Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 9:32 AM
Default Sims 3 Neighbours medieval clothing?
Hi everyone, this is my first thread in here :-) I have this wonderful Medieval city where there is no cars, only medieval clothing and storylines. I do have one problem though.
I have searched and searched for someone with the same issue, but no luck.

When neighbours grow up they are wearing normal Sims clothing. Which looks ridicoulus in the medieval city. Is there any way of preventing this? Can you choose default sets for neighbours to wear?

I have tried to delete the basegame clothing (Everything else I have is medieval clothing) but seems like this is not possible. And it is a big city so just using CAS for everytime you see someone in odd clothing, that takes time ;-) Is there a mod for this or anything really? Thank you so much in advance.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 9:36 AM
I doubt you can, it's like in Sims 2. You can't prevent the clothes they are going to wear but I'm sure I was like buying clothes before they were growing up, and I think there was a slight chance of the sim wearing the specified cloth I bought for him/her. I don't know anything more than this, sorry.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 9:41 AM
Oh :-( But thank you so much for the quick anwser! Unfortunaly Sims 3 don't have a buy clothing option, maybe it is easier to not let them grow up.. And let them stay in the same clothing until the storyline needs them to grow up, and then you could use CAS. Hehe. But thank you :-)
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 9:44 AM
That sounds good )
And no problem, I'm just sorry I can't help more.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 9:56 AM
That's allright :-) Thank you for the anwser though
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 10:00 AM
You're welcome ^_^
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 10:05 AM
I think Castle Keep-Populated by AuntieLynds (I think) might have a populated town all in medieval clothing - it runs quite laggy on mine though, which is why I haven't really played it much yet! (And that's WITH all of the NRaas mods). Hope that helps a little.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 11:34 PM
If you install Master Controller with the CAS extension you can blacklist any clothing you don't like. Not only will it not be chosen to wear, it won't even show in the catalog. I haven't really played with this so I don't know what kind of side effects (lag, etc.) you might get if you blacklist practically everything.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 12:34 AM
One time while playing my own kind of medieval only world, I got really sick of constantly going into CAS to change their clothing back into medieval themed outfits. So what I did was stuck a house way off to the side, built a large family with each age category, 1 female toddler, 1 male toddler, 2 teens (male/female), 2 YA (male/female) and 2 adults(male and female) I gave them all medieval style outfits and locked them into the lot, turned off aging for only them and every time I saw a sim running around the world in normal clothing I went back to my house and using NRAAS mods I transferred clothing from the ageless sim to whatever female or male sims in my world that was wearing normal clothes. I dont usually like to keep seniors around, but I think if you used NRAAS master control mod you could open clothing between adults and seniors and maybe then once they age up they wont need to change into another outfit.
I wish there was another easier way.....
Kind of a pain, but much better option then having to load CAS all the time. With NRAAS mods I also turned off, change work clothes, change karate clothing, made sure there were no salon dressers etc to prevent sims from changing their clothes. The most annoying thing that I couldn't seem to stop was when the kids would jump on a chair and pretend to be king or whatever, they would change their clothes, or put on that stupid helmet...grrrrrrrrrr VERY annoying.

Good Luck!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 3:33 AM
There's a program called Easy CASP Editor which you can use to disable all the modern clothings for random (it's gonna take a few hours to do this, cause you have to do it one by one) therefore when NPCs age they won't be rolled modern clothes. Of course you have to make sure your medieval stuff are Valid for Random too.
Alchemist
#11 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 4:44 AM
This is the reason why we should hate Dragon Valley... It's just a world full of illusion.

Just call me Nikel
Forum Resident
#12 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 5:05 AM
I think NRaas Dresser is the mod you need... I've never used it, but it looks like it could do what you want.

Alternatively, I believe there's a mod on this site that will ban all base game clothing - hgirl2k has done various things...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 5:15 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for the great anwsers! I have downloaded Easy CASP Editor and I am almost through all my EPs and BASE game clothes which I unmarked on "Valid for random" so I will try and test to see if this works.

I'll update aftwards
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 6:06 PM
@glastduke2132

Okay, so I went through all EPs and the base game and started playing :-) I also remebered to delete cache and basically started over. No installed world or anything else. But even though I have unmarked "Valid for random" on all items in all editions (expect from custom CC, which I want to use) nothing really changes :-( I can see the file being generated into mods -> Packages, but I can't seem to make it work. Any suggestions?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gaxili
@glastduke2132

Okay, so I went through all EPs and the base game and started playing :-) I also remebered to delete cache and basically started over. No installed world or anything else. But even though I have unmarked "Valid for random" on all items in all editions (expect from custom CC, which I want to use) nothing really changes :-( I can see the file being generated into mods -> Packages, but I can't seem to make it work. Any suggestions?

This will not change the outfits sims are already wearing, it will just prevent new sims to grow up into the items you don't want. To change the outfit of current sims you'll have to use MC.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 6:33 PM
Ani_ - This is fantastic! Thank you so much. I cleared the world and now all of it is working like a charm. Thank you all for your help :-)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
To change the outfit of current sims you'll have to use MC.

Quote: Originally posted by gaxili
Ani_ - This is fantastic! Thank you so much. I cleared the world and now all of it is working like a charm. Thank you all for your help :-)

Or kill everybody
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 6:37 PM
Haha - I can't keep up with the spawns though!
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
This is the reason why we should hate Dragon Valley... It's just a world full of illusion.

Right now I'm hating on Dragon Valley because all of the premade residential lots have interior designs that are just as bad as Debacle Bay. And the 'downtown' is cramped. And yellow taxis; just as appropriate in Dungeon Valley as they are in Lunar Lakes. And like all Store worlds, it completely ignores all the EPs, SPs, and Store Sets I have installed. And three different colored stadium RHs. What's with that?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 5:18 AM
I have no idea! I was disappointed as well. I played for a while, but decided to use modthesims.info/t/488232 It is so wonderful. You should definitely give it a try if you like Medieval worlds :-)

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/