Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#126 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 9:08 AM
I still use the crib at night.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 9:20 AM
I use a toddler bed for the toddlers and only use cribs for babies. So far the parents haven't tried to put the toddler in the baby's crib.
Test Subject
#128 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 9:23 AM
I was playing earlier, and one of my uni kids was freaking out over being tired. So instead of going to sleep, she decided to try and have more fun. Which she had just filled up.
Field Researcher
#129 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by feindwalker
I was playing earlier, and one of my uni kids was freaking out over being tired. So instead of going to sleep, she decided to try and have more fun. Which she had just filled up.

She must be taking his advice. College is the only time and place for everything, she wants to have as much fun as she can before its over.

Then again this advice is coming from the guy who sang perverted songs and called his new food Chefs chocolate-salty-balls what does he know

(trick question. Everything)

❤"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened"❤"It's okay for you to disagree with me I can't force you to be right"❤"I don't care what anybody says, sleep is my BFF"❤
Test Subject
#130 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
One of my Sims died while cooking. Only ashes were left. And when the Grim Reaper comes, the father-in-law of the burned Sim cleaned the floor and trying to put her ashes in the bin >.<

LMAO! I had to stop reading! OMG sooooo funny! I am crying....my husband is looking at me like I am crazy!
Link Ninja
#131 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 12:07 AM
I had a sim come back from somewhere with bladder in the red, and even though they auto-queued for a toilet, they sat down and got off and flushed without doing their business. I manually queued the toilet and same thing, so I let them wee themselves for their stupidity.

Another dumb thing, sims can sit on their beds and read but have to get up and back into bed to actually sleep. I guess animations are too hard to have them flip themselves under the covers while staying in bed.

Also auto-serving a meal when they are the only ones on the lot...I guess they really like having leftovers. Well actually that makes sense, if I were a lazy sim I'd only want to cook like 1 day of the week too.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#132 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 12:26 AM
If a sims bladder is totally in the red they are incapable of using a toilet, it's obviously been programed that way, but anytime a sim is in that state they will get up and wet themselves in front of the toilet. So really it's not stupidity because they took themselves to the toilet but coding prevented them from using it. It can be stupidity that got them that red bladder though.

I think they added that in sims 3, but again, no coding in sims 2 to do so.

The only really stupid things some sims do is not take themselves for a meal when they need one. This is not coding as some sims are capable of looking after themselves much better than others. Same with using the toilet and taking a shower.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#133 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Another dumb thing, sims can sit on their beds and read but have to get up and back into bed to actually sleep. I guess animations are too hard to have them flip themselves under the covers while staying in bed.

That's what I find annoying about toddlers: Once they've learned to walk and use the potty, it's annoying to see them stand up to walk to the potty, then sit down on the ground, then *shuffle* towards the potty, and *climb* onto it as if they've forgotten how to stand/walk.
Or a toddler about to be picked up. The sim walks towards them, the toddler stands up, turns toward the adult, and then SITS DOWN again... Why can't the adult pick up a *standing* toddler???
Or a sim standing in front of a sofa or couch with their back towards it, who then turns to one side, walks to the SIDE of the couch, and then slides onto it sideways! What the eff is wrong with just bending your knees while you're already in the right position???
Or a sim carrying a baby, who then puts the baby down in order to be able to pick it up before breastfeeding... what the ...???

All that is just because the Maxoids were too effing lazy to make a more diverse set of animations.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#134 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 12:59 AM
While I love the baby and toddler stage I do agree with all the above! Also a toddler who has learned to talk gains no new benefit. A toddler has the option to ask for food, attention or diaper/nappy change before they can talk and nothing changes once they have learned to talk.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 2:13 AM
I assumed it's not really an issue with the amount of animations, but the transition from one task to another. It's complicated to get a character to, at any time, anywhere the conditions are met and the action is prompted, switch from one pose/action to another. Even more so when there's more than one, each in different life stages with completely different sets of animations. The more I think about it, the less I envy whoever had to figure out all of the permutations of possible sim interactions.
Theorist
#136 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 2:53 AM
I've mentioned this before, but toddlers seem to have more sense than adults. I've had a bunch of toddlers living alone, with no social worker mod, added the same type objects as other sims have. Gave them a food source, either bottle or feeding table, something to sleep on, toys to play with, potty chair and toddler seating for comfort. Using the auto bill payer and making sure they learned toddler skills from autonomous toys, they're left to fend for themselves. They all do very well and stop whatever they're doing when another action needs tending to. No temper tantrums or crying, just a bunch of happy little rug rats, oblivious to any problems. No funny bunnies or goofy doctors dropping from the ceiling to visit. At each phase of aging after toddler, they seem to lose their senses a little at a time until they're almost totally dependent on us to help them function.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Theorist
#137 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
.. At each phase of aging after toddler, they seem to lose their senses a little at a time until they're almost totally dependent on us someone/ something to help them function.

See, Sims IS just like real life ... lol
Scholar
#138 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 9:56 AM Last edited by BoilingOil : 29th Mar 2016 at 10:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
While I love the baby and toddler stage I do agree with all the above! Also a toddler who has learned to talk gains no new benefit. A toddler has the option to ask for food, attention or diaper/nappy change before they can talk and nothing changes once they have learned to talk.

I so agree!!! But someone of our acquaintance has a mod for that :P

Quote: Originally posted by caitawesome
I assumed it's not really an issue with the amount of animations, but the transition from one task to another. It's complicated to get a character to, at any time, anywhere the conditions are met and the action is prompted, switch from one pose/action to another. Even more so when there's more than one, each in different life stages with completely different sets of animations. The more I think about it, the less I envy whoever had to figure out all of the permutations of possible sim interactions.

Permutations??? Sure, there is some transition form one animation into another, but that is actually surprisingly simple... You just make sure that hey start every animation from the default stance, and end every animation in the same default stance. So after any random animation, *any* other random animation could follow without a hitch. So there should not be an issue having multiple animations for the same interaction and choosing a different one when appropriate. They just didn't wanna make that much effort, because the board decided that the game had to be out yesterday, in stead of the day after tomorrow, as was originally planned. So yes, the team of coders had a hard time, but not because of what they had to do, but because of the deadlines they had to meet while doing their job.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#139 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 10:07 AM
@BoilingOil Not sure if that was the mod I tried a few years back or not. I thought it was called that but reading the description it sounds different. Whatever mod it was that I tried clashed as my toddlers kept resetting. I could try it and see

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#140 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 10:19 AM
@joandsarah77 : I've never heard *that* complaint before. So if that happens again, I'd certainly like to hear about it. And maybe an HCDU report could be helpful (if that program even runs properly on your system, of course).
Mad Poster
#141 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 10:20 AM
I use the crib - and until the toddlers can get out by themselves, I don't mind waking up the parents (both of them, since twins need both) - to look after the kids. The parents will not die - they can sleep again after. And if they are truly exhausted, hire a nanny and go to sleep or off to the hood hotel. Toddler getting out of crib - priceless animation
Flirting with the wrong Sim - grrrrrrr. Poking a Sim - depending who does the poking.
Testing a lot for AndrewGloria - apartment - and the landlord pokes the test Sim!!!!! Now if I rent a place and the landlord pokes me - I think I will move out. (Reminding me why I never liked apartments).
Test Subject
#142 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 12:03 PM
Not too long ago Mary-Sue Pleasant thought it was a superb idea to read a book while her dinner was in the oven.
Theorist
#143 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 2:26 PM
@BoilingOil I had not seen the toddler mod you mentioned. I used Twojeff's and it seemed to work okay. Lately though, since reading Parenting, it seems my adults never leave the toddlers alone, all needs are maxed for both ages and toddlers will ask anyone for attention. Your mod should help with that. Is Pescado's mod needed if using Twojeff's? Haven't looked yet, but don't think I have both anyway. Thank you for all your mods! (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#144 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OldSpirit
Not too long ago Mary-Sue Pleasant thought it was a superb idea to read a book while her dinner was in the oven.

I've had them leave to go outside to meet the neighbors, play with the basketball hoop (when they've never even noticed it before), play a quick game of pool, or a long game of cards. Then, of course, it's time for the fire dance instead of using the extinguisher they keep up their kiester.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#145 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Is Pescado's mod needed if using Twojeff's? Haven't looked yet, but don't think I have both anyway.

TJ, Squinge and Pescado all made their own versions of the "leave kids alone" style mod. You're not likely to need two of them. Chances are, the number of conflicts would be phenomenal. Also, if you really needed one of Pescado's mods for TJ's mod to work well, I think that TJ would have mentioned that on his download page. Since he made no such claim, I expect that one or the other is good enough in most cases.

My mod, however, works towards a different purpose in most respects. It shows fewer conflicts with the other three. I think you'd be fine with TJ's mod and mine together, as long as "Less Toddler Annoyance" loads last.
Mad Poster
#146 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 4:55 PM
In defense of sims who wander off while cooking - I've done that, because watched pots never boil. Or I'll get something boiling, put a lid on to simmer, set the timer, and forget to turn the flame down underneath, which renders the timer of no help at all.

But the most simlike thing that ever happened in real life to someone I know happened when a friend of mine was crashing at my mom's on a business trip. He turned on the oven, put in a pot pie, went into the adjacent living room, sat down on the recliner, and fell asleep. When my mom came in three hours later smelling smoke she found him slumbering away and the pot pie turned to a cinder in the oven. No fire, thank goodness, and the house was open enough that he wasn't in any danger of smoke inhalation. All of this friend's friends have a story about him, and this is Mom's.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#147 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 5:07 PM
I wander off all the time while trying to cook something - I find that very normal
I once made a untested recipe on my birthday while guests were over and we were having kind of a ball - let us say that FORTUNATELY some person who tried to be original gave me a fire extinguisher as a gift! (That was fortunately just the desert, we were having a BBQ outside). (And a small fire extinguisher should be a usable object in Sims, and there should be one in every kitchen )
Theorist
#148 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
@joandsarah77 : I've never heard *that* complaint before. So if that happens again, I'd certainly like to hear about it. And maybe an HCDU report could be helpful (if that program even runs properly on your system, of course).

I use your mod along with TJ's no toddler swarming with no issue.
Thanks to your mod, my toddlers now have a reason to learn to talk.
Top Secret Researcher
#149 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 11:13 AM
It's probably been mentioned before but stupid Sims who, instead of putting leftovers in the fridge right behind them, will go upstairs to the fridge near the nursery. It also drives me mad when some stupid parent wants to pick up a toddler that's only just been put in the crib because it's really really tired; interferes with an action that the parent right next to the toddler was about to do; or decide that the perfectly clean toddler needs a bath. I'm always screaming at them not to be so **** stupid.
Scholar
#150 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 12:03 PM
That's why I use the Bouncinator 3000 (Maxis download) for babies, and the Tiny Tykes Sleepy Mat (by Phaenoh) for Toddlers. *If* I buy my sims a crib, it's because they roll a want for it. But this crib ends up in their inventory, or on the roof - either way, they will not have access to it.
The Bouncinator is a one tile object that can be placed in the living room, so babies have other sims in sight (good for social), it contains a toy (for fun), and if they get tired, they simply fall asleep for a few sim minutes. So the only thing you have to worry about is, their hunger, bladder and hygiene.
The teen and adult sims still have access to the little bundle, but are much less obsessive about it than with the cribs.
The Sleepy mat is also a single tile object, and it is much easier autonomously accessible for toddlers. When a toddler gets tired, it'll crawl onto the mat and fall asleep! But at the same time, there are no interactions for older sims to perform on it.

I have no crib issues at all, and my teens and adults are mostly capable of letting the little ones develop on their own.
Page 6 of 8