Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 7:11 PM Last edited by kireikonekotenshi : 9th Sep 2014 at 8:58 PM. Reason: additional photo

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Breast deformities
Hello MTS community,
I have never posted here before, so I hope this turns out alright.
I'm having a sudden issue with my sims. The breast are deformed no matter what size I choose. They look awful.

I don't know why it's happening, and I can't figure out what caused it to start.
I read here in the forums that people have had trouble with breast glitches when they install breast slider mods, but I've never used them.
I've only got clothing and hair mods, and I've never had a problem until recently. Just one day I started the game and went to make some new sims, and a lot of them have deformed breasts now.
They don't always look like the photo I've provided either, sometimes they are super flat/deflated looking, sometimes they are super pointy, sometimes to point outwards < > and other times they look like they're pointing at each other ><

Granted, they don't become deformed all the time, but a lot of the time they do, maybe 8 out of 10 sims get deformed breasts. I even tried using the same clothing on different new sims and it seems becoming deformed is just random.
It's terrible, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Advice please?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 7:37 PM
this is likely related to faulty cc content you have. did you checked if your mods folders contents are the cause (or your downloads) all cc can be bad "even if its only hair and clothing".
before posting here there was a thread with steps you should try. did you followed this: Game Help:TS3 Finding Problem Custom Content to be sure that cc is not the cause

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:36 PM Last edited by kireikonekotenshi : 9th Sep 2014 at 8:47 PM.
I assumed straight away that the issue is in the mods, I'm just not sure how to find out which one is at fault. I don't know anything about scripts or things like that. I did read the help custom content thing but I can't really understand everything. I feel utterly stupid, but I just want to get rid of the file causing the problem, I don't know how though.

It says to delete any recent mods, but that's what I find confusing. The last mod I installed was in April last year and I haven't had any issues till now.
Is it common for files to suddenly decide not to work right anymore?
just a girl
#4 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 9:11 PM
Did you try the 50/50 method? http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...he_50.25_Method
Quote:
Split your mods into 2 equal batches
test one batch, then the other
if one batch has the issue, split it into 2 batches and repeat
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 9:22 PM Last edited by shmovese : 9th Sep 2014 at 10:31 PM.
no need to feel stupid at all!
also mod means eveything not only hacks. so nothing newly installed? any sims downloaded? thats an easy way to get content you maybe not even know about.
but nevertheless Lamare is right: the 50/50 method for sorting out mentioned above is the best way to be sure its not cc related. i dont find it hard to understand but if there still sth unclear to you - tell us

edit: since the second attachment i thought it looks like overuse of sliders. you say you dont have any for the breast section?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
no need to feel stupid at all!
also mod means eveything not only hacks. so nothing newly installed? any sims downloaded? thats an easy way to get content you maybe not even know about.
but nevertheless Lamare is right: the 50/50 method for sorting out mentioned above is the best way to be sure its not cc related. i dont find it hard to understand but if there still sth unclear to you - tell us

edit: since the second attachment i thought it looks like overuse of sliders. you say you dont have any for the breast section?

I do not have any modified breast sliders. Only hair and clothing downloads, oh and a mosaic remover.
At the moment I'm just working on removing all my mods one by one and making new sims as a test each time.
So it's taking me hours. Still haven't found the cause yet.

Also, no, I have not installed anything in over a year, mods or otherwise.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 1:53 PM
since your re-arranging cc for testing: dont forget to delete the caches! Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Files
otherwise changes cant take place - you see no difference.
best test CAS in the base game EA world in a new Save like "CC Test". base worlds caches are deleted with the first 5 mentioned. if you have costum worlds also check the step for deleting world caches (only for windows user!) its a seperate folder

if you go on sorting stuff out you need to do the cache deleting repeatedly. no worry - they refresh everytime you run the game

slider: to make the EAs slider have such impact one would need a tuning for increased slider range. ever heard of that? do you have such a tuning?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:00 PM Last edited by kireikonekotenshi : 10th Sep 2014 at 7:14 PM. Reason: Additionl text & additional photo
since your re-arranging cc for testing: dont forget to delete the caches! Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Files
otherwise changes cant take place - you see no difference.
best test CAS in the base game EA world in a new Save like "CC Test". base worlds caches are deleted with the first 5 mentioned. if you have costum worlds also check the step for deleting world caches (only for windows user!) its a seperate folder

if you go on sorting stuff out you need to do the cache deleting repeatedly. no worry - they refresh everytime you run the game

slider: to make the EAs slider have such impact one would need a tuning for increased slider range. ever heard of that? do you have such a tuning?

Oops, I forgot about the caches, now I'll have to start testing all over again. Thank you for reminding me. I'll continue the re-testing sometime tomorrow though, as I should actually get some sleep or I'll have been awake for 3 days straight.
It's not the EA sliders fault, at least I'm pretty sure it's not anyway, because I always chose the size of my sims body first, then move onto hair and clothing.
The deformation always occurs after I start editing other things about my sims. But then, even if I do play with the slider after the deformation has already occurred, it doesn't fix it, they stay deformed.

Additional text: As for the "increased slider range" I've seen pictures for it, like sliders for increasing the bust sizes and stuff, but I don't have any. They only become deform like that after I start editing my sims details, the breasts (usually) start out looking completely normal.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#9 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:22 PM
i feel stupid since i never asked you on which patch level your are...?
as far as my research went some people complained about the same breast glitch after updating to 1.29. i cant remember having that issue when i started the game - so that glitch was likely corrected on a higher patch level.

so my suggestion is try if patching helps if you arent patched already. Game Help:TS3 Patching:Patch Download i recommend patching manually. you can use the super patcher also to re-apply the patch via => patch anyway if you used the launcher before to patch)

an insufficient patch level is only another aspect - sorting out bad cc (checking if its the culprit) is still important if you were patched or the problem persists after patching.

if you need to update remember that mods generally can be incompatible with higher patch levels since sims 3 went through major changes (after e.p. World Adventures + Pets). so if you are really low level and upgrade check your mods (hairs, objects, the censor thing) if they are still compatible. objects needed a complete overwork after Pets, plants after WA
so if you go to the newest patch level (what i recommend) dont use very old modifications (pre WA + Pets EP stuff). btw. i struggled hard to be less confusing but i likely lack the skill

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 12:15 PM
I took a screenshot of the version numbers and all my expansions so you could see what I have. I hope that can help.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#11 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 1:16 PM
thanks for the pics!
your patch level (1.42) isnt that "ancient" but the current is 1.67. since unpatched games are known to cause troubles of all kinds i highly recommend to patch
good possible that the bug/glitch is fixed then. but check your mods contents from third parties as i already mentioned

just a girl
#12 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 2:10 PM
You know what I think. Maybe you should start your game completely without Mods folder to make sure it actually IS a problem with files in your mods folder. You're going through so much trouble sorting things, but what if the little terrorist is sitting in the Saved sims? Or in the DCCache or DCBackup, where sims3packs unpacking themselves? You say, you haven't installed new mods, what about sims? Or whatever folder. Anyway, it won't hurt to test this way, I think. You don't have to delete Mods folder, you can just move it to your desktop, for example. If the problem still persists, try to start the game with completely fresh The Sims 3 folder (previuosly making a copy of it in a safe place). Ugh. I forgot where I saw the instruction for that, maybe shmovese remembers
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 9:13 PM
thanks for the pics!
your patch level (1.42) isnt that "ancient" but the current is 1.67. since unpatched games are known to cause troubles of all kinds i highly recommend to patch
good possible that the bug/glitch is fixed then. but check your mods contents from third parties as i already mentioned

Wow, so much extra content, I didn't know I was even missing out. I updated my patch and deleted all my cashe files.
I'm reluctant to be excited, but so far, no crazy boobs!

I've only made two new sims, and the breast deformities didn't happen every time, so we'll see how it goes.
I'll create a few more and go crazy with the editing and see if it starts happening again, if it does then I'll go back to removing mods, if it doesn't- YAY
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#14 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 11:33 PM
@kireikonekotenshi : i keep my fingers crossed

Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
(...) but what if the little terrorist is sitting in the Saved sims? Or in the DCCache or DCBackup, where sims3packs unpacking themselves? (...) You don't have to delete Mods folder, you can just move it to your desktop (...) I forgot where I saw the instruction for that, maybe shmovese remembers

hey Lamare absolutely agree to everything you said above. i still do hope the glitch was "only" due to an unpatched game since kireikonekotenshi doesnt seem to be the "usual suspect" CC downloadaholic.
but the method you mentioned is nevertheless -solution for this bug found or not- a valuable instrument to count out bad cc as cause of bugs and glitches or crashes and errors. i know it under/as the clean folder method (at the very end) or factory reset: Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling. lazy me loves the first link more. its the very easy way and short and clear in its description.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 11:47 AM
I've created many more sims since the update and cache deleting, and zero deformities so far. Hooray!
It seems to be fixed! Thanks so much for the advice!

One other thing though, when I select "Fairy" in create a sims, the wings do not show.
I didn't mention it before because I don't use the fairy option very much and just assumed they weren't appearing because I wasn't letting the sims load for long enough.
However, since the breast deformation issue seems to be out of the way now, I decided to test my theory, but no matter how long I left the fairy sim on screen in create a sim, the wings never show up.
I could use some more advice if it's not too much to ask.

Regardless of the sims age, gender, or the wing shape, the wings just do not display at all, on any sims.
Screenshots
just a girl
#16 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 3:05 PM
Since you updated your game, you better check updated mods as well (if you didn't do it already). As I recall, back when supernatural EP came out, people experienced the same thing with fairy wings if they used outdated no-mosaic mod. You have it, right? Check out the proper version for your patch level.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 7:20 PM
I've had a few of these glitchy sim breast issues as well. Not that often, and I've even kept a few of them in my town; just had to choose clothing that made them look merely flat-chested without emphasizing the extent of the glitch.

I'd assumed it was all due to occasional slider madness; I know the waist slider does glitchy things to knees sometimes, for instance. But I guess that wasn't it. I'll take a look at my own CC/mods, but it really is one of those things that's hard to test because it doesn't happen regularly. Or even very often in my game.