Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 9:11 PM
Default Problem with bad makeover
Hello!
Some of my Sims had bad makeover by my sim who has an hair salon.
I tried anything to take this makeover off: shower, mirror, vanity table, do another makeover buying a makeover chair in the faimily with bad makeup sim.. but nothing works.
What can I do?
Thanks!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 9:33 PM
I've read (I've never used the salon chair but was hoping too soon) that putting full face make up on them and then taking it off should work.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 9:33 PM
You presumably aren't doing the single thing that fixes it - i.e., going to the face paint screen (using any of those methods), adding face paint, and taking it off again.

If that is what you're doing, and it doesn't work, then you probably have a problem that needs troubleshooting.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 9:42 PM
I already tried to put full face makeup and then take it off, it was the first thing I did as it worked until this case.
When I put face paint screen and then take it off I can see that the face is with the good make up I did, but then, when I close the screen, it returns the same as before with bad makeover. I also tried to enter the hair salon (home business): my hair stylist called the sims with bad makeup and offered them a new makeover, but nothing changes.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 10:11 PM
If you're making the makeover successfully, accepting it by clicking the checkmark, and then not seeing it, you have a problem that needs troubleshooting. The most likely culprit is a mod conflict.

I'm afraid that, unless someone pops up out of nowhere and tells you: "Oh, I had X mod in with Y mod and this happened, so if you have both of those try changing the names so Y mod loads second," there's no alternative to testing you custom content. It's tedious, but doesn't take as long as you think it will. The procedure is outlined in the Game Help FAQ. Back up your game, get a drink and a book, and settle in for the long haul.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If you're making the makeover successfully, accepting it by clicking the checkmark, and then not seeing it, you have a problem that needs troubleshooting. The most likely culprit is a mod conflict.

I'm afraid that, unless someone pops up out of nowhere and tells you: "Oh, I had X mod in with Y mod and this happened, so if you have both of those try changing the names so Y mod loads second," there's no alternative to testing you custom content. It's tedious, but doesn't take as long as you think it will. The procedure is outlined in the Game Help FAQ. Back up your game, get a drink and a book, and settle in for the long haul.

Thank you Peni Griffin! It worked!
Since I play a vanilla game, I forgot I installed a mod a couple of months ago for quicker university just to try it. I removed it and things are working now
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 10:39 PM
If it's the mod from here on shorter uni, 46 and 36? hours it should not be that as many of us use that. Mods can clash but often they just need their load order changing. You can do that often by adding some zzz to the beginning of the file name.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You presumably aren't doing the single thing that fixes it - i.e., going to the face paint screen (using any of those methods), adding face paint, and taking it off again.
Is that how you're supposed to deal with bad makeovers?

Since I got OFB last year I haven't let anyone use the salon chair, as I was afraid that my would-be beautician/hairdresser might ruin the good looks of half the Sims in Veronaville while they were learning their trade! I actually have one playable with a silver cosmetology badge (which he got when he was still a townie and I installed OFB) but unfortunately he lives in New Desconia, not in Veronaville, and he works as the DJ in his boyfriend's nightclub.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 11:44 PM
You really need to be less timid, Andrew! Bad makeovers don't happen that often, and they don't harm anything - nobody dies of embarrassment!

What happens is, the stylist sets the client in the chair, whips out the scissors, and they both disappear in a ball of flying styling scissors and hair. Most of the time, the game freezes for a little bit and then opens the CAS screen, which you deal with normally. Then the ball of scissoring action clears, the stylist lowers the chair and presents the skeptical client with a hand mirror, and the client looks delighted. Sometimes, the CAS screen doesn't appear, the ball clears, and the stylist sheepishly presents the client with the hand mirror and accepts the scolding that follows the wails of despair. If the stylist immediately offers, or the client immediately asks for, another makeover, the process is repeated. The higher the badge, the less likely a bad makeover is to result. Creativity points also help.

Bad makeovers typically consist of awful smeary makeup and anything from scorched hair to baldness. The hair is fixed just by changing the hair, the smeary makeup with the face paint trick. A second makeover or an ordinary trip to the mirror will do the job.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 11:50 PM
Yeah in sims 4 they might die of embarrassment but not here is sims 2 land.

bad makeover are funny Andrew! Sims don't care about appearances anyway. Sure they have a bad attitude directly after it's done but then that is it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 4:00 AM
You can die of embarrassment in Sims 4?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 4:07 AM
Yes, it's stupid. They can die from peeing their pants.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#13 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 4:45 AM
I have use this Mod myself in my game and it work, the creator is "joninmobile" ( Also known as The Ninth Wave ) The Mod is called "No Bad Makeover" right here on MTS here the link.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=353100

Note: Born ugly is one thing, but to send your Sims to a "Beauty Salon" and they become ugly is a whole new twist. That is one good reason I love this mod, No Bad Makeover.
And if you still don't like their makeover just sent them to the mirror give them a full costume face then remove it, and the Sims is back to normal. I have never had a bad makeover with this mod.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Theorist
#14 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 5:19 AM
Long ago I had an elder male who went to a community lot on his own. While I had another sim on the lot, I heard yelling and thought some townies were getting into a fight. When I looked over, it was the elder and his face was horrid! He had smudged, bright red lipstick, blaring red cheeks and tons of eye make up. It didn't really go with his white beard and wrinkly face. At the time I had no clue what to do about it. I didn't want to kill him off and have a weird looking ghost and decided to just not play him again. Finally I went to his house and checked the mirror, removed 'face paint' and he was back to normal. Lucky for him as his dog would have been left alone if he had died. I removed the chair after that to prevent more 'accidents'. Now I understand how the whole thing works.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 2:39 PM
Makeovers only affect make up and hair, remember, which is easily fixed. It's not like the plastic surgery career reward, which can totally mess up a sim's face - and that is NOT fixable.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Meet Me In My Next Life
#16 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 7:07 PM Last edited by Simonut : 5th Aug 2015 at 7:22 PM.
Let give the creators of Sims 2 some credit it is really "Funny" that they came up with this idea that if your Sims go to the Beauty salon, no telling just how they will come out, it is really very funny to me.
That why I have the Mod that I mention to you all in Post # 13 so that I can have some kind of control.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".