Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:42 PM
Default Question about "duplicate files in downloads folder"
So with some lots, when I try to install them, Clean Installer tells me that I have duplicate files in my downloads folder. It even gives me the full name of the document in question. The problem is that there are no files IN the downloads folder, except folders, and THOSE folders have folders with CC in them...and yet, Clean Installer is telling me the Downloads folder has the duplicate files, and not, say Downloads/Folder 1/Folder 2/, etc.

I've tried saying yes overwrite to all of them, and no do not overwrite all of them, but the lot does NOT appear in the lots bin in the game. The sims2pack's that give me this duplicate files message are the lots that do not show up in the game. So that makes me think it has something to do with Clean Installer.

Has anyone had a similar problem like this? Any help would be appreciated!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 6:03 PM
I believe that you have two separate problems.

1) You are trying to install CC. The Clean Installer processes all subfolders in Downloads and finds a duplicate, but won't tell you which subfolder the duplicate is in.

You could probably work around this problem by running the Clean Installer and Browsing to your Downloads folder. Duplicate files should be marked in pink and you can remove them. Be sure that you don't delete the latest version of the CC, which is likely the one that you want to keep.

2) You have a lot which, when installed using the Clean Installer, does not show up in your lot bin. It's likely that you do not have the EPs and SPs that are required by the lot.

Check the download thread to make sure that you meet the requirements.

If so, try installing using the Clean Installer. If you click on the packaged lot in the list, the game engine version should be displayed at the bottom of the screen. Do you have that EP or SP?

After installing but before running the game, check whether the lot appears in your Teleport subfolder.

If so, run the game and enter a neighborhood, then check whether the lot appears in your LotCatalog subfolder.

Report back here with the answers and we'll see whether we can get you going.

It might also help to give me a link to one of the lots which doesn't appear, so that I can try it myself.