Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 13th May 2006 at 7:18 PM
corvidophile2,

Certain terrain paint problems are already fixed for those with NL or OFB patches. The question left is whether it works for the exchanges between those without the patches and those with the patches in either, both or no way(s)

In one of my experiences, in a base game copy, I exported a lot I used some and not used some other custom terrain paints. In my lot back-up copy, I cleaned those unused. In another new base game copy, I intalled the lot back-up copy, the lot shows up well except no more terrain paint work left, and there was no blue-flashing at all. I'munsure if this's lucky or not...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 13th May 2006 at 9:16 PM Last edited by corvidophile2 : 13th May 2006 at 9:52 PM.
Thank you for your input niol, i have an early copy and i am working on it now, removed all terrains with the tool ( i packaged the lot to be sure) and now i have to go back and re-apply the terrain. I will need someone to test the version when i finish.

I have all patches , and if i got it right you suggest that someone that's missing the patch might hav this problem? I dont think so though because simsample tested this ( has all patches) and had the flashing also.I believe it has to do with the packaging.I am also thinking of removing my downloads folder and re-packaging the lot as it is.

Unless my memory is that short i havent removed any terrains of the game when i was making this lot. I might added though.

*sigh*

edit:

URGENT

Please someone test this version of the lot ( i have added a terrain paint i used when making this lot but removed with the terrain tool and ctrl so it was not in the package) Now it is though and i really need someone to check this!

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=102334

Thank you in advance!!

You will find my older and newest creations here
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 15th May 2006 at 9:08 PM
Hi corvi, unfortunately I'm still getting the flashing blue with V3 of the lot:

As you mentioned earlier, I have all EPs and both 'stuff' packs, and I applied the NL patch, OFB patches and FFS patch to my game. I installed the lot using clean installer.
Instructor
#29 Old 16th May 2006 at 4:29 AM
Hi Corvi I wasn't going to say anything, but I feel after reading all the above I should let you know the terrain in my game is either blue or black, no flashing though. Please don't feel bad coz your house is simply superb and with all this help hopefully the problem will be resolved. I am going to take LyricLee's advice and go do some painting. I wouldn't go to all this trouble if your design wasn't worth it. Thanks again for your hard work
Instructor
#30 Old 16th May 2006 at 4:31 AM
Oh wow, I've just seen simsample's pic and that's exactly what I get, sometimes it's black
Mad Poster
#31 Old 16th May 2006 at 4:51 AM Last edited by niol : 16th May 2006 at 5:02 AM.
What I was actually unconsciously suggesting is that: (Sorry, sometimes, I'm not even aware of what my instinct is trying to say... I got that urge to tell out that experience without knowing why at that moment...)

may let the game to package the unused terrain paints along with the exported lots, and then reinstall the exported lot WITHOUT the TERRAIN PAINTS into a game copy or yet another custom download folder WITHOUT any TERRAIN PAINTS to see if this will clear up all your terrain paint work. Yes, all the terrain paint works will be lost if this approach also works in your case, but it may be better than a "recalcitrant" reappearnce of the "flashing-blue" phenomenon.

Also, "stationary blue" may mean the texture of some custom terrain paints may have some problematic referencing(s). A black colour may mean some bad codings. It can be that some copies of the terrain paints are corrupted for some reasons... In such cases, may try to get some new terrain paint copies and test them in some testing lots to see if they're the causes in the first place.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 17th May 2006 at 5:27 PM
If it's any help, the terrain paints that were included in the packages work absolutely fine in other lots- I can go out of Corvi's lot, into another house in the same neighbourhood and use those paints with no problem.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 17th May 2006 at 8:40 PM Last edited by corvidophile2 : 17th May 2006 at 8:45 PM.
Thanks again for all your feedback guys.I have come to the conclusion that in the summer breeze lot the flashing terrain is due to terrains i have applied to the lot but removed with the ctrl button and terrain tool because i didn't like the result.I didnt know anything about this problem though, in my new lot i haven't removed any terrain paints with ctrl while painting it and that's why it has so many included (almost 20)even though about 8 are visible in this lot.I've learnt it the hard way.I am also curious if this lot was like that for a minority or a majority of people.It did work for a friend ( the summer breeze villa that is).Could it be of a conflict with other downloads? I still don't get if this is a maxis bug, if so it MUST be fixed.Anyway , i am really sorry for some people experienced the problem and i still have lots of questions unanswered in my mind about it.Although it appears every terrain used in a lot and removed with ctrl never gets removed from the lot.I should report that to maxis i wonder if other people did also?

Thanks

~Corvi~

edit: just thought about it , could anyone try installing this lot without the terrains with clean installer? I was able to do that with lots i downloaded and didnt get any flashing.I am guessing if it works , could be a solution for those with the problem.I cant test unfortunately as the lot works fine in my game.Also if i added the terrains i have in my game in a lot and someone got them in their game also , would the lot work then or the flashing disappear? These are 2 good tests.

Test Subject
#34 Old 18th May 2006 at 2:08 AM
Hi all,

I too downloaded Corvi's Summer Breeze house and had problems with the terrain flashing. I tried LyricLee's suggestion of placing new terrains and deleting them. It worked after 13 passes of putting down new terrain, deleting the terrain, saving and exiting to the neighborhood. I played the lot for at least 2 hours enjoying every second of it, the house is awesome!!

After the toddler grow into a child wearing a hideous outfit, I sent the Dad to town to buy new clothes. When he returned to the lot the terrain was flashing blue again. ARGH!

I installed the lot using Sims2Pack Clean Installer. When I get a chance, I'll try to reinstall the lot without the terrains.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 18th May 2006 at 11:48 AM Last edited by niol : 18th May 2006 at 12:09 PM.
The first test at least works in my experiences.
The second test may work because all used terain paints may still be regarded necessary although graphically erased by "ctrl". The patch may help eliminate the completely unused ones but not the once used.

It's possible that some terrain paints have guid ID conflicts just imagining there're so many out there.

(Argh... terrain paint nightmare...)
So now, I mostly use only Maxis defaults or planned ones when making a new lot, and no others in the user custom folder. Install only what will be be used. This way should diminish the likelihood of terrain paint nightmare.

It may be better save and export the lot before any terrain paint work, so one can go back. After doing certain amount of work, save the lot and may export another copy. When anything goes wrong, do NOT save the lot and quit back to the neighbourhood.
(fainting away...coz I'm still ill and tired..., I wish I could test it though but I've no such combination of game.)

corvidophile2,

May create a new user account in your windows or else, and may use that account, the game will make another new custom folder in that account's "my document" (but, gonna take about 20Mb for the account, and 300-350Mb for the new custom folder.) without custom contents to test the lot.
However, any mod or hack in the game programme folders will remain unless you feel like to alter them back to the original state for the testing purpose.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 18th May 2006 at 2:06 PM Last edited by corvidophile2 : 18th May 2006 at 2:23 PM.
Here is what i did, i deleted Summer Breeze villa from my game (all copies) and re-installed it from the file i uploaded here. I installed it once by removing the terrains and one by not removing them.The first lot was flashing blue and strangely it had some remainders of terrain even though it was installed without them.The second lot worked just fine though, i aplied on it the first terrain that exists on my catalogue too and saved and repackaged the lot EXACTLY as it was( includign the patio table).Before ALL that though i run clean-installer and noticed i had some duplicate terrains so i removed them all.

I might be wrong but if the lot works for me why not work for others also?Could the duplicates be the problem?If yes , this version might work?

Or if someone cleans duplicates in his game with clean-installer then reload the lot might work then?

Anyway, i will post the link with the lot if anyone wants to download and test

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=105047

Test Subject
#37 Old 18th May 2006 at 7:53 PM
I uninstalled the lot and all the terrains on one of my computers and installed the updated lot. Still got the flashing blue/black terrains.

I installed the original lot without the terrains on my other computer and got the same thing, blue/black terrains.

I checked all my terrains for duplicates with Sims2Pack before loading the game.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 18th May 2006 at 9:05 PM
Just wonder what it'll be like in your case if using yet another custom terrain paint to paint all over the terrain to try to destroy the terrain paint work, and then restart the game without that custom terrain paint and reload the lot.

In my case under the base game, all terrain paint work disappeared, and then save the lot to record down the empty terrain look. After that, restart the game with that custom terrain paint and reload the lot to see that custom terrain paint will show up again or any others as a check.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 19th May 2006 at 11:45 PM
Default not sure where to post this
I am having a problem with a blue patch left across the road when I removed a house that I had downloaded and put on a lot. What causes this and how do you fix it? It happened once before and I don't want to redown load my whole game to get rid of it, but it is right across the road, so I can't change it. thanks, Orion sorry if I put this in the wrong spot.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 20th May 2006 at 7:53 AM
Orionsfire,

What do you mean by "a blue patch left across the road "? Any screenshot?
Did you mean it's in the neighbourhood mode? or what?
Did you mean redownloading the "lot"? (Talking about illegally downloaded game copy here will get you banned here.)
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 20th May 2006 at 2:20 PM Last edited by corvidophile2 : 20th May 2006 at 6:57 PM.
Default Please Test!
Still trying to fix....

Summer breeze update 3 without terrains(crossing fingers) If it works maybe i should try repainting again with caution then test again then upload the file to the original thread.

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=106385

Field Researcher
#42 Old 20th May 2006 at 4:57 PM
Niol, this is a blue color square that lays on the road in my neighborhood, it happened when I put a house back in the house bin, the terrain turned yellow and the road blue...I'm not sure how to put a screen shot on here...new at some of this, and no this is not an illigal copy of anything, I bought my games! What caused it was a house I downloaded from somewhere and put in my neighborhood. Anyway it's not a terrible thing to have to put up with in the game,lol I've taken a house of a lot and it left a hill once Orion
Field Researcher
#43 Old 20th May 2006 at 5:09 PM
Niol, what did you mean by illegally downloaded game copy? Did you mean the Sims2 and the EP's...craggy, I have enough problems navigating my computor, I wouldn't even know how to do that, and didn't know you could...Orion
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 20th May 2006 at 5:57 PM
I suggest adding a lot back in the same place and remove it and see if the color disappears, seems like a glitch.

Field Researcher
#45 Old 20th May 2006 at 9:51 PM
I tried that too Corvidophile, but it didn't work, I'll see if I can figure out getting a shot of it and try getting it on here, it's no biggy to live with it lol, just looks crappy,but the game still functions
Field Researcher
#46 Old 21st May 2006 at 5:58 PM
Default re- blue patch
I am trying to attach a shot of the blue patch I was telling you about, hope this works lol
Attached Images

Field Researcher
#47 Old 21st May 2006 at 6:01 PM
Ok, kind of a small pic, but that's what it looks like, how do you download pics in a bigger size?
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 21st May 2006 at 11:44 PM
I think you attached a thumbnail instead of a snapshot.Anyway from what i can see it looks like a flood which is weird cause that usually happens inside the lots lol Also How on earth did you place a lot in the middle of the road? I haven't seen that before.If you try to place neighborhood decorations does it let you?If yes it could (just could) make it go or hide it. I would try different things to see if i can remove this.Coudl you post a snapshot also? It's hard to see so i m just guessing, it looks like a flood though!

Field Researcher
#49 Old 22nd May 2006 at 12:49 AM
LOL I didn't place a house in the road, it was on the lot but when I moved the house out of the neighborhood, that's what it left behind, yellow grass and blue road...I am still trying to figure out the camera stuff lol having kodac easy share on my system doesn't help, it takes over everything
Mad Poster
#50 Old 22nd May 2006 at 6:15 AM
It does look like a water flood from the neighbourhood. In the mentioned type of cases, the neighbourhood waterline is very close to the landline. When a lot with a deep curved ground has been placed on such sort of regions, the neighourhood ground was made sunken and so the neighbourhood water is no longer covered by the neighbourhood ground. May try to use some big plain/flat lots to level from the surrounding area, as mentioned in this tutorial.
How to do Post-SC4 Neighbourhood-Terrain-Levelling (NTL)
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=103896

By the way, what did you place there before, I wanna try that... :D

Surely, it can be something else though.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 4