Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 12:40 AM Last edited by whiterider : 16th Mar 2011 at 8:18 PM. Reason: That image is incredibly annoying and rather unneccessary.
Default White skin tone?
New question - Post #5

Hi! I was wondering how I could extract the skin texture files. Basically there are two custom skins I have seen where I want to merge some of the features together in photoshop so I can create a perfect skin for me. Note! This is only for personal use and I will not re-upload or credit it as my own work.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 2:56 AM
If you're looking to extract the textures from the custom skintones, open the package files in S3PE, select the _IMG resources, and export them.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 8:26 PM
Thanks thats really helpful!
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 6:58 PM
This is exactly what I needed! I managed to create a face skin that is perfect for the type of sims I want to create. This is only a facemask, so next I'm going to make it a default skin

Though I was wondering, how can I change the skin to a white skin tone? e.g

Any tutorials?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 7:08 PM
I don't know of a tutorial, but you'll need to lighten/desaturate the "light" skintone, and you'll need to create a new skintone ramp that's lighter than the default.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 7:02 PM
Thanks!