Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#526 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Doing bone assignments is covered in this tutorial, Tsany saadi. Is there something in particular you don't understand?

Mark9, it looks like that's just a lighter multiplier texture, or possibly a whiter alpha.

Thanks before
but how to do that ? ( i still new on milkshape thing so i don't really understand )
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#527 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 2:34 PM
It's the texture, not the mesh. You do it in Photoshop or GIMP.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
#528 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 8:37 PM
Nope, it's not the texture. It is the mesh. Use the Vertex Extra Data Tool to fix it. You can check HP's hair tutorial to see how it works
Test Subject
#529 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anubis360
Nope, it's not the texture. It is the mesh. Use the Vertex Extra Data Tool to fix it. You can check HP's hair tutorial to see how it works

Thanks Anubis :lovestruc
but which file in the hair package should i extract and open in milkshape?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#530 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 10:57 AM
The mesh files - GEOM if you use S3PE. They should be labelled lod0, lod1 etc; if not, the biggest filesize will be the LOD0, second biggest will be the LOD1 and so on.

Test Subject
#531 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 1:55 PM
I'm flat-out new to hair meshing, and basically just felt my way around it yesterday.
I was wondering what causes these weird shadings(blue outlines) and how to fix them.
I was also hoping to retain those little strands(red outlines) that was in the original mesh.

The magic page 4 holds. I broke the rule.
Test Subject
#532 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 11:00 AM
Vondure its because the specular i think
Test Subject
#533 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 12:06 PM
Hi Tsany, thank you for responding.

I had been waiting anxiously for an answer for a good number of days now, but I guess people have been really busy recently.
Anyway, at first I thought it had something to do with the specular as well. But adding a black alpha to my specular did absolutely nothing.
And to add to that, I came across another problem. Do you see those weird polygonal shading patterns around her bangs? I have no idea how to fix it.

Theorist
#534 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 3:41 PM
Test outside of CAS, that'll tell you if it's a spec problem or not.

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#535 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 1:34 PM
Both of the meshes appear fine in-game/outside of CAS. I'm almost certain the problem has something to do with the mesh itself rather the texture, since I accidentally managed to fix a separate copy of it after re-meshing it in MS3D. The only thing is, I didn't take note of what I might have done differently, because I wasn't exactly expecting anything at that time.

Here are a couply of screenshots.

What could be causing these abnormalities? I know they don't seem that much of a problem at all but I've seen other people getting in the same trouble so I might as well just try to get to the bottom of it once and for all.

Test Subject
#536 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 4:59 AM
can i see the mesh at milkshape?
Test Subject
#537 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:48 PM
Here they are, from wireframe, smooth-shaded, flat-shaded to textured:

Test Subject
#538 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 4:05 PM
Hi, CTU takes forever to search for meshes, is there any way to speed it up a bit? Thanks
Sockpuppet
#539 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 4:50 PM
@ Vondure
Those are normalmap issues
Test Subject
#540 Old 9th May 2011 at 3:22 AM
Register??
I got to the step of importing the mesh into Milkshape and when I clicked what you told me to click. A message popped up and said that I need to register. Did I do something wrong because your tutorial said nothing about registration.

Thanks if you can Help and sorry if this is a stupid question.
Theorist
#541 Old 9th May 2011 at 8:41 PM
Milkshake isn't free, you get a 30 day trial but then you have to pay

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#542 Old 9th May 2011 at 10:32 PM
Ok and how do I get this 30 day trial because I went to the site the message told me and I dont see a 30 day trial anywhere.
Lab Assistant
#543 Old 15th May 2011 at 9:47 PM
I have a quick question. I made an all new mesh, but now when I try to export it Milkshape gives an error telling me to split the seams before I can export.... what does that mean?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#544 Old 15th May 2011 at 11:55 PM
When you download Milkshape, the free trial is automatic.

pahtrick, that means that you have welded two vertices together which are in different places on the UVMap. Find any "seams" on the mesh - areas where two parts of the mesh which are on different parts of the map meet - and unweld the vertices on the seams.

Lab Assistant
#545 Old 16th May 2011 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
pahtrick, that means that you have welded two vertices together which are in different places on the UVMap. Find any "seams" on the mesh - areas where two parts of the mesh which are on different parts of the map meet - and unweld the vertices on the seams.

Ah, okay... thank you!
Test Subject
#546 Old 28th May 2011 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pahtrick
I have a quick question. I made an all new mesh, but now when I try to export it Milkshape gives an error telling me to split the seams before I can export.... what does that mean?
No its not because it wont let me do anything unless I buy stuff
Lab Assistant
#547 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:52 AM
The tutorial says it's not possible to create "hat" hair with DABOOBS. Is that still the case?
Test Subject
#548 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 7:57 AM
Probably not gonna get a reply because people haven't replied to this thread in a while but I'm having the same problem as Vondure. What exactly do I need to do to fix the issue?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#549 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 11:39 AM
The issue which was described as a normalmap issue - assuming that the person who said that was correct - is probably caused by the normalmap being the wrong DDS compression. I would suggest using a blank EA normalmap, just to check that that is the cause, and if that fixes it you'll know you need to fiddle with your own map some more.

It's not possible to make hat hairs with DABOOBS, use CTU or TSRW.

Forum Resident
#550 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 11:01 PM
(I hope this isn't considered necroposting...)

So I wanted to try my hand at this tutorial. As the results show, I didn't do so well. Does anyone know what the issue is? Is it because the mesh is considered "too close" or something? I'm pretty sure I followed everything correctly

Screenshots
Page 22 of 25