Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 12:45 PM
Default Help
I have made 5 objects a lamp, bed spread, sofa, chair and loveseat.
I'm finding the sofa chair and loveseat show up 3 times in the game.
I have removed the bak, and package to get rid of them but there still in the game. I made the objects the same way so I don't know why just the seating items are 3 and not all 5 of the items.

Please help.

1 why this might of happened and 2 how do I get rid of them.
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 5:01 PM
First off, let's clear up that the .bak files are completely useless and should be never put in the Downloads (they are ignored by the game anyway).

As for your creations, I think that you have in your Downloads older versions of these objects. Perhaps, you have put them by mistake in another folder, instead of Downloads: search for them in the entire "The Sims 2" folder and subfolders.

You say you have removed all the 5 packages (and the .bak, too), and still you see in the catalog 3 copies of the sofa and chair; they should have the "custom content" asterisk, right? Then you should be able to select them and delete them directly from the catalog. Try this too.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 12:37 AM
Do two or more your objects take their color from the same source object? Once I colored a dublebed and single. My recolors showed up more than once.