Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rabbit Hole Replacement Project(Updated March 8 2011)

by Raven Shadow Posted 25th Feb 2011 at 12:01 PM - Updated 21st Aug 2011 at 8:06 PM by Raven Shadow : Added new objects

186 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 70 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 4 of 8
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Erwinsims
Thank you so much for these!

You are a hero!

My opinion, why would anyone want a COMMERCIAL item on a RESIDENTIAL lot??

Don't take it at face value. Why would anyone really want to put a mall into your house? But to all honesty, commercial and residential are only TS3 values. There are a few lots that I want to be, say, a hotel, in which I want sims to rent rooms and sleep there, for example. This would perfectly call for a commercial item on residential lot.

But as someone else point out, it may not be easy to get sims to go there.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 2nd May 2011 at 7:15 AM
The bottleneck problem, of too many sims is a long standing problem.
These rabbit hole replacements won't fix the the problem, but you can try placing
multiple of one that is having this problem, in the hopes that the game will spread
the sims out more evenly between them.
I.E. Having multiple schools "should" cause the game to distribute the children
amongst them.

Right now I'm using what little spare time i have to look at elevators, afterwards
I will look into having multiple entries for the rabbit holes whose EA counterparts
have them.

My apologies to the mac users, I don't know anything about macs, or about TS3
mods on one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 2nd May 2011 at 10:09 PM
I've just downloaded these and will test them out in my world. I am so excited - finally, no more ugly EA rabbit holes for my island paradise! Many thanks!!!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 5th May 2011 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Raven Shadow
My apologies to the mac users, I don't know anything about macs, or about TS3 mods on one.

Well, EA doesn't know either - sometimes an update will fix all my cc issues, and then the next will break stuff again. My best guess is that it's mostly a graphics issue.
Somebody high up in Tech Support told me they don't have Macs to test on at EA - in my view, that means they shouldn't sell a Mac version...

I discovered that the subway and the day spa do work, the grocery and bookstore crash my game during loading, the city hall and military base don't cause crashes but they don't show up either... I'm just going to keep on experimenting... :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 7th May 2011 at 1:42 PM
Thanks!!! Although I have no idea what this is.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 14th May 2011 at 9:16 AM
I'm using twallan's career mod... will it not cause any problem with the mod? since the mod is using the rabbit holes.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 14th May 2011 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Majuchan
I'm using twallan's career mod... will it not cause any problem with the mod? since the mod is using the rabbit holes.

oh well, i figured it out.. xD

I quit the game then cleared my caches then when I opened it again, Twallan's mod works perfectly fine.. thanks for such a great mod... =3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#83 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 12:19 AM
Hi Raven,

I'm currently making an elaborate custom TS3 world and I would like to feature your rabbithole objects in game. Will all credit going to you of course.

I obviously would want and need your blessing to do so. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
Test Subject
#84 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 8:19 AM
Okay, So used your mod today for the first time, the Rabbit Holes show up However none of my sims can go in. As soon as I tell my sim to go to work he says whoo hoo and then the interaction goes away. Then I keep getting a lot of story logs saying that my other sims in the neighborhood are lazy because they are skipping work. The only two that I used was the theatre and the stadium. I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it has anything to do with Generations.
Test Subject
#85 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 8:53 PM
By replacements, do you mean that it actually gets rid of the game-made building rabbitholes and replaces them with doors and rugs?
And maybe it's just me but I don't get how someone would use rugs as a rabbithole.
Anyway I love the idea though, or creating your own rabbithole-like places without having to use the same buildings. Good work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 11:46 AM
sorry, i been working the graveyard and haven't had much any time for TS3,
Ill, look into as soon as i can.

Cereal_Killer, everyone is free to include the doors/rugs with their worlds,
thanks for asking
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 12:28 PM
Ok, a quick check indicates that there's no patches released with generations,
so the objects they were made from are unchanged.
Any problems you are having maybe caused by conflicts with other CC or
you're nor placing the doors correctly.
They have to be placed on a wall that has atleast 1 extra space on each side of the door (2 is preferred), and make sure the green placement arrow is facing outward,
the direction the sims will enter from.
Sims can only enter a Rabbit Hole Door from 1 direction , the front side, and can only exit from the backside.
When placing one, the placement arrow points to the front side of the door, this side
must accessible or sims will stomp their feet and display a thought bubble with
footprints, overlayed with a red crossed-out circle.
Test Subject
#88 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 5:26 AM
Is it not possible to rename the rabbit holes other than the subway station? Ctrl+shift+click only works on the subways.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#89 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 8:36 PM
Natalie, you can rename them by opening the package in S3PE and editing the STBL for your language.
There is no way to change their names in-game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#90 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 10:44 PM
I'm crossing my fingers that these will work for me. Couple of questions, though. Is the corner store rabbit hole included? I can't tell from the icons what each rug represents. Would you be so benevolent as to possibly provide a description for each icon, for those of us not familiar? Pretty please? *smiles sheepishly*

Thank you for providing these, though
Test Subject
#91 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 12:33 PM
So how do I tell which STBL file is for my language? Or do I have to change all of them?
Test Subject
#92 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 1:59 AM
Hey Can i run this with awesome mod and master controller?
Field Researcher
#93 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:29 PM Last edited by bakafox : 9th Jul 2011 at 12:15 AM.
If and when you have time, was curious- is there any way you think they can be edited so that you can place them on not-rabbithole community lots (or residential or whatnot) where they also won't overwrite the other map tag?

Example is, I use your rug to put criminal rabbithole as part of a dive bar's lot. However, in map view, Sims now only see the criminal label, I can't tell them to go to the bar directly from map button, I have to zoom to lot and just manually tell them "Visit this lot".

EDIT: also to help folks asking- I run Nraas mods, both Master Controller and Overwatch (and WooHooer) and Buzzler's Moar Interactions and these work fine and dandy for me with alla those. Also worked when I used Awesome for a bit.
Test Subject
#94 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 2:04 AM
aww it crashed and corrupted my game file >_< but im not sure which mod caused it
Awesome mod Master controller or this mod >_< its happened twice already
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#95 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 12:46 AM
Crashley1784 , Yes it's the one marked Grocery Store.

Sugartime, well , if you're playing the english language version of the game, it should
be the STBL with IID 0x00000000.

Fiddy, Those are Core Mods, mine are Object Mods, they "should" work fine with mine.

Bakafox, I'm sorry, the game cotrols the placement of the tags.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#96 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 12:49 AM
Fiddy, you're game crashed because you either have mod conflict or the wrong version of a mod installed.
trty deleting the cache files for the world and reloading it. if that fails, then the save is corrupted, and that was caused by a Core Mod, object Mods dont corrupt the save file,
they can cause problems with the caches files.
Test Subject
#97 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 8:45 AM
what is a rabbit hole im new to the sims games is it buildings you cant see in? if so do these let me make a building that i can use as a eg-school and see in it as well?
Test Subject
#98 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 5:40 AM
I downloaded the doors today and installed them in my game. I cleared my caches, including the world cache but they are not showing up in my game. I also tried the rugs and they are not showing up either. What am I doing wrong?

I had your original rugs and they worked fine, I just wanted doors instead.
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#99 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 2:02 AM
Yay! I can now build my own rabbit holes :3
Test Subject
#100 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 12:54 AM
Hello... is there a Bistro door or rug because I don't see it in my downloads? Thanks.
Page 4 of 8