Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 11:27 AM
Default Deleting Universites
I added all three universities to my Hood but only want to play one. How do I delete the others. When I go into the university screen there is no delete button.Thanks for any help Helen
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 11:57 AM
When you go into the University screen and click on a university as if you want to play it, a panel should come up with an X button (for canceling that choice) a check mark button (for going on to play that university) and off to the right, a little picture of a trash can. Click the trash can and the University will be deleted. However, please note that all the dormies and professors and so on from the universities you delete will just be added to the pool in the university that you keep.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 12:03 PM
Try loading the neighborhood (or a subhood of that neighborhood, not the University you want to delete) first, then click on the "College" subhood button at the top. The Delete buttons should be there. For some reason you can't delete subhoods in the main menu.
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 12:20 PM
Wouldn't that delete the sims in the uni and corrupt your hood?

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 12:41 PM
No it doesn't delete them, they get thrown into your other uni hood as Esme said.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 12:46 PM
What about if you only have one uni subhood and you delete that?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 1:28 PM
Thanks for the help, I now only have one university which is what I wanted. Helen
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What about if you only have one uni subhood and you delete that?

Good point, I don't know! I bet Mootilda will be along to put us straight.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 1:38 PM
As I understand it, the game won't let you delete the last University; but if I'm wrong about that and it did allow you do delete it, then you'd have a bunch of YAs with nowhere to be and the odds are good your game would explode. So don't do that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No it doesn't delete them, they get thrown into your other uni hood as Esme said.

Just cause I need black & white clarification: this includes any cas & playable sims right? If I had a playable in uni "a" with items in her inventory, if I deleted uni "a" thus making her move to uni "b", will items still be in her inventory?
Sorry if this seems patently obvious to everyone else but no sleep & I seem to corrupt my game by turning on my pc
Scholar
#11 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
I seem to corrupt my game by turning on my pc

oh gosh, can I relate to that

From my understanding, if a subhood with playables in it is deleted, then playables get deleted too, causing all kind of troubles to the game. Or Uni is different??
Mad Poster
#12 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 5:52 PM
The playable YAs all get shunted to the student bin, just as they were -so yes, all the inventory, relationships, etc., remain. As long as you have one University left, they are safe.

Deleting that last University would delete the student bin, and that would be a Very Bad Thing.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#13 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 6:42 PM
As always, THANK YOU PENI

that is a relief; I had deleted a uni hood in one of my neighborhoods, but panicked when I realized what I did, thinking I had killed it, so haven't played it since. Good to know it's still good...for this reason anyways
Undead Molten Llama
#14 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 7:15 PM
Um, is it the same for business districts? Because I was a dumbass and clicked the wrong thing in the neighborhood I'm currently playing and added Bluewater Village instead of the blank business district I wanted. I didn't delete it because I thought it would corrupt the hood, but if that's not the case I'd like to get rid of it. There are three other business districts attached, so it wouldn't be the last/only one I'm deleting. Anyone know?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 7:21 PM
Just make sure the owned businesses are sold (and any graves moved, but since you haven't played it there won't be any) before you delete the hood. And business districts don't contain anybody who isn't legal to live in a main hood, so even deleting all of them would be all right.

This is why I back up the game before adding anything, though - much easier to revert if I don't like it than fix things any other way.

Undead Molten Llama
#16 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Just make sure the owned businesses are sold (and any graves moved, but since you haven't played it there won't be any) before you delete the hood. And business districts don't contain anybody who isn't legal to live in a main hood, so even deleting all of them would be all right.

This is why I back up the game before adding anything, though - much easier to revert if I don't like it than fix things any other way.

So I'd have to go in there and sell all the playable-owned businesses before deleting? Well, that seems like work, given loading times on this machine. I think I'll just leave it, though I DO very much appreciate the answer/help, Peni, so thank you.

I do back up, every time I play because I'm never sure when this little netbook is going to say, "Well, screw this!" and then roll over and die. However, when I did this I had just played a bunch of stuff that would have been wiped out if I used the backup, and I didn't want to do it all over again and...Yeah, I'm lazy. That's my excuse for damn near everything.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.