Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 2:48 AM
Default Cloth problem
What might have gone wrong that the Child's outfit which textures I changed, shows in CAS like I did no change

This is how I did all:
-Opened CTU, selected child, male, body - cmBodyStreetBall
-Extracted it meshes to desktop (since I need to change the bump map)
-Closed CTU and reopened it, selected the same mesh
-Then add new blank design and selected the Meshes part of CTU, Gave new name and selected load1,load2,load3 to the their slots, and lastly imported the new normal map to bump map slot then hit commit.
- Then I saved it as outfit on desktop. Closed CTU reopened it and opened that saved file to change the textures and other details.
-I replaced Basetexture, specular, overlay and mask then hit commit.
-Went into othercategory to change the 4 channels RGBA into 3 channels RGB - commit.
- Back to degisn, pattern. Changed pattern A, B and C. and commit.

That's about it, I didn't make any part category changes or more. Then I saved it with new name and closed CTU. When I test the package in the game it just looks like the original outfit without any change. But when I open the package in the CTU it looks as it should look.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 3:14 AM
Few things can cause this but first i want to know if you changed the format of the mask texture.?
3 channel RGB outfits use a DXT1/no alpha format on the Mask DDS file while a 4 channel RGB uses DXT5/interpolated alpha, check that first?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 3:49 AM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 30th Nov 2010 at 4:06 AM.
I saved the mask as DXT1 since I deleted the alpha channel. Or should save it as DXT5 even if I do only use 3 channels in this cloth since the original has 4channels.

Edit: um well I saved the mask now as DXT5, leaving alpha channel behind (in the corner in the map where it wouldnt be affecting the cloth apearance) And now the cloth works in CAS.
So does this mean that if some cloth has originally 4channels RGBA it shouldnt be changed into 3channels ?
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 5:36 AM
If you using CTU then yes.

You normally change the format on the mask texture when going from a 3 colored outfit to a 4 colored(or vice versa) but CTU needs to be updated on that part.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 5:50 AM
Alright Thanks!