Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 6:55 PM
Default Inge mod Hotel Podium
I just noticed this mod and have a few questions about how it works. The info posted states it does not overwrite anything and created before BV, meaning it has nothing to do with vacation lots. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_OFB.htm
Has anyone used this, and does it work with all EPs? Can it be used instead of the game podium at downtown for example? Is it compatible with UC?

I would love to use Inge's in place of the OFB podium to get a more natural atmosphere in dining lots with other activities going on. The downtown nightclub was always a favorite of mine but had the annoying problem of my sims not getting to meet other playables as they always looped the dining and leaving caused by maxis podium. They could not be approached once the podium lured them in and the repeated dining would cause some of them to get fat.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 7:16 PM
I don't understand. My Sims go to restaurants and sometimes don't even eat - and they can do all the other stuff that they want to (which is only limited by what is available on the lot) with the normal podium. I have never seen a dining looped thing. Maybe there was a patch or something, I would not know. Never seen any Sim going dining without me directing them to either.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 1:00 AM
Non controlled visiting sims will go to a community lot with a podium and eat, when done they leave and a short while later they return and do the same over again. If you've ever used the downtown nightclub you'll understand how it works. The hostess will seat them at a table, if the tables are full, they will seat them at the bar.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 11:19 AM
Even with non-controlled Sims (mine) I did not notice that. I noted that they are sometimes seated at a bar there (even when the tables do not seem that full to me ) - but I still have not seen what you are referring to - perhaps I have not let my visiting Sims stay there long enough. However, I have really not seen any of my own Sims (non-controlled) coming back to dine again in any restaurant of club (and I do see them; Chester Gieke and Dora Ottomas dine together quite often when I am not playing them). Maybe there is a problem there, though, but just not big enough to bother me
Theorist
#5 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 2:43 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 27th Sep 2015 at 4:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
I just noticed this mod and have a few questions about how it works. The info posted states it does not overwrite anything and created before BV, meaning it has nothing to do with vacation lots. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_OFB.htm
Has anyone used this, and does it work with all EPs? Can it be used instead of the game podium at downtown for example? Is it compatible with UC?

I would love to use Inge's in place of the OFB podium to get a more natural atmosphere in dining lots with other activities going on. The downtown nightclub was always a favorite of mine but had the annoying problem of my sims not getting to meet other playables as they always looped the dining and leaving caused by maxis podium. They could not be approached once the podium lured them in and the repeated dining would cause some of them to get fat.

According to the full description, it simply keeps Sims around longer on a owned community lot (which can really come in handy if you have a ticket machine placed). Say your owned community lot has a section for not just eating, but also playing darts or even a billiards table - with the mod installed Sims are supposed to be more inclined to stick around and enjoy whatever else the location offers in the way of activities.

It looks as if it was updated through Freetime, but that does not mean it's not compatible with all games. You could always just test it out in a throwaway neighborhood and see how it goes.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 5:59 PM
This is the description part I was asking about: "The usual Maxis one (podium) virtually forces them to queue for a meal and then pretty much forces them to go home after eating or if they had to wait too long."

I was asking if anyone had experience with placing this on Maxis community lots, say Downtown, not owned business. The experience I had was the nightclub and visitors would be drawn to the podium to eat. It was difficult to have my controlled sim get a 'visitor' sim to join in and if they did join, they would walk away and go back to the podium.

Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 9:14 PM
Hi, I use that podium. In my experience a lot of the sims will ignore the podium and instead head straight for the bar/dance floor/chess table/etc, sometimes they'll stick around for a bit and then leave without eating, but most of the time, they'll queue for the podium when their hunger bars get low. After eating some might leave straight away and others will stay and hang out at the bar for a bit longer.
If you want a business to only be used as a restaurant I'd use one of the normal podiums (or use the customer selector to make sure sims are hungry when they arrive) otherwise they'll find other things to do on the lot, like stand in the rain playing catch :D
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 8:12 AM
I use them all the time. It works as advertised

I don't have UC but I do have AL.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 2:11 PM
Thanks for the replies. I was interested in this for un-owned community lots. Now it sounds like it would work the way I hoped. Thanks