out and the game would drop to desktop for a couple of minutes and then come back up, but after the patch, that doesn't happen to me anymore.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Scholar
#15 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 3:32 PM
ok i moved everything out of the medieval folder...patched my game...moved it all back and all is well..my saves were fine and i am playing it now...

--oh and i agree the camera seems to be less jerky...!!--
Instructor
#16 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 5:09 PM
I installed it too, nothing crazy happened and the mods works fine.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Mad Poster
#17 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 7:03 PM
I hesitantly patched but it didn't affect my active quests at all...so, good.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 7:38 PM
I think the major bug the patch fixed was the crash caused by going to level 7 security.
Instructor
#19 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 9:45 PM
And everyone in the Kingdom rejoiced, they were lifted up by the Watcher as they knew they were truely his chosen!
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 11:22 PM
It'd be nice if the launcher patching process actually worked for a change.
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 11:28 PM
The new patch hasn't fixed my launcher as it still trys to install the game each time I put the disc in. Its a pain as I get an error each time saying the game is already installed.
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 11:40 PM
Ok...I might be a dummy but, what mods and core mods, where? I didn't think there were any for this game yet...someone enlighten me please. Thanks!
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 11:46 PM
yes, what mods. I know about the debug and testing cheats stuff. Is there more?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 11:55 PM
If you are using "auto-run" that will happen. If the game installed correctly, you should have a shortcut on your desktop to get to the launcher and click on the green play button. The green play button shouldn't have anything to do with installing the game.

Quote: Originally posted by elkieluca3
The new patch hasn't fixed my launcher as it still trys to install the game each time I put the disc in. Its a pain as I get an error each time saying the game is already installed.

Never burn bridges, you may need to cross them again! - Kalamity_Katie
Eminence Grise
#25 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mspurple54
Ok...I might be a dummy but, what mods and core mods, where? I didn't think there were any for this game yet...someone enlighten me please. Thanks!

There's a sticky "mods" thread at the top of this forum.

Besides the stuff people have made for TSM, a few types of TS3 mods will work, more or less
Page 1 of 2