Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 5:32 PM
Default Mods to affect/add behaviors.
Sorry if this is in the wrong sections (mods, feel free to move this if needed)

I've been looking for a mod of some kind that can change or add behaviors or add some logic complexity to current autonomous actions in The Sims 4.

The change I'm currently interested in is a script or other mod that will prompt an autonomous intent to change clothes depending on where a Sim is. For example, when a Sim goes to sleep, they automatically switch to one of their sleepwear sets, however when they wake up, nothing prompts them to want to change back to Everyday clothes unless they do something that requires the change, like going to school or taking a bath. That said, I've seen times where a Sim might wake up and the first autonomous action they can think of is to run out to the front yard and start tending the garden...in their most intimate PJs....in plain view of all passersby. I can understand some Sims might be secure enough not to care about this, but I'm pretty sure most people would prefer to get dressed before going outside.

What I'd like to see is a mod that has one of two purposes (or both if possible). When a Sim wakes up, an internal timer is set, similar to the current towel mod for when Sims get out of the bath/shower, that prompts the Sim to automatically switch to an Everyday outfit. Similarly, I'd like to see some autonomous evaluations of a Sim's next action to determine if it's appropriate to get dressed before doing it. Sims that are feeling confident or have traits that would make them not easily embarrassed might not care as much about what they're wearing, but the average Sim should prefer to get dressed before going anywhere that they might be seen by other Sims besides those they have a romantic attachment with.
Examples: I have a family of four, a mother, father, teenage daughter and child son. The parents will have no problem being in their PJs in the same room as each other, but will prefer to get dressed before walking around the house where their kids might see. The teenage daughter might be similar, preferring to get dressed before even leaving her room, except if she needs to run to the bathroom immediately after waking up. The son might be a little more innocent, and has no problem walking around the house in his PJs, but at least knows not to walk outside without getting dressed first.

Another mod I'd be looking for would add some additional evaluation before deciding to take a nap. I've noticed that when a Sim's energy level is low, and they are considering queuing an action for sleep, if it's considered day, they automatically default to napping on the nearest usable object. I'd like to add some additional logic that if their energy level is low enough, such as in the red range, the Sim will prefer to sleep in their bed, no matter what time of day it is.
Recently I've had an issue where my teen will come home from school tired and end up napping on the front porch bench, and barely gain any energy, then be woken with a need to eat or use the restroom or a similar problem. Once those issues are solved, she'll decide to go nap on the living room couch, again barely restoring any energy and making other activities like doing homework impossible. Finally she might wake up later in the evening and decide to finally go upstairs to her bed and go to sleep properly, after having wasted the entire evening uselessly napping around the house.
Instead of this, I feel like the correct logic should have been to go directly to sleep in her bed. Not only would this have restored her energy much more quickly, I can just wake her up after a few hours to deal with her other needs like food and bathroom and still have time to do homework and read a book or something before sending her back to bed later that night.

Lastly, and this one might not be possible, is to add a behavior mod to include habits. For example, if I keep telling my Sim child to do his homework and extra credit as soon as he gets home from school, he should start queuing up this action on his own, assuming other needs aren't more important, and even then he should want to follow the habits I've set for him as soon as the more pressing needs are handled. If I always tell my teen to go to bed at 11PM, regardless of her energy level, she should start to prefer autonomously going to bed around that time, since that sets her up to be ready for school the next day.
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 7:54 PM
Hello,

I don't know of a pre-made mod that does all that However you can create your own tuning mod that is set to an object like a door, wall hanging, plant, etc. Check out Sims4Studio for instructions - http://db.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=586034 Good luck.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Hello,

I don't know of a pre-made mod that does all that However you can create your own tuning mod that is set to an object like a door, wall hanging, plant, etc. Check out Sims4Studio for instructions - http://db.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=586034 Good luck.

That link seems to only work for staff on the site.

I've been looking at tutorials to make my own mods, but haven't quite gotten a grasp of it yet, so I was looking to see if there was already something made that could be adapted to my ideas. Can these tuning mods influence the autonomy like that, or am I just making up a tweak to an item that tricks the existing AI into doing what I want?