Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2014 at 3:09 PM
Default AllSimsMods: steals and reuploads CCs
I stumbled upon http://www.allsimsmods.com/ and this place hosts many CCs. It's not just any CCs. It's your CCs! This site stole custom contents and mods from other sites, if not only MTS, and reuploaded it to a host, kiwishare. And from what I heard, kiwishare grants $10 for every 5000 downloads. Wow, really? I mean the site owner will receive money by stealing the other people's creations, and doesn't even give a damn about giving credits at all? I mean, look at THEIR strawberry plant mod! The authors are DebugEnable and Inge Jones? I doubt they even know who Inge is. What a shame.

What do you guys think? Despite all the creation policies about no reuploads which are supported by many creators, this happens. Do you feel like being critical or just ignore this issue? I don't even know if we can act something, but maybe you could voice your opinion. Should we be critical or just ignore it?

Just call me Nikel
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd May 2014 at 3:24 PM
I know this is serious stuff but I can't help reading every description on that blog in the soup-nazi's voice.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd May 2014 at 3:34 PM
I surfed this page, but saw nothing bad, because they usually give author name under the post.. A lot of russian, indian sites even dont give names of the authors.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 22nd May 2014 at 4:00 PM
I don't really mind if they have my stuff. I'd rather have the couple of extra years life from not getting my blood pressure up than worry about it. I might even still be alive to see TS5!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2014 at 5:04 PM
A few of authors for the CC I've seen so far have been incorrect.

The strawberry plant mentioned in the OP doesn't mention douglasveiga, and they uploaded his/her harvest robot, despite it being deleted from here because it's discontinued. That seems dumb as fuck. And there's the Game of Thrones iron throne with an unknown author...because apparently they don't know how to Google? : X

This site's money making plan doesn't sit right with me frankly, but if everyone else has the same attitude as Inge, then whatever. If the creators don't care, then neither should we.

EDIT: Also I want to smack whoever decided to tag a bunch of shit as "cool stuffs".
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd May 2014 at 6:23 PM
Well, I really don't know how I should act. I feel aggravated thinking it's so unfair that they just stole and reuploaded the creations without the creators' consent. But I'm just curious what the creators think about this, and I thought they should know. It seems like people like Inge don't really mind. After all, I just want to see people complaining about broken mods on that scam site for lacking the technical knowledge about modding. That's what they get for downloading mods not from the original place.

Just call me Nikel
Alchemist
#7 Old 22nd May 2014 at 7:01 PM
I certainly wouldn't want any of my stuff reuploaded without my permission. That would seriously piss me off.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd May 2014 at 8:10 PM
look at the cigarette mod up there..

"Authors:
Nonamena, Atevera, Orangemittens, ChaosMageX, Leesester, Inge and Peter Jones and others."

hmm. no
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd May 2014 at 10:00 PM
Yeah I didn't comment on the cigarette mod because of it saying and others. That doesn't necessarily rule cmomoney out. But it still seems kinda shitty.
Inventor
#10 Old 22nd May 2014 at 10:01 PM
I don't mind about it anymore because it's impossible to control.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11 Old 22nd May 2014 at 10:29 PM
If you check out the smoking mod on here, you can see that what they have done is taken the names cmomoney lists in the credits. I guess there was some confusion about how much or what the credited people contributed. They may not understand that the author is the person whose name is on the post. Maybe for all they know Cmo simply stole it from elsewhere (like they did) and posted with credits :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#12 Old 22nd May 2014 at 11:54 PM
Is this in reference to the CC Caboodle site that's been in my feed on my tumblr? Because I heard a group of Simblr's had it taken down.... If they are stealing creators work and redistributing it and getting paid for it, that's pretty low... Maybe some creators don't care, but I'm sure a lot of others do. That just seems seriously shady to me.
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 11:41 PM
Agree with DG, it's not easy to controll it.
If this can comfort you: I'm not using CC from not reliable sites, but I'm using Google search for to find deeper source of mods available (search by name of author, name of mod, etc.) - for to have under controll comments, eventually mod-updates. I think, that there are more Sims3-players like me who will not feed those sites.
It's possible, that allsimsmods.com isn't understanding, what is doing - I have already read about similar Sims3-CC-reuploaders.
Thank you for all game fixes - without those will be game unplayable (today I've got DouglasVeiga cucumber fix and I've given it "I love"). :lovestruc