Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 4:55 PM
Default Can't mark baked goods "for sale"
I've been trying to create/run a bakery with one of my Sims for a while now, but no matter what I do, I can't mark his homemade baked goods "for sale." The only things that end up marked "for sale" are the platters that hold the cakes. Even clicking the coolers to mark everything inside them as for sale didn't work; that just did the same thing and made the platters for sale. I also tried toggling the wholesale mode, but the same thing happened on both settings. What gives?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 7:22 PM
The baked goods themselves won't turn yellow, just the plate. Sims will buy them just fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mackieG13
The baked goods themselves won't turn yellow, just the plate. Sims will buy them just fine.

Then they just start taking them away as dinner platters (usually lobster). :/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 10:59 PM
I'm a little lost. You marked your plates of food for sale and they don't take the food with them when they go to buy it?? If you have the serving plate for sale, yes they will take the whole thing. The food isn't separate from the plate. If you want to sell single serves than you must put single serves into the chiller case.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I'm a little lost. You marked your plates of food for sale and they don't take the food with them when they go to buy it?? If you have the serving plate for sale, yes they will take the whole thing. The food isn't separate from the plate. If you want to sell single serves than you must put single serves into the chiller case.

I mean that they buy the stuff, put it in their pocket/inventory, and then once they leave, some of them hang around to chat with other people and then bring out the serving platter, now with lobster instead of cake or pie, and start serving it to people.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 10:11 PM
Wow! I wish mine would do that! Interested to know what mod you have in place which allows this.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 10:16 PM
That is very odd, I have never had a sim serve food they have bought since it goes directly into inventory. What happens if you sell single plates?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 10:22 PM
I didn't download any mods to cause this.

I haven't sold single plates.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 5:07 PM
mmm.. strange.. that sounds more like sims 4 than sims 2.
In Sims 2 you mark stuff for sale, people buy it at the register then take it away.
As far as I know, it's not possible to access the inventory in Sims 2, and take stuff out to serve to other people.

You sure you got the right game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 10:46 PM
You can access inventory with either the build and buy enabler nod or with boolprop, but that is player directed, sims never in all my ten years dive into their own inventory to serve food.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
mmm.. strange.. that sounds more like sims 4 than sims 2.
In Sims 2 you mark stuff for sale, people buy it at the register then take it away.
As far as I know, it's not possible to access the inventory in Sims 2, and take stuff out to serve to other people.

You sure you got the right game.

Yes, I am quite sure I have the right game.