Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 11:44 PM
Default Is there a way to edit a terrain map someone else created?
I found a beautiful custom terrain, and it's everything I have ever wanted in a terrain for my 'hood. But when I opened it up in-game, there is a problem with how the creator used SC4. They put in a bridge, and on one side of the bridge there is no connecting road-- instead, the road meets the side of the bridge at a 90 degree angle. This neighbourhood is perfect aside from that, and I am not good enough at SC4 to create a large neighbourhood yet. So I was wondering if there is a way to fix this problem (or at the very least, delete the bridge). I can post a screenshot if necessary.

I have no idea how to contact the creator; I also read somewhere they don't have time TS2 anymore and their computer is too old for the game. And I obviously wouldn't upload this as my own work-- I just want that one small thing fixed.

Also, sorry if I posted this in the wrong place; I'm always worried I've done that.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 12:02 AM
You can change the terrain with the change terrain cheat and just smooth it down near the bridge. You might need to move the bridge first, bit it shouldn't be too hard.
modifyNeighborhoodTerrain [on/off] You use the [ ] \ and P buttons.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can change the terrain with the change terrain cheat and just smooth it down near the bridge. You might need to move the bridge first, bit it shouldn't be too hard.
modifyNeighborhoodTerrain [on/off] You use the [ ] \ and P buttons.

I have no idea how to move the bridge.

Here is a picture. (Please excuse my poor graphics lol.)

Site Helper
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 2:02 AM
Do you have SimCity 4? If so, you can import the SC4 file into a small city in SimCity 4 and make the changes there.

That looks like a SimCity 4 bridge and not the Sims 2 neighborhood deco bridge, so that may be the only way to fix it.

[Update:]

Wait a minute! The HoodReplace program can be used to remove bridges. Create a neighborhood with the SC4, create a second neighborhood with any SC4, then use HoodReplace to copy everything except the bridges from the first hood to the second hood. Voila. No bridge.

Once you've got what you want, you can delete the first hood.