Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 12:39 AM
Default Timed Locking Door
Has anyone an idea if there has been made either a modded object or global type mod that would lock a selected door or doors at a specified time, for say household members, and unlock it again at another specified time?

If not may someone offer some insight as how to proceed?

In OFB, having a home business creates unwelcome traffic in my home that should only be directed to the building meant for business. I am interested in making the doors to the home lock before the timed business sign opens, and unlock after it is set to close. The file name of the sign I use is "ijTimedOpenCloseSign" if that helps.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 2:01 AM
This may be a little advanced, especially if you have no prior modding experience. Have you worked with BHAVs before? If not, you need to start small with the beginner's tutorial: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=142907

In theory, you would have an object that idles, constantly checking the time or the "open/closed" state of the business. When the time comes, it would loop through the doors on the lot and set their locked/unlocked state accordingly. Now the trick would be to know what doors to lock/unlock, especially on the scale of an entire lot.

If it were me, I would make it work on a per-room basis. That is, you would have an object physically placed in each family-only room. Then when the time comes, it can simply lock/unlock the doors that are in that room.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...