Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 4:17 AM
Default Facebook question?
If you put someone on the restricted list on facebook, I know that means they only see your page as if they're a general public user, not a friend but if as restricted would they still get the notification of your birhday and be able to post on your birthday timeline?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 5:50 PM
I wouldn't think so.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#3 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 11:30 PM
'Restricted'... Does that mean that they're considered a friend to your Facebook account, but they're limited in what they can see?

If so and you're really worried about them knowing your birthday for whatever reason, you can go to the birthday field in your profile and set it to custom and add their name as an exception to being able to see it just to make sure.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
'Restricted'... Does that mean that they're considered a friend to your Facebook account, but they're limited in what they can see?

If so and you're really worried about them knowing your birthday for whatever reason, you can go to the birthday field in your profile and set it to custom and add their name as an exception to being able to see it just to make sure.

Basically that's the right idea. when you add someone to the restricted list they are technically friends, but that term is used much more loosely than when not restricted. Restricted individuals can only see posts, photos, and information that is shared public, nothing marked as friends, friends of friends, etc.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 3:33 PM
I would think that if you share your birthday publicaly, then the people on the restricted list can see your birthday. They can post on your timeline if the public is allowed to do so.
But I think what bassoon_crazy says about the exception will work too.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 4:04 PM
I think it is not possible to get notifications from a restricted user.