Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 3:09 PM
Default Aspiration Rewards Backfire
My Sim was in platinum (not perma plat) and the Energizer almost killed her... is there a hack out yet to fix this? I see that Pinstar listed a work around to change your aspiration and then change it back, but that is if you are in perma plat which she is not..

anyone have any thoughts or should I just not use aspiration rewards until the patch??

Lori
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:03 PM
I am having a similar issue; I have one sim who doesn't seem to leave platinum mode (however, he has NOT acheived a LTW, so I don't know why he'd be in perm plat)...and he can't use any aspiration reward without it going horribly wrong. What's the deal, does anyone know?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 2:39 AM
There is a thread regarding this in the tech help forum at MTS2 and also a link in that thread to the corrosponding one at MATY.

ETA: it -appears- that chosing pleasure as a secondary aspiration is causing the bug. The temporary work-around fix is in those threads.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Instructor
#4 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:16 AM
Somebody over at Naver(a Korean web portal site) has the same problem.

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Inventor
#5 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:17 AM
Interesting. I have had several aspiration rewards backfire lately with sims who have no secondary aspiration. One of my nature sims is forever wanting to see rain/hail/snow, so I use the weather controller to keep him happy. Only problem is that even on platinum it ends up 'raining' fireballs. He's still alive, despite a few close calls, but has managed to kill off about half the townie population so far :laugh:

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site