Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 4:07 PM
Default Has anyone ever noticed this in The Sims 2 ?
This kind of creeped me out
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 4:16 PM
That puts a darker spin on all that clothing booth woohoo some Sims love to do.
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 4:18 PM
well its the first thing i notice.

it might be simgoverment checking for illegal activity

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
well its the first thing i notice.

it might be simgoverment checking for illegal activity

you're right
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
That puts a darker spin on all that clothing booth woohoo some Sims love to do.

Oooop
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 4:50 PM
That's a camera that connects up to a computer in Sim Sample's house.
Theorist
#7 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 5:19 PM
I noticed long ago that the camera was there, just never looked at it that close. Just goes to show the type of mindset of the creators and the extent of their 'crude humor'. They did warn you on the box. Whatever you do, never, ever look under the beds, you've been warned!

"Pssst . . . I gotta another great idea, let's try this and see how long before someone notices."

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
I noticed long ago that the camera was there, just never looked at it that close. Just goes to show the type of mindset of the creators and the extent of their 'crude humor'. They did warn you on the box. Whatever you do, never, ever look under the beds, you've been warned!

"Pssst . . . I gotta another great idea, let's try this and see how long before someone notices."

Now I wanna look under the bed
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:04 PM
To the people that disagreed
What was there to dislike about what I said
It was just a question
Scholar
#10 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShaniaNextDoor
It was just a question

maybe they weren't creeped out by it

My Tumblr
Scholar
#11 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 7:08 PM
oh thats true.

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 7:10 PM
Or it could just be the phantom disagreer. Never, ever stress about disagrees!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 7:22 PM
The camera is obviously there for security purposes (of some kind)
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShaniaNextDoor
It was just a question

Some faceless people here just can't stand to see others have fun. It's really not that serious, fam.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Why are you assuming that the people who clicked Disagree are trying to stop Shania from having fun? That's pretty ignorant if you were to ask me! Calling said people "faceless" is quite insensitive just because they disagree with the post. Goodness.

Welp, good thing I didn't ask you! It's pretty ignorant, imo, to just "Disagree" and not back it up with sound reasoning, because it comes off as ignorant and mean-spirited. Shania wanted to share a cool thing she found and probably didn't want to wade through that giant thread where there's multiple conversations going on and it's big and intimidating. Let people enjoy things, FFS.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 7:45 PM
Since when is having a different opinion about something 'ignorant", or heaven forbid if they don't then respond with why they disagreed. In that case, we might as well should just remove the buttons entirely! That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Because what good does that do? "NO. UNACCEPTABLE. I DISAGREE." just leaves people uncertain as to what they did wrong, and can be interpreted as passive-aggressive. And I actually do think the button could stand to be removed. I'm not going to derail Shania's neat find any further with a debate about pro/cons of the buttons.

frogz2007--You're not an idiot. I apologize if I came off as brusque, I just get tired of someone being negative for no reason, a la the "disagreers" who just come poop on things.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 8:04 PM
No.. It's quite alright. I have a very bad habit of just saying / doing stuff before I even think of the ramifications which could inevitably occur by doing said thing. I can actually see your point about the disagree button being removed. by doing that, people could just explain "Hey, I disagree because X reason" instead of a button to represent that opinion.

Oh God, I have that habit too. No worries, no hard feels. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#18 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 8:34 PM
Aren't most fitting rooms in real life monitored in some way, tho?
https://www.fixturescloseup.com/wp-...ize-Feature.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qPN43.jpg
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Aren't most fitting rooms in real life monitored in some way, tho?
https://www.fixturescloseup.com/wp-...ize-Feature.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qPN43.jpg

They are, after a fashion. Somebody is typically expected to be in that area and count the clothes as you go in, and count how many you come out with. Cameras are illegal, though. Over 5 years of retail and the nasty things I've seen left in a fitting room make me WISH we had a system for more accountability.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 8:54 PM
Google says this:
Quote:
Privacy laws vary. Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky are among more than 30 states to allow cameras for surveillance, sometimes in dressing room areas, as long as customers “give consent.”

I think what's legal or illegal depends a lot on where you are. I'm pretty sure there are signs in fitting rooms around here (British Columbia, Canada) that say the rooms are monitored by camera.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Google says this:

I think what's legal or illegal depends a lot on where you are. I'm pretty sure there are signs in fitting rooms around here (British Columbia, Canada) that say the rooms are monitored by camera.

Ooh, didn't know that, that's interesting! I do know that there's a push by some companies to start doing it in the interests of loss prevention.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:54 PM
Yes, that has always been there, one reason I have never cared for changing booths in Sim shops.

Real Life: They monitor the outside, the hallway, they are not allowed to spy on you getting changed that would be illegal.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:04 PM
Even if it's just Sims it was kind of creepy lol
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:21 PM
Wow! If intended to be a crude joke, as I assume it was, I am shocked that I've never noticed. I've seen the cameras on top of the changerooms before, just never the hole just beneath it for it to peep on all those innocent (and not-so-innocent) sims trying to change clothes (and other things). Good find!

But now I'm also curious as to what is under the beds...

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:27 PM
Oh wow. That is really really creepy, I never noticed the hole.

Also unless Duine means a specific bed, I just looked under a couple of the beds in the game and I see nothing out of the ordinary.
Page 1 of 2