Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:19 AM
Default what are the diffrences between the diffrent lot types new with LN?
where is the Food Truck parking spot at? what menu, so that i can add them. (maybe its behind the same cheat code?)

new lot types some of these may be self explanitory but i want to be sure EXACTLY how they are diffrent and how each one works andwhat they do before i go playing around with editing lots. i haven't been able to get the guide book for nightlife yet every store i have tried local is out.

anyone willing to help? didn't know where else to go.

Local watering hole
dive bar
sports bar

fusion lounge
exclusive lounge
vampire lounge [I assume this is a vampire only loung?]

dance club
disco club
poolside club

hangout not new but unsure?

chinese garden (how are they diffrent than a park or something?)

thanks for any help.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:42 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 29th Oct 2010 at 3:45 AM.
As for the food truck, I've seen other people ask that and I haven't seen an answer yet

The answers to the other questions are in the XML files. Basically, each lot type attracts different kinds of sims, in terms of traits and skills. I believe the new LN lots also have different opening hours and attracts different numbers of celebs.

Hangout comes from Ambitions; Chinese Garden comes from WA (and presumably the associated patches). The special feature of the chinese garden is you skill faster there.

Don't have time right now, but I'll try to take a look in the XML files later, if somebody else doesn't beat me to it. I think the answer is also in the Prima guide, but there's never any guaranteeing that's accurate

Edit: Well, I found the info, but there's a lot of it and it's not that easy to summarize I'd suggest you take a look yourself, and then you'll know how to answer all such questions for yourself in the future.

Tut on how to open XML resources (note: you'll need to use the gameplaydata file in your Late Night folder): http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Tuning_Modding

The resource you want to look at is called Venues. The Late Night venues are towards the bottom. There's also additional venue data on the different venue types (opening hours, food, drinks etc.) in the Bars resource.
Theorist
#3 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 12:05 PM Last edited by Captain THPS4 : 30th Oct 2010 at 6:14 AM.
From my findings regarding the food truck there seems to be an EA glitch preventing it from appearing properly in buy mode. When I used the eyedropper tool on an EA lot that came with the parking space, the space cloned successfully but it went to the "all" section of community objects without highlighting an object. On top of that, you can't delete the parking space either. Even with the parking spaces already on the two lots in my hood though, I've never seen the truck actually driving around. Maybe it will be easier to see with Awesomemod's supreme commander feature. Until EA patches the patch I guess the only solution is to take an EA lot that comes with it, and delete everything else so you can do whatever you want.